Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fxtradervin Trading Journal Thread

Hi everyone,

I am Vinod Hari, originally from India; Living in UAE for last 8 years.

I am a full-time health care professional and a part-time swing trader in the FOREX market. Every trade idea, I post in the forum is either an active trade in my personal trading account or I am considering to enter when certain conditions are met.

I derive trading ideas based on an approach called "Global macro multi-asset trading strategy". This simply means that trader will go through an established process to carefully analyze the market conditions to qualify a trade idea which fits the current market regime.

Analysis steps includesDoes this mean that all trades will be profitable? The answer is a big "NO".

With "Global macro multi-asset trading strategy", we are actually isolating a trade idea among lot of " market noise". Each trade idea will be capable of providing decent percentage of probability to achieve our goal. If market condition changed all we have to do is to respect the stop-loss order to prevent our account from losing more than we are willing to lose per trade.

Risk management is the key to success in trading. Never risk more than you are willing to lose. As a standard risk management measure; risk only 0.5% to 1% per trade. This means if your account size is a 1000 USD; risk only 10USD per trade if there is an opportunity make 20 USD.

Let me explain what you can get from this Trade Journal Thread.

-Every trades I take with entry, SL, and TP
    -Why I am in that trade ( very brief)
    -What is my risk management plan for this trade?
    -When I will be closing out this trade earlier than TP or an SL.

What is my annual goal?

My annual goal is make between 14-20% per year , accepting a possible risk of 4-8% of my equity.

How many trades to expect per week?

- Average total number trades will be 4-6 with a 0.5% risk per trade. This means that the weekly risk will be 2%-3% of my equity.

Please feel free to ask me anything related to trading and will share my views with integrity

Thanks n talk to you soon...
    Last edited by fxtradervin; 04-28-2018, 10:48 AM.

I am looking for long GOLD (XAUUSD) because of the increasing tension between US and North Korea. Todays North Korean Foreign Ministers words has created a new tide of risk off tone to markets. It is a sentiment based trade so I am looking only to trade 0.25% of my equity
    Attached Files

Comment

Risk off Sentiment may be knocking the door. Just a piece of news. Nothing has changed
      North Korea's foreign minister said on Monday President Donald Trump had declared war on North Korea and that Pyongyang reserved the right to take countermeasures, including shooting down U.S. bombers even if they are not in its air space.

Comment

Originally posted by fxtradervin View Post
        I am looking for long GOLD (XAUUSD) because of the increasing tension between US and North Korea. Todays North Korean Foreign Ministers words has created a new tide of risk off tone to markets. It is a sentiment based trade so I am looking only to trade 0.25% of my equity
        I have entered market with a market order since the price didn't retraced to my buylimit price. Entered trade at 1306.61 (same target and stop) no change in fundamentals.

Comment

only 1.7% gains or $215 since feb is not much, but save trading for sure.

seems to me you have a way to go to make a living at it. but we all started somewhere, all the best to you..

Comment

Originally posted by reinerh View Post
            only 1.7% gains or $215 since feb is not much, but save trading for sure.

seems to me you have a way to go to make a living at it. but we all started somewhere, all the best to you..
            Thank you for your comments.
            Objective of the strategy is to risk the lowest possible and make at least 1% per month without losing the initial investment. This approach is expected to deliver a smooth equity curve over the long term and will be suitable for bigger account sizes especially for a conservative investor.

As you said, its just the beginning; no idea what will be happening tomorrow.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fxtradervin View Post
              I have exited the trade with a loss of -1.18%. Accepting a loss within risk parameter is important to long term success.

Comment

Did it hit your SL or it was manually closed?

I admire your conservative approach. Takes alot of discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by leverage View Post
                  Did it hit your SL or it was manually closed?

I admire your conservative approach. Takes alot of discipline.
                  Hi, I manually exited. I didn't want to lose more than I could make per trade. This trade was given enough time to play but market conditions changed sooner than expected. All I need to do is carry on to next trade, Thanks for your positive comments.

Comment

I am long USDCHF from 0.97384 with a SL at 0.95523 and TP of 9987 zone. Reson for trade is renwed USD strength. This trade is from daily chart .My hard risk is 1%.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                      I have entered a new AUDJPY long position, Reason for this trade:- Economic assessment at todays meeting was not dovish. Technically it is a good risk reward trade considering generalized risk off scenario. Target of 90 could be achievable if the risk environment remains same.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I have exited both positions manually. Price momentum gravitate towards a deeper pullback.
                        I will be re-entering USDCHF trade if the price respect 4H trend line near 0.97 zone(previous weekly high.
                        AUDJPY: even though this is a fundamentally appropriate trade,price has been caught up in a tight triangle. re-entry will be considered once it is demonstrated a meaningful breakout.

updates will follow

Comment

Hi I am Long AUDUSD at 0.78124, SL 0.77610, TP 0.78930. Reason for entry:- Ongoing market sentiment of USD weakness and a technically low risk to enter. Let us see how does it work
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Exited AUDUSD long trade with just +14.3 pips. Risk for leaving this trade open seems inappropriate. RBA financial stability report is to be released in few hours and price failed to close above a serious technical level.(please see the attached image).

AUDUSD_exit_.png
                            Last edited by fxtradervin; 10-12-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Hi, I am long USDJPY and EURGBP. There is a change in sentiment related to both these currencies. Please see the attached chart for actual levels I am looking. These trades are taken in my real account.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X