Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Scalps

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/mrle...amp-go/2256727

Daily Scalps using money that I am okay to lose. Let's see how long it takes before account gets blown!

chart.png
    Last edited by leverage; 09-26-2017, 07:25 PM.

Originally posted by leverage View Post
    http://www.myfxbook.com/members/mrle...amp-go/2256727

Daily Scalps using money that I am okay to lose. Let's see how long it takes before account gets blown!

chart.png
    very impressive for manual trading, my hats of to you.

hope you dont blow, get at least deposit money out so you go on with house money.

Comment

Originally posted by RenkoGuy

"Smart traders never hold positions over the weekend." Thats just silly Swing traders make the real money
      many ways lead to rome, i prefer the save route, especially with rocket man doing his thing.

as long we all make green pips, thats what counts in the end.
      Last edited by reinerh; 09-27-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reinerh View Post

very impressive for manual trading, my hats of to you.

hope you dont blow, get at least deposit money out so you go on with house money.
        I agree. I've already withdrawn almost all of my deposit money. Will withdraw the remaning and some of the profits. Then continue trading with the balance.

Anyway update after today attached.

Got caught up with greed and overtrading yesterday. But managed to get myself out of trouble.
        It was obvious that my method so far is not sustainable. I got lucky for the most part.

Will be tweaking with the way I trade to minimise the risk. Planning to use SL with a fixed % risk per trade.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Attached is the early update after some early morning scalps before going to work.

Right now my plan is to enter trades with smaller initial position as probes. Before putting a bigger one once I can identify the direction. Will try to ensure I put a SL no matter what. Something which I need to work on.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I agree. I've already withdrawn almost all of my deposit money. Will withdraw the remaning and some of the profits. Then continue trading with the balance.

Anyway update after today attached.

Got caught up with greed and overtrading yesterday. But managed to get myself out of trouble.
            It was obvious that my method so far is not sustainable. I got lucky for the most part.

Will be tweaking with the way I trade to minimise the risk. Planning to use SL with a fixed % risk per trade.
            greed kills, i know that very well. but none or less i have one running hot and heavy currently myself, target 1000%
            it might blow, i dont care, its a personal challenge to me.

i have a rough idea how you trade, and glad to hear you already secured some of your gains.
            scalping can work very very well for certain periods = patterns, limited time then kaboom it changes from one day to next.
            so as long you dont give it all back, put on the brakes in due time, you shall succeed. its a mindgame for one and statistical challenge odds etc.

me personal i like to trade news releases going by purely pa, thats just an adrenaline rush like no other.

so keep at it

Comment

Woahh!!!! Really nice indeed. Seems like your positions recently are held for longer than those trades you made in June. I can only dream to be in your position. Impressive that you're able to keep closing those scalps consistently all the way from May.

I am hoping I can last for at least 1 month.

I know that feeling! Back when I started out FX, I used to trade during data releases. The rush I got is similar to competiting in a sport/game.

But data release trading is not for me anymore. hehe

Daily gains/losses so far:

*Rounded up to nearest dollar
              14-Sep $37
              15-Sep $550
              18-Sep $112
              19-Sep $88
              20-Sep $301
              21-Sep $499
              22-Sep $926
              25-Sep $852
              26-Sep $2,312
              27-Sep $2,447
              28-Sep $777

Comment

mine are not scalps, even so they might look as such on impulse. institutional flow especially is a pip monster, also no scalp strategy. my manual news trades i have not published yet, and those are small pip losses followed by larger pip gains, still need much more history on that one. i learned to trade news from thales which is no longer available as a signal.

lasting a month, you are already on house money, nothing to loose/worry anymore.............

yours is a strictly gambling approach due to very high lot sizing, nothing wrong with that. just stick to your numbers in terms of max tolerable losses to recover from. with a fixed mechanical system like mine i see 30% dd as my max number at which i stop, and take a very hard look.

i do spend a boatload of time running bt forward and backward, all stuff you dont need all that much doing manual, be happy

in the good old mdp days i made well over 20k a week for quite some time, at the end i gave some back and thats how i arrived at the 30% for a mechanical strategy.
                mdp was killed by the banks algos as it so often is when a strategy is too profitable. i also fear this might happen to impulse at some point.

scalping i am simply too old to stare at screen all the time anymore. newstrading is easy, look at calender, get ready, its all over in an hour or so typically.
                Last edited by reinerh; 09-29-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

You are right. But I am hoping to try be more methodical in my approach going forward. So as to be sustainable.

I'm interested in learning to backtest stuff. Any recommendations on the softwares I should look into for that.

Sounds like you've found a method to make consistent gains over a period as long as you stick with your mechanical strategy.

Comment

You are right. But I am hoping to try be more methodical in my approach going forward. So as to be sustainable.

I'm interested in learning to backtest stuff. Any recommendations on the softwares I should look into for that.

Sounds like you've found a method to make consistent gains over a period as long as you stick with your mechanical strategy.
                    Everything you need to make your Metatrader 4 backtests accurate, get 99% modeling quality and to immediately spot which expert advisor is worth your time.

this is what i use, its the cats meow works like a charm and is reasonable.

Comment

Cheers, thanks for sharing! downloaded it already. will start to play around with it. downloading the historical data now. I'm done for the day.

Today's gains: +$1897.11 (+141.00 pips)

Gonna leave remaining EURAUD shorts open. Goodnight guys!
                      Last edited by leverage; 09-28-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Cheers, thanks for sharing! downloaded it already. will start to play around with it. downloading the historical data now. I'm done for the day.

Today's gains: +$1897.11 (+141.00 pips)

Gonna leave remaining EURAUD shorts open. Goodnight guys!
                        darn good, green 141 pips..............................you been busy boy today for sure to pull that of.

eu gu sure had some decent moves today at least.........................

so keep at it, steak is on you

Comment

Busy indeed. Had a day off yesterday. Thanks for your encouragements. It helps alot to keep me in check.
                          Back to work today. Only managed to scalp only a few positions.

Managed to break the $10k barrier.
                          +$279.50 (+31.70 pips)

$10344.60 total profit to date.

Comment

Busy indeed. Had a day off yesterday. Thanks for your encouragements. It helps alot to keep me in check.
                            Back to work today. Only managed to scalp only a few positions.

Managed to break the $10k barrier.
                            +$279.50 (+31.70 pips)

$10344.60 total profit to date.

did you miss the cad news ? more pips to be had, ecad was the pair to trade.

but hey as long we both made green, thats what counts

i only do news manually based on pa. have never mastered scalping like you and will stick to what works for me.

Comment

Yeah I haven't reached home today. Only managed to squeeze some scalps on my mobile phone.
                              News trading gives me too much adrenaline. Need to learn it from someone like you who don't get affected by emotions.

I would definitely watch a ForexTV livestreamof someone scalping FX if there's one. But I never across any. Only came across those streaming stocks trading.

Latest update:
                              +$421.29 (+46.90 pips)

Have a good weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X