Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing MT4 Platform to USB Drive

Hi,

Is it possible to install the FXPIG DMA MT4 to a USB to take with me to view my account on another computer that the platform is not installed on? We are not allowed to install programs on our computers at work.

If so, could you please give me intructions on how to do it. I've tried installing it to my USB stick, but I am getting the message "invalid path"

Thanks

This should be of use, old versions where easy, but this guide will aid you if you still want to achieve it,

never thought of running it of a usb, could be handy so im going to try this guide myself at the weekend

//Ben

Comment

Thanks for this
      Originally posted by dupapa View Post
      This should be of use, old versions where easy, but this guide will aid you if you still want to achieve it,

never thought of running it of a usb, could be handy so im going to try this guide myself at the weekend

//Ben

Comment

Don't forget remote access too. Logmein, Teamviewer etc. work well and have a wake on LAN feature.

Sent via Telepathy

Comment

+1 for Teamvier and ease of use

Comment

All I want to do is look at my MT4 a couple times a day to check how things are going. Are these programs good for that?

Originally posted by SteveOSling View Post
            Don't forget remote access too. Logmein, Teamviewer etc. work well and have a wake on LAN feature.

Sent via Telepathy

Comment

Originally posted by kmf View Post
              All I want to do is look at my MT4 a couple times a day to check how things are going. Are these programs good for that?
              They are perfect for that. You simply Log onto your remote PC from your work PC or phone etc. You can then use your remote PC as if you were sitting in front of it. Really useful

Comment

Originally posted by SteveOSling View Post
                They are perfect for that. You simply Log onto your remote PC from your work PC or phone etc. You can then use your remote PC as if you were sitting in front of it. Really useful
                Do I have to install these programs on the computer I'm using at work? If so, that is the problem. We're not allowed to install any programs.

Comment

Originally posted by kmf View Post
                  Do I have to install these programs on the computer I'm using at work? If so, that is the problem. We're not allowed to install any programs.
                  You can access through a web browser or you can install a program to gain access to remote - your choice. You will need to install a small exe. file on the remote PC.

Take a look:
                  Remote desktop access solutions by TeamViewer: connect to remote computers, provide remote support & collaborate online ➤ Free for personal use!

Enjoy the freedom to work remotely with reliable remote access and secure remote software tools from LogMeIn.

Edit, if you are only checking a couple of times a day then the MT4 android or iphone app is surely just dandy.
                  Last edited by SteveOSling; 08-05-2015, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I almost use 3 versions of Mt4 trading platform and those are desktop, tab and mobile phone. Basically, mt4 trading platform is my favorite trading platform because of its simplicity! I made my personal trading strategy in my demo and right now I handle my live trading account by using that same strategy! And obviously, I want to use mt4 forever!

Comment

Working...
                    X