Gold Star Main Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SwissToni View Post

Big River Man you are dreaming if you think Hans can recover this loss in 3 months. Its more than 30% that we need now because our principal has been severely diminished.

As an example, if you lose 50% of your account, you need to make 100% just to get back to where you were.
    I lost 37% in February 2016 when Hans lost about 12%, and I got back in profit in April as I left lot sizes unchanged. I had 3x risk which is now 6x risk. I don't need to rush Hans to faster recovery as I said if it takes 1 year it will take 1 year if it takes 2 it will take 2 as long as we are in control and avoid loss it is fine by me. But as you can see it is possible to recover faster, just don't expect this time it will happen as I also think it will take longer.

Comment

• Example: Original capital 10,000 after 30% loss 7,000

profit rate. 3%------- 4%-----5%-----6%-----8%-----10%-----12%

month 1 = 7210---7280--- 7350.----7420---7560----7700------7840
      month 2 =7426----7571----7717----7865---8164----8470------8780
      month 3 = 7649---7874----8103----8337---8817----9317----- 9834
      month 4 = 7878----8189---8508-----8837--9523----10248----11014
      month 5 = 8114----8516--- 8933----9367--10285
      month 6= 8358---- 8857----9389---9929
      month 7 = 8609-----9211----9849---10525
      month 8 = 8867-----9579----10342
      month 9 = 9133-----9963
      month 10 = 9406---10361
      month 11 = 9689
      month 12 = 9980
      month 13 = 10279
      Last edited by House1; 01-09-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• if Hans can achieve around 2.5 % per month on the master account, it would take around 4 months to get back to the high water mark, on the 4 x MAM
        Last edited by House1; 01-09-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccjhuang View Post
          I believe the reduced lot size on the 4x MAM would be due to the withdrawals that took place over the weekend...for the 2x MAM it may just be a number rounding issue.
          no, it's correct reduction considering balance after withdrawals

Comment

• Question still not answered....any plan for signal subscribers? That was 5 months profit plus subscription fee....

Comment

• Originally posted by routilus View Post
              Question still not answered....any plan for signal subscribers? That was 5 months profit plus subscription fee....
              Although I have always tend to agree that as long as a trader stuck to what we deem "normal" no refund or extension of subscriptions are warranted. However, in this rare case I think there should be an extension of the subscription period for people who are subscribed to the signal but that's up to Nick and Hans.

Comment

• Come on guys. Hans is making 20% plus gains every 12 months so an "occasional" 8% loss should be totally acceptable. All strategies are going to experience losses. They are inevitable. At this point I really don't see what the fuss is about.

To the followers my message is stop being greedy. 3R and 4R and 6R is what some of you are risking. Thats' just madness. An expectable 8% loss became a 30%, 40% and even 50% loss for some. You can't blame Hans for that. You gotta blame yourself for being stupid.

Why can't you be happy with 30% ROI per annum and follow the guy at 1R. 30% is a great return guys.

Regardless of how good a strategy is and how low the DD is my advise would be stick to 1R. You will sleep well at night.
                Last edited by Balboa; 01-09-2017, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwissToni

Big River Man you are dreaming if you think Hans can recover this loss in 3 months. Its more than 30% that we need now because our principal has been severely diminished.

As an example, if you lose 50% of your account, you need to make 100% just to get back to where you were.
                  Because it's only 2.5% a month on the master. And that's been done before. Also lot sizing won't change down by the 8% loss.
                  Anyways it obviously sucks but just trying to be positive. If it takes him 4 months so be it. That will mean hopefully 8 profitable months to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by routilus View Post
                    Question still not answered....any plan for signal subscribers? That was 5 months profit plus subscription fee....
                    Jump on live chat and we'll see what we can do for you routilus.
                    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Yes, oportunis - excellent trading for the last few trades: maybe too "easy" for Hans but I believe he will stick to his plan and trading with caution.

Keep it up Hans and enjoy too!

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                      First recovery trade is sucessfull, many more to come

Comment

• We are all in the same boat and we all like safe trading. First priority should always be protection of capital invested and profits will come on their own. It is a new year and plenty of opportunities to come. I would say to all lower the expectations of fast recovery. It will take as long as it will take, some say 3-4 months but I would say take as much time as it needs as long as we are not too exposed and every trade is under control and preplaned for every reaction in advance, so no surprises will come.

Comment

• You are right but when i signed i see the lost of Feb. and the recover time that it took ( only two month) but now i see that the speach change.
                          Why not capital protection before the lost?
                          I don t know if you are sub or mamm account but if i pay for the service i like to see something.
                          I don t know if the market is not good for the strategy and i am not trying to speed up the recover, but goes from aggressive to afraid.
                          This is what i see and don t like. Glad that Hans took the loss, that shows a great trader but i see that the changes or the money involved change the speach of Feb.
                          I pay a lot for the service. ( 1k ) with negatve results just to see this.
                          I hope that i am wrong!!

Comment

• Hi,
                            I'm not very active on the forums these days, but I just want to say that I'm amazed at how Hans cut losses when he reached the proclaimed max DD level.
                            That's RARE from a retail trader.
                            I'm so happy and confident in him I've added funds and boosted up my risk level.
                            I was rather confident in him before, especially after the recovery he offered last time, but damn that was such a relief to see this.
                            Thanks a billion, Hans.

And happy new year everyone

Comment

• Yes. peeper: I agree - this is the main reason Hans is unique with a few in this game: twice and even if it was painful, I cut the trades/basket and moved on... We should encourage him in trading further as he knows/knew exact what were his mistakes and decided to move on. No regret for him...

He seems to have strong nerves and I am sure he will execute well as he did in the past.

Hans - keep it up!

Originally posted by peeper View Post
                              Hi,
                              I'm not very active on the forums these days, but I just want to say that I'm amazed at how Hans cut losses when he reached the proclaimed max DD level.
                              That's RARE from a retail trader.
                              I'm so happy and confident in him I've added funds and boosted up my risk level.
                              I was rather confident in him before, especially after the recovery he offered last time, but damn that was such a relief to see this.
                              Thanks a billion, Hans.

And happy new year everyone
                              Last edited by apothekede; 01-12-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• I've seen lots of retail traders dump their positions when the DD got too big. The good ones however don't get such big draw-downs.

Comment

Working...
                                X