Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacos Forex Story

Hey folks,

I started with Forex in September, and you can expect to see some more posts from me in the future.

About me:
    I'm a 26 year old Canadian living in Asia. I own a digital marketing company and I play poker competitively. So far there are a ton of parallels from poker success to forex success so that has made the learning curve easier. I've always had a steady stream of income and I've made the mistake of letting my money sit liquid for too long. I'll be using forex as a another stream of revenue. You can find more on my personal story at Boostly.xyz.

So far:
    I've been doing a lot of experimenting to find what style suits me. Thus far, I prefer trading gold, silver and the sp500. My aim is 3-5% per month and thus far luck has been on my side.

September - +4.9% (all from Goldstar)
    October - +17.03% (first month of manual trading in combination with Goldstar)

What's to come?:
    I see a lot of opportunities in the forex industry so I will be developing more forex content. I'll go over things like my own strategies, what signals I use, mistakes I've made, and things I learn along the way. The content will be mostly tailored to forex beginners and newcomers as I don't have much to offer the experts.
    What do I do? If you ask my grandparents they would describe something between unicorns and magic, unsure if my corporation is real or just some elaborate ponzi scheme. Many people always ask me this and when I explain to them that I work online they always give me a strange look. It seems that …
    Last edited by tacos; 11-02-2016, 08:10 AM.

Good luck Tacos! Look forward to reading your journey. I did a thread something similar last year but them went on holiday and fell behind and it all got too hard!!!
    Just get prepared for an inevitable loss as if you're a newbie it'll be hard to sustain those gains without some form of drawdown so just try to be emotionally ready and don't load up your account with heaos of savings until you have suffered that loss and know how it affects you mentally.
    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
      Good luck Tacos! Look forward to reading your journey. I did a thread something similar last year but them went on holiday and fell behind and it all got too hard!!!
      Just get prepared for an inevitable loss as if you're a newbie it'll be hard to sustain those gains without some form of drawdown so just try to be emotionally ready and don't load up your account with heaos of savings until you have suffered that loss and know how it affects you mentally.
      Good luck!
      Yeah, I definitely expect the inevitable draw down and loss. I'm using an amount I can afford to lose. Not about making X amount of dollars, but more so detailing what I learn and mistakes I make along the way.

Comment

Hey Tacos,

Thanks for sharing your journey. I just ready your page: http://boostly.xyz/how-to-make-six-figures-online/

I've been on a similar journey and a few things you've pointed out really rang home. The point about customer service, doing stuff yourself and the time required to get up and running couldn't be more accurate.

Well done on your success so far and I look forward to reading the next installment "How I made 7 figures trading the forex market"

Audio Interview with Jay from SteadyCapture Now Available
        Click Here To Listen

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Hey Tacos,

Thanks for sharing your journey. I just ready your page: http://boostly.xyz/how-to-make-six-figures-online/

I've been on a similar journey and a few things you've pointed out really rang home. The point about customer service, doing stuff yourself and the time required to get up and running couldn't be more accurate.

Well done on your success so far and I look forward to reading the next installment "How I made 7 figures trading the forex market"

That's the plan.

This week was quite tough.

I got caught in an unfavorable position and put into 19% DD. My strategy accounts for these situations and I adjusted my exit plan accordingly. However, as the situation was newer to me I made some rookie mistakes. I adjusted my TP's for the exit plan accordingly and when they got close and met resistance I panic sold too early. Both times I did this, I would have made my exit TP.

Just like in poker when a string of things aren't going our way, it's easy to get tilted and assume the worst. In the future I'll put more trust in my analysis and let things flow more naturally.

I would have gotten out with a decent profit had I not meddled, however I am also happy to report that I am still in the positive. Granted only 0.34% for the month thus far, but all the at risk positions are closed.

Over the weekend I'll be holding onto my GJ shorts and opening a few small election related trades. (Gold Buy, SP500 Short). Not looking to gamble so everything is relatively small, but we can expect anything in regards to the races closeness to push these positions in the right direction.

Comment

The positions paid off very well, I panic sold in a medium profit way too early when the market pushed back hard. Could have doubled my own account if I stuck with my initial TP's. Again, due to my lack of experience in troublesome situations I find myself taking the safer option.

Hopefully in the future, I'll be able to stick with my initial read and ride it to a further profit.

Hope everyone had a happy day trading.

Update: Originally up about 10k for the day, however I then decided to donate it back on the us500 upswing.
            Last edited by tacos; 11-10-2016, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I've been out of town for some poker tournaments. I recently added the Safe Haven signal to my account and so far so good. Solid trading and it RR seems very good. Will post more updates when I have time.

Comment

Good read, Tacos.

Sam with his Atlas is doing a great job. Titan kinda lagging but running them both. Guess Safe Haven is a good pick.
                Risk diversification is the key.

Comment

Working...
                X