Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForexandCrypto View Post

Was on babypips.
    Oh ok, that does make sense because Baby pips as a very old community where MT4 was the only FREE retail platform offered by most FX brokerages. Time changes, some people don't.

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post

Oh ok, that does make sense because Baby pips as a very old community where MT4 was the only FREE retail platform offered by most FX brokerages. Time changes, some people don't.
      interesting. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by nullx8 View Post
        Metaquotes (MT4/MT5) is soley designed for Brokers.
        i'm a trader, so its cTrader for me.
        Spotware's slogan was "Traders First".

Comment

for someone who started trading with MT4 and been trading with it since then, it is very hard to replace it with cTrader. I am talking based on my own experience

Comment

Originally posted by fxpaladin View Post
            for someone who started trading with MT4 and been trading with it since then, it is very hard to replace it with cTrader. I am talking based on my own experience
            I started out on FX Trading station from FXCM , a very nice manual trading platform. I've also used mt4 for since 2009. When cTrader came out, I fell in love with it and its hard to use anything else. I've had to build trade copiers to get my ctrader signals into other platforms since not all brokers offer it (only the best do).

For the past 3-4 months I've been using MT5 which looks and feels identical to MT4 with some added benefits ( Time and sales data, Market Depth, and faster multi core backtesting).

Any platform works for manual trading, but when you are developing strategies MT4 is the worst product out there.

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post

I started out on FX Trading station from FXCM , a very nice manual trading platform. I've also used mt4 for since 2009. When cTrader came out, I fell in love with it and its hard to use anything else. I've had to build trade copiers to get my ctrader signals into other platforms since not all brokers offer it (only the best do).

For the past 3-4 months I've been using MT5 which looks and feels identical to MT4 with some added benefits ( Time and sales data, Market Depth, and faster multi core backtesting).

Any platform works for manual trading, but when you are developing strategies MT4 is the worst product out there.
              Can you use mt5 with the same brokers as mt4? I want to stay with JAFX.

Comment

Quantower trading platform has a connection to cTrader Brokers via Spotware connect API.
                Watch our video and get to know how to connect to your trading account through Quantower platform

As well we've prepared connection manuals https://help.quantower.com/connectio...ion-to-ctrader

Last edited by Quantower; 08-21-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

For me, it has always been the METATRADER 4 platform.
                  Despite the seeming abundance of trading terminals, the MetaTrader 4 platform is still the most popular. As statistics shows, it is preferred by more than 90% of traders in Forex. It is easy to use especially for non-professional traders.
                  There is another reason why MT4 is so popular. These are the instruments that almost every trader uses - technical indicators, trading robots, scripts. For many years of distribution of the terminal and its software products, a great number has accumulated to the most demanding taste. It is enough to look at our forum to see it. Unfortunately, other terminals, including the MT5, unfortunately, are not able to work with them (but it would be great!). This is not always the case, because MT4 is in favorites.
                  The fact is that MT5 is not suitable for the development of automated trading systems, for a number of reasons. That's why there are not so many options - either to use MT4, which, however, more suitable for this purpose than its older brother, or to write your own platform for testing and optimization. Of course, there are indicators for MT5 as well, but we are not talking about any comparability of scales.

Comment

I'm not into stock trading; I mostly trade in Forex, and the MT4 is best suitable for me because of its simple trading software tools with technical and fundamental Analysis Tools of All Levels.

Comment

The answers to this question are going to be extremely subjective and it is the matter of preferences.
                      Nowadays, I really think that the vast majority of traders prefer mt4, but not because of the fact that it is the best trading platform ever. Mt4 has become a real standard in the world of trading and there are so many tutorials which use this platform. So, the popularity of mt4 is associated with the fact that it used to be the best trading platform many years ago. There are many traders who learnt how to trade using this concrete platform and now they are unwilling to change their habits and in this case, there is no need for this.
                      I believe that the newcomers should also try trading using Ctrader along with mt line up. I do really think that ctrader design is more contemporary and its functionality is outstanding. In addition to that, those who are interested in algotrading should really consider ctrader for making trading bots and Ctrader requires C# programming language which is much better and popular than mql.

Comment

I prefer the MT4 because I mainly scalp, and the MT4 is best suited for it. And using the right broker like FP markets is an advantage for me because it offers lower spreads and commission costs.

Comment

MT4 just looks better

Comment

I`m more than fine with MT4.

Comment

I prefer the MT4 since I trade currencies, and the MT4 is a much simpler tool compared to other platforms. It is user-friendly and it gives real-time access to market prices and liquidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X