How to get around FIFO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get around FIFO

Does anyone had any suggestion how to get around FIFO rules for US clients? ATC suggested closing out trades manually within the MT4. Any other suggestions?

why not other broker such as IC Markets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chyi,
      Icm don't allow us residents

Apimpis,
      Are you talking about when following a non fifo signal?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Comment

As a US client myself, ATC (who is an IB for FXCM) is your best bet. I also have accounts with FXDD with an IB with very generous rebates. All US brokers are required to follow FIFO. You are free to close more recent positions of the same currency pairs as well as hedge positions, so FXViper works just fine without the single trade option checked. This is from ATC's faq....

Do you have the FIFO rule?
        In order to abide by the CFTC FIFO rule, the counter party offsets the positions on a First In First Out basis. On the MetaTrader 4 platform you have the ability to close the positions as you see fit. For example, if you buy a contract and buy another contract at a later time and you decide to close your most recent buy position, you can simply close this position on the MT4 interface, however, the order that is sent to the counter party will be offset with the FIFO rule in place. Your net position remains the same on the MT4 and the back office. For the Trading Station II platform, FIFO is applied only to US accounts.

Comment

I'm in the US and am currently using ibfx.com US for my ReBORN signal. Axitraderusa.com has tight spreads in US better than ATC and no FIFO in both axi and ibfx.
          Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.
          www.ForexReBORN.com

Comment

yes thats correct. For example when viper opesn a trade in the same pair and closes it while the other is still running. Just like today w USD/CAD

Comment

Originally posted by forexreborn View Post
              I'm in the US and am currently using ibfx.com US for my ReBORN signal. Axitraderusa.com has tight spreads in US better than ATC and no FIFO in both axi and ibfx.
              Reborn, how do both brokers get around FIFO? which would would you recommend best for trade copiers?

Comment

Originally posted by apimpis View Post
                Reborn, how do both brokers get around FIFO? which would would you recommend best for trade copiers?
                "FIFO-enforcement via back office". Axitraderusa is best for scalping and trade copier.
                Last edited by Asad (Reborn); 05-02-2014, 10:11 AM.
                Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.
                www.ForexReBORN.com

Comment

thanks forexreborn. i'll have to check out demos of axi and ibfx.

Comment

It appears that axitraderusa.com is a no go as they were an IB for ILQ in the US and ILQ recently pulled out of the US market. I also had accounts with ILQ up until a few months ago, but closed them when they stopped allowing netting positions.

Comment

Working...
                    X