Gold Star Main Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick

I know you're hurting Sherif, but you need to stop this.

If you want to express you're anger then email me directly.
    Agreed nick .. sorry if i am frustrated .. but damage has been really huge and unjustified..
    Will send u a mail
    I would appreciate closing the remaining trades on mamm as loss is agrevating .. to hell with slippage now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sherif; 01-05-2017, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Well I'm burned in this basket too but that doesn't mean it's the end. Hans stuck to his rule and has shown that he is more than just a phony trader. He is a level headed trader obeying his own rules and that is something worthwhile in its own right. I'm sticking with hans till the end and I'm sure it will pay off in the end.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

So many trades are placed at similar price, trades should be spread out.

7.5% is a reasonable DD, problem is 4 x Master is too high and we don't have a choice of 1 or 2 times the master account on IC Markets.

Comment

so many trades, such small spacing, we did EXACTLY this is Feb 11 months ago, too many too close,

this basket was a joke, my regret not just turning my account off, my bad for trusting a trader not to go balls deep into end of year! i thought i could actually set and forget with hans,

guess not,

yes he kept to his DD, and that is a Great thing, but wtf we even here, greed at christmas or what
          http://www.myfxbook.com/members/dupapa

Comment

It is the middle of the night here and I just woke up with a bad feeling about my account and yes .... I hope you never ever dare to criticize FX Viper again. I have never experienced this with him. 2 months with this signal and it only brought me misery. I hope you can return the paid fees to me. .
            Now you are advertising Steady Capture here in your signature .You did the same in Viