• Managed Accounts
  • Trusted Brokers
  • Blog
  • Forex Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GoldStar - Automated Grid Signal (archived)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoldStar - Automated Grid Signal (archived)

Hey guys,

I've been working with an experienced trader/developer by the name of Hans Bowes for several months in the hopes of bringing his strategy on board as a signal.

I'm pleased to confirm that we now offering GoldStar on the SimpleTrader network, you can follow it through this link: http://www.connectforex.com/signal/2622/Gold-Star.html

I'm handling all the administration, billing and most of the client interaction leaving him to do the trading.

The strategy is 99% automated with Hans on hand to guide the basket if it's needed.

You can view a copy of his Myfxbook here: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/hans...-small/1415045

Hans - Welcome to the exciting world of forex signals!
    Would you like free lifetime access to our forex trading room?

Open an account at Blueberry Markets and save the $97/monthly fee.

Click here to find out more.

Any word on what is the expected floating DD, and/or any 'hard exit' if basket reaches a certain DD?

Comment

EDIT: There is a MAX limit of $50,000 USD per NEW subscriber! Any amount above this will not work and thus only possible at my mam, for more info see www.hansbowles.com

Hello guys,

I'm Hans and will be offering GoldStar for everyone.
      It's almost similar to a grid trading style system/strategy, but without the cons of any regular grid system.
      Those cons are ie. huge drawdowns, weeks or even months of being open, and not trading based on difference
      in pips amount between order #1 and order #2, etc.

I hope to see you around on the forum (preferable only as comment, instead of PM) or in the chatroom at
      www.forexsignals.com where I try to be as often as possible.

If you for whatever reason want to contact me directly, please start a chat on Skype with me (id = hansje.pansje)
      or send me an email directly at info@hansbowles.com

Questions regarding how to set things up can be done by asking the live support here, ie. Nick.
      Due the fact my system is trading gold (XAUUSD), it's very wise to go for a broker with LOW SPREAD,
      before you start PLEASE make sure it's below 35 pips on average, preferable 30 max.
      I suggest IC Markets with about 15-25 pips, Excel Markets with about 20-40 pips,
      ThinkForex with fixed spread of 20 or SynergyFX with 25-35 pips.

Glad to be on board, and see you here and on the forum!

Cheers,
      Hans

PS. Contact details and other information see here:

sig.png

-

Originally posted by sanriopurin View Post
      Any word on what is the expected floating DD, and/or any 'hard exit' if basket reaches a certain DD?
      The drawdown is 25% max, however this was caused by 1) downtime VPS 2) too high risk for it's balance of only $2,000.
      I recommended $5,000 USD as minimum deposit. This is more than safe.

See attached image for the DD information of GoldStar:

dd.png

Now... after having a good VPS and my balance being more high, it remains very low, not more than 5%.
      But even 25% is not much yet and there is no need for a hard exit, as it always recovered nicely in the past as I planned
      and it's still doing this now, and I know it will always recover nicely in the future as well.

However, due the risk bing extremely low, it does mean you have to understand there will be only small returns every month.
      I'm not one of the "guru's" promoting with 1000% a year or double your account within a month.
      I prefer safe low risk strategies which includes; never a negative month + consistent low growth.

-----------
      Regarding why I started with "only" 1k, read below:

Hey all skeptic people

... all this skeptic talk, but it's ok as being skeptic I guess because of the simple fact that 99,9+% are scammers and spammers...
      I just thought I went over this already at my own thread ( https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/s...ed-Grid-Signal )

So let's explain a few things for the ones who did not read through my entire thread somewhere else because I thought I clearly stated
      somewhere that I started with "only" $1,000 for the reason that I want to show the world that I can turn $1,000 to $1,000,000
      and eventually write/publish a book about my journey, etc. But after a while I got so much interest from both relatives, friends
      and total strangers on myfxbook that I decided to start sharing the signal through SimpleTrader (private only, Nick can confirm this)
      and afterwards MAM for the public and now the last 3-4 months as public signal people can subscribe to over here. So, why only $1,000?

Because this is a very realistic amount that most people start trading Forex with with all kinds of dreams hoping they can become "wealthy".
      One of the most discusses topics among traders besides from speculating topics about future price movements is what I think a
      "mysterious" one; a Holy Grail.

I want to give proof that such "holy grail" DOES exist, and actually I have this proof already from other traders who prefer to stay anonymous, and they
      are not aiming to sell/market their strategies. However, I want to show everyone I have one as well, actually multiple ones, and GoldStar is one of them.
      Although to be honest, is to have multiple ones in order to have a good mixed portfolio, in case 1 of them is performing slightly worse, so the other 4
      can make up for it. Kinda similar to what Nick is doing now. Get the best you have and have it perform as 1 is the best approach in having
      a very consistent growth.

Furthermore regarding the $1,000 starting amount, I figured it's a shame if I have to withdraw it and delete that account from MyFXbook
      because it's already trading live for quite a while. Only because of people who might think I'm too scared to use more of my own?
      Trust me I have a lot of private accounts with various systems of my own with a MUCH larger starting size.

