• Trading Room
  • Managed Accounts
  • Trusted Brokers
  • Blog
  • Forex Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FX Viper Trade Discussion (Archived Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And nobody is concerned about the negative swaps anymore ? :-D. Lets see how p....y everyone will be if price will drop another 200 pips .I hope it wont happen but hope has nothing to do in forex:-D

Comment

• Originally posted by plasma View Post
      And nobody is concerned about the negative swaps anymore ? :-D. Lets see how p....y everyone will be if price will drop another 200 pips .I hope it wont happen but hope has nothing to do in forex:-D
      http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/fundame...uro-short.html

DOH!

Comment

• I didn't realise that Viper didn't have a DD limit anymore, I realise he busted it but I thought it was still his guide. I'm wondering how low it will have to go before a hedge.

Comment

• However hedge will be a problem, ST copier work on your equity not balance, so the hedge will result on lower size.
          Originally posted by ColdHypno View Post
          I didn't realise that Viper didn't have a DD limit anymore, I realise he busted it but I thought it was still his guide. I'm wondering how low it will have to go before a hedge.

Comment

• You can set it to account balance in the control panel.

Comment

• I think the only way is to set higher risk
              You can set it to account balance in the control panel.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdHypno View Post
                You can set it to account balance in the control panel.
                I believe this messes up the partial trade closures? thats why it is based on the other option rather? Can anyone comment? WHat if Viper hedges how will this take place - it will defintely be a lower lot size trade position...

Comment

• Screenshot of the option
                  2014-06-28-16-48-45.jpg

Comment

• Thank you ColdHypno. However I'm reading around fundamentals which agree with last Viper's post, Hopefully next week we could see some retracement.
                    Screenshot of the option
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]623[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Yes mate, fingers crossed the week starts off with bad CAD GDP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Waleed121 View Post
                        I believe this messes up the partial trade closures? thats why it is based on the other option rather? Can anyone comment? WHat if Viper hedges how will this take place - it will defintely be a lower lot size trade position...
                        I have used account balance option almost from the start and no issues with the partial closures. Really its up to each individual which option to use. If you use Equity then your lot sizes would decrease during DD. Using balance the lots would keep increasing, assuming Viper keeps closing other profitable trades

Comment

• Just to let everyone know I will hedge if the CAD keeps dropping I am not going to sit idle and just watch it drop. Although I believe the CAD drop is so over extended as a lot of longs got stopped out. Usually at that time when everyone is freaking out the CAD reverses. I have seen it time after time for many years. I won't add any trades at this time as I need to keep our risk at same not higher. The market right now is so tilted to the downslide its a perfect time for a reversal. Everyone have a nice weekend I won't leave us hanging as I personally have too much to loose on my own accounts!!

Cheers

Viper

Comment

• Thanks Viper. this is very reassuring

Comment

• Really happy to hear this! That's why I posted weeks ago that I believed the USD was in jeopardy of losing it's value due to numerous signs and conditions. I was wanting a hedge 200 pips ago and wondering why it was not happening.
                              It was also easy to tell that the EU was going up last week, just from watching the price action at the trade entry and it's association with previous levels of support at that point. EU trade went 4 pips or so into profit and was sitting at the 200sma on 30 min chart or the 100sma on the 1hr chart and wouldn't go past it, then when it when up and came back to retouch the entry level exactly, it is usually my belief that what will not go down in present market conditions, has to go up. I was in a meeting watching on my phone wondering why it wasn't at least being closed at breakeven or at best the position reversed. Since price action has now risen to the next level which is also at the top of the up channel, we can all hope that it reverses back down from here, but sure that it will find it testing to get past the lower rising channel which is now around 1.3617 and a previous minor level that is defined by past price action. This also coincides with where the 30m 200sma currently is.
                              Just let me know if anyone else is seeing this or not.
                              This chart is EU 30min with sma at 200 in blue, 100 in Aqua, 50 in orange, a equidistant channel in blue
                              EUJune29.jpg

Originally posted by FX Viper View Post
                              Just to let everyone know I will hedge if the CAD keeps dropping I am not going to sit idle and just watch it drop. Although I believe the CAD drop is so over extended as a lot of longs got stopped out. Usually at that time when everyone is freaking out the CAD reverses. I have seen it time after time for many years. I won't add any trades at this time as I need to keep our risk at same not higher. The market right now is so tilted to the downslide its a perfect time for a reversal. Everyone have a nice weekend I won't leave us hanging as I personally have too much to loose on my own accounts!!

Cheers

Viper
                              Last edited by DonL; 06-29-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• We need a rise on USD/CAD. Nick isn't doing so well...

GBP/USD up or down position plz

Comment

Working...
                                X