Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're incubating 'Revolution' - formerly a Credit Suisse Quant!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wondering if anyone is actually interested in investing with this manager. All they have is a big account. Everyting else looks terrible...

Comment

Originally posted by Xinvestor View Post
      I am wondering if anyone is actually interested in investing with this manager. All they have is a big account. Everyting else looks terrible...
      Not me, 2,59% (at this moment) in a year is not really worth it. Also, a system with an equity line that is below the balance line 99% of the time, isn't that appealing.
      For me, thats just another averaging strategy,

Comment

My rule is that the max allowed DD should never exceed the factor of 4 compared to average monthly profits.

In other words if average monthly profit is 1%, max DD should never go beyond 4%. If DD hits 4% trading should be suspended for a while and investors decide if they want to keep going or pull out.

I dont want to be recovering my loss for 2 years when the DD happens.

Comment

Every signal provider / fund manager must choose their own strategy and execution of that strategy and risk management, but I'm afraid I have to agree with you on that one.
          There are many other systems/strategies for lower cost that capture same or higher returns.
          Shop around.
          “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

Outside the Box - Myfxbook
          Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying
          Outside the Box - MQL5 Trade Copying
          Outside the Box - ZuluTrade (performance fees & trade copying)

Comment

My rule is that the max allowed DD should never exceed the factor of 4 compared to average monthly profits.

In other words if average monthly profit is 1%, max DD should never go beyond 4%. If DD hits 4% trading should be suspended for a while and investors decide if they want to keep going or pull out.

I dont want to be recovering my loss for 2 years when the DD happens.
            I understand what you are saying, but here's something to think about....
            Not sure if this system fits this description, but there are quite a few strategies listed on Simpletrader signals that actually have higher risk than what their equity lines / balance lines display or portray.
            Gotta see Risk/Reward after one year of trading.
            Monthly returns on average - yes.
            Max Drawdown -- AND -- how many DD's occurred during one year.
            Average Recovery Time

We want consistency & returns and lowest possible risk.
            There is one popular system on ST with 30% returns over approx 2 years of trading. With 16% max DD.
            Compare that to 226% return over 1 year approx -- AND -- 26% max drawdown.

Which would you choose? What other factors would be important to you?
            More trades / history?
            How do you know the quality of the strategy?
            % of trades profitable?
            All good questions to ask yourself before AND while investing in Forex for yourself or with a Signal or Fund Manager.
            I like to compound my profits more quickly so I can join the financially independent.
            “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

Outside the Box - Myfxbook
            Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying
            Outside the Box - MQL5 Trade Copying
            Outside the Box - ZuluTrade (performance fees & trade copying)

Comment

That is my first rule but not the only one. Besides, max allowed DD is not the same as the DD showed in the account. If the strategy you are talking about had the max DD of 26% then it means that max allowed DD is most likely 30% or more. Thats why I always talk to the trader and find out these things.

I have about 8 other rules which help weed out the systems which have a high probability of busting in the future even if shown results are good. I would never invest in an averaging strategy, martingale, grid or scalping.

Trading rules have to be firmly set so that I know exactly when the trader is changing the strategy. If the strategy is all over the place, one has no way of knowing if its a part of the strategy or if the trader is just improvising.

Those are some of the things I look at before investing and so far it worked good for me. I never blew an account, max DD I had was 30% and that was when I was starting out and didnt have those rules in place yet.

There are many other factors that go into evaluating the strategy for me and thats why its so hard to find them.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your comments.

As a quantitative methodology with a fundamental overlay, we are focused on managing risk. We bide our time, allowing price to form meaningfully and we only take action if all the criteria are met. We build exposures incrementally across the traded instruments and their timeframes. We have confidence in all the positions we take, but we certainly don't expect to be right all the time. We do however, expect to be more right than we are wrong over the long run.

Our mantra is to deliver an alternative investment with the same numerical risks1 as long run equities2 in an effort to deliver a slightly higher3 and uncorrelated long run return4. The expected outcome is a smoother line to an investment objective.

1. Long run equities have an annualized volatility of around 10%, depending on the index.
                2. S&P500, ASX200, FTSE100 etc.
                3. An alternative investment trading leveraged derivatives warrants some risk premium. We have applied a rate of 4%.
                4. The S&P500 has a compound annual return of around 10%

We remain committed to our thesis and look forward to calling some of you investors over time.

Andrew
                Last edited by GilliTheKid; 03-18-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

So much going on over on the SC thread, this one slipped under the radar. Ol' Gilli sure could 'talk the talk'.

Comment

Hah, I dont understand how Nick keeps calling himself an expert while choosing systems that I can tell are bad after a 2 min review. I guess he first gave up on this one but is still trying to hang to SC which is actually way worse. This whole thing is becoming a joke and I cant understand how some people still trust Nicks advice.

Comment

Hah, I dont understand how Nick keeps calling himself an expert while choosing systems that I can tell are bad after a 2 min review. I guess he first gave up on this one but is still trying to hang to SC which is actually way worse. This whole thing is becoming a joke and I cant understand how some people still trust Nicks advice.
                      I've never called myself an expert, I'm just a guy that's had a crack at providing something honest, transparent and profitable, which is more than can be said for most people in this industry.