Anyway, it's better to move this discussion to https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/s...ed-Grid-Signal
      as I feel a bit bad now having invaded Nick's thread lol. (Sorry Nick, didn't expect all the reactions as I only wanted to suggest GoldStar to you)

Cheers
      Hans
      Last edited by Hans Bowles; 03-31-2015, 09:20 AM. Reason: added additional information
      www.hansbowles.com holy grails DO exist

Comment

Thank you Hans for chipping in! This certainly intrigues me, as a way to diversify my investment.

Comment

Dear Hans,
          Is there a reason that in 2013 we had a monthly growth about 19% an in 2014 much lower ?
          Best Regards and great to have you on board !
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by alexgrote View Post
            Dear Hans,
            Is there a reason that in 2013 we had a monthly growth about 19% an in 2014 much lower ?
            Best Regards and great to have you on board !
            Alex
            Dear Alex,

Yes, actually for every $3,000, about 0.01 will be used.

This means that anything below that amount, it will be more risky and thus percentage-wise had bigger growth.
            However, this is not safe, unless you think 25% is totally fine, you can also start trading with an $1,000 account.
            After an account has reached $3,000, it will start doubling the lotsize every $3,000 extra balance; ie. An account
            with an Balance of between $6000 and $9000 will trade with lotsize 0.01.

Hope things are more clear now

Thanks for the welcome and wish you a great weekend!

Cheers,
            Hans

Comment

Hi Hans.

Are you planning to offer here your Euro Star system too?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Prasadast71 View Post
                Hi Hans.

Are you planning to offer here your Euro Star system too?

Thank you
                Hello Prasadast71,

I have no plans to offer that here but if it comes, the soonest will be at least in 1 more year... if.. and time will tell

Note: Please stay on-topic regarding the signal GoldStar I'm offering here and this thread is about.

Have a great weekend Prasadast71!

Cheers,
                Hans

Comment

TY Hans, you too!

Comment

Originally posted by HansB View Post
                    ... Yes, actually for every $3,000, about 0.01 will be used.
                    This means that anything below that amount, it will be more risky and thus percentage-wise had bigger growth.
                    Attached you see a chart of monthly gains of goldstar which takes the data of August 2014 as a base for calculation (3.71% gain, $4000 balance). All other months (back to Jul13) are adjusted accordingly. That means they are treated as Hans would have been trading a $4000 account with 0.01 lot size.
                    For this calculation the monthly average for 2013 is 7.32% and for 2014 (till August) 3.94%.
                    monthly.png
                    Last edited by ralf; 09-14-2014, 07:42 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

This is 100% correct Ralf, however it also means that it will gain more every
                      month soon as the Myfxbook link in start-post by Nick is from;

A) SynergyFX which had a lower spread before, then higher,
                      and now around 25-35 (correct me if I'm wrong)

B) The lotsize will be doubled after it has reached a balance of $4,400 USD
                      and thus ~3.94% will automatically jump to almost 8% a month,
                      and then slowly drops to 3% again until it has reached $6,600 for
                      trading with 0.03 lots.

Furthermore it's easy to improve the monthly gain (percentage-wise)
                      by switching brokers, but I don't want to move from SynergyFX
                      and close down the account because it's running for over a year already.

So please take in account the difference between brokers
                      and the moment/time-period of measured data.

Also I've attached a comparison in order to show you what I mean with different brokers:

difference.jpg

This is measured from Augustus 27th til today 15th September, so it's easier to compare
                      as well as the fact that I have set up that MAM account since that date as I
                      had many requests for this.

Actually with a broker such as Armada, even more gain can be achieved!
                      However I have no idea how reliable they are as a broker, so maybe later

Based on the period mentioned earlier I can give you
                      and everyone else the following gains for those 13 trading days:

Armada: should be the best
                      IC Markets: 4.41% Gain / 13 trading days (expectation for 1 month: 6.73% )
                      Excel Markets: 3.46% Gain / 13 trading days (expectation for 1 month: 5.26%)
                      ThinkForex: 3.22 % Gain / 13 trading days (expectation for 1 month: 4.91%)
                      SynergyFX: 2.87% Gain / 13 trading days (expectation for 1 month: 4.37%)

Ofcourse there are many other brokers out there, but these are based on results from some of my clients.

I hope you and/or everyone else now understands things more regarding broker's spreads for
                      XAUUSD (gold) + impact of how far away an account is from its next $2,200 in order to increase lotsize.

Cheers,
                      Hans
                      Last edited by Hans Bowles; 09-14-2014, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Hi Hans,

Do you manually intervene when things start going south ?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
                          Hi Hans,

Do you manually intervene when things start going south ?

Cheers
                          Hi SpiderX,

I don't and I won't, however...... I do have been watching for over a year, because you never know
                          when it's needed.

Cheers,
                          Hans

Comment

Originally posted by HansB View Post
                            ... Furthermore it's easy to improve the monthly gain (percentage-wise)
                            by switching brokers, but I don't want to move from SynergyFX
                            and close down the account because it's running for over a year already ...
                            The range of spread among the brokers has indeed significant impact and here is an example how this impact could look like.
                            Average profit of a single trade from Jan-2014 until now: 1.69 points
                            Change of total profit if the brokers spread changes by 10 ticks (0.10points): 6% (0.10 / 1.69 * 100)

Comment

Sadly XAUUSD is one of those pairs with high spreads... if it's just another major pair, the difference should be very very small

Comment

Working...
                              X