X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ctrader or MT4??

Interested in everyone's thoughts.

Out of the box, MT5!!

But for your concern, I prefer MT4 as it's well known trading platform and many experts are there. Though UI seems good in cTrader but it's not matured yet.

Some cons for cTrader over MT4 here:
    - Stop loss which is not placed easily as MT4.
    - Under-developed community in cTrader over developed community MT4.
    - Heard of slippages in cTrader
    - cTrader is not looking good in mobile app.

Comment

cTrader 5x times better than MT4.

1.) UI is better, dark theme, tick charts, different workspaces, and marketdepth ( orderbook).
      2.) Algo development is easier ( c# vs MQL)
      3.) No Virtual Dealer Plugin ( real ECN liquidity), No bucketshop scammy brokers.
      4.) Faster multi core backtesting with consistent tick data.
      5.) cTrader ID, login once and control all of your accounts at all cTrader brokerages.

Additional benefits:
      cmirror.com ( commission fee based trade copy)
      FIX API for algo development and blackbox trading.

Comment

Originally posted by kPips View Post
        Out of the box, MT5!!

But for your concern, I prefer MT4 as it's well known trading platform and many experts are there. Though UI seems good in cTrader but it's not matured yet.

Some cons for cTrader over MT4 here:
        - Stop loss which is not placed easily as MT4.
        - Under-developed community in cTrader over developed community MT4.
        - Heard of slippages in cTrader
        - cTrader is not looking good in mobile app.
        I have had slippage in mt4 too(though only on Bitcoin trading).

Comment

Ctrader seems to be the future, however I use JAFX as my broker and don't really want to change....but they operate on mt4.

Comment

Market orders that experience slippage in the FX market are a joke when you can see the market depth in cTrader platform that far exceed your position size.

1.) Did the market move so fast that the market maker already pulled their liquidity from the books
            2.) Did another trader absorb that available liquidity before you

Two questions that I always ask myself when trading Forex. Since we don't have time and sales data, you might as well accept the slippage factor and incorporate into your risk/reward ratios.

If you don't experience slippage, your broker probably doesn't have real liquidity anyways(red flag). If you experience slippage on every order, your broker is probably scamming you with the Virtual Dealer plugin or your latency to the server is inadequate.

I'm using MT5 platform for Crypto Markets. I have the time and sales data, Full orderbook, and the ability to use Limit orders where I experience zero slippage. +1 for Crypto trading.

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
              I'm using MT5 platform for Crypto Markets. I have the time and sales data, Full orderbook, and the ability to use Limit orders where I experience zero slippage. +1 for Crypto trading.
              On which crypto exchanges do you work? Our Quantower platform has connections to Poloniex and Binance at the moment.
              Trade on Binance exchange using the great professional features of Quantower trading terminal

Comment

Originally posted by Quantower View Post
                On which crypto exchanges do you work? Our Quantower platform has connections to Poloniex and Binance at the moment.
                Binance is my favourite exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by Quantower View Post

Comment

ctrader implements dealing desk for market maker brokers.
                    Open up the New Order window and if you see the word "INSTANT" in the bottom left you are using a brokerage that is trading against you.

Comment

Yesterday cTrader officially added Quantower platform to their website in the Integration section - cTrader connect API https://spotware.com/integrations/

Attached Files
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Last edited by Quantower; 08-03-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

interestingly I asked on another forum and most people said mt4 was better

Comment

Originally posted by ForexandCrypto View Post
                          interestingly I asked on another forum and most people said mt4 was better
                          Metaquotes doesn't offer MT4 any longer to new brokerages as their attempts to phase that platform out of existence. I wonder why these other people are claiming mt4 is better. What forum?

Comment

Metaquotes (MT4/MT5) is soley designed for Brokers.
                            i'm a trader, so its cTrader for me.

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post

Metaquotes doesn't offer MT4 any longer to new brokerages as their attempts to phase that platform out of existence. I wonder why these other people are claiming mt4 is better. What forum?
                              Was on babypips.

Comment

Working...
                              X