All you have to do is read this forum to know that people no longer trust my advice.

Xinvestor, I don't understand why you're enjoying this so much... but that seems to be just the kinda guy you are.
                      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Nick

I've never called myself an expert, I'm just a guy that's had a crack at providing something honest, transparent and profitable, which is more than can be said for most people in this industry.

All you have to do is read this forum to know that people no longer trust my advice.

Xinvestor, I don't understand why you're enjoying this so much... but that seems to be just the kinda guy you are.
                        Hi Nick,

I can sense your frustration with the same old comments from xinvestor and Balboa and I would be frustrated too.

I am guessing they both have lost money through this website and are continuing to harp on about it over and over again. I think they have made there point.

I believe the point they are trying to make is that gridding is poor risk management and more than likely burnt from the likes of FX Amplified, Vijay, Dayfox, Goldstar and now it seems Jay may have has wiped alot of money from their accounts.

They don't seem to think that forexsignals is learning from their mistakes.

In saying that balboa and xinvestor have the option to select a trader to their risk profile liking.

I would love it if you can find a non grid strategy to compliment your preferred traders.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
                          I would love it if you can find a non grid strategy to compliment your preferred traders.
                          Hey Dazz,

As would I.

If there is a strategy out there that fits this mythical mold of offering high win rate, positive risk reward, regular activity, no gridding or averaging in, no holding through news or over the weekend that is also traded by a a rock solid emotionally stable individual with a track record of over 12 months, I can make that trader (and all of us) into multimillionaires within the next few years.

Believe me, I know what we'd like to see. But I challenge you (and everyone else that loves giving me advice) to produce a strategy that fits even a few of these criteria.

All these random alias's on the internet saying how they trade like a textbook and make bucket loads of money are full of shit. If it was possible I would have seen at least one strategy in all these years that worked over the long term.

It doesn't exist.

Comment

SFE Price Action (https://www.myfxbook.com/members/aut...action/1331484)

high win rate - 58%. Is that good enough?
                            positive risk reward - tick
                            regular activity - tick (18609 trades so far)
                            no gridding or averaging in - tick
                            no holding through news or over the weekend - maybe the only thing that doesn't fit your criteria, but it is still able to make profit in the long term going through news and weekend gaps.
                            traded by a a rock solid emotionally stable individual with a track record of over 12 months - the track record is now nearly 3 years, and an EA doesn't have emotions!
                            Last edited by ccjhuang; 05-02-2018, 05:33 AM.
                            SFE EAs + manual trades - Myfxbook
                            SFE EAs + manual trades - SimpleTrader Signal

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              If there is a strategy out there that fits this mythical mold of offering high win rate, positive risk reward, regular activity, no gridding or averaging in, no holding through news or over the weekend that is also traded by a a rock solid emotionally stable individual with a track record of over 12 months,
                              Okay, so that's the problem. Why do you want a strategy with a high win rate? Or what IS a high win rate to you?
                              Most professional traders will tell you that a win rate over 65% looks fishy. It is nearly impossible to achive with a strategy not involving, grid, martingale, ...

SFE has a win rate of ~60% and is profitable with already 12% profit this year.
                              TalosFX even has a win rate of under 50% and is profitable too, with 26% profit this year.
                              Momentum Capture has a winrate of about 60%, and made 10% this year.

And i'm sure there are more on simpletrader..

If you're allways looking for traders with a win rate of 80% or more, of course you'll only find gridding and averaging strategys...

"No holding through news or weekends".
                              Well that's only a matter of risk managment isn't it? what do i care about news or weekends if i'm trading on H1 and higher for example.
                              Last edited by Amadorian; 05-02-2018, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amadorian View Post

Okay, so that's the problem. Why do you want a strategy with a high win rate? Or what IS a high win rate to you?
                                Most professional traders will tell you that a win rate over 65% looks fishy. It is nearly impossible to achive with a strategy not involving, grid, martingale, ...

SFE has a win rate of ~60% and is profitable with already 12% profit this year.
                                TalosFX even has a win rate of under 50% and is profitable too, with 26% profit this year.
                                Momentum Capture has a winrate of about 60%, and made 10% this year.

And i'm sure there are more on simpletrader..

If you're allways looking for traders with a win rate of 80% or more, of course you'll only find gridding and averaging strategys...

"No holding through news or weekends".
                                Well that's only a matter of risk managment isn't it? what do i care about news or weekends if i'm trading on H1 and higher for example.
                                Personally I just want a strategy that makes money over the long term. The win rate means nothing to me, HOWEVER I'm not your usual retail client. We've offered strategies in the past that trade infrequently with lower win rates and nobody gets involved.

Clients say they don't care about activity and winning percentages, but as soon as money is on the table the vast majority seek the regular dopamine rush that comes from closing trades in profit.

Comment

Working...
                                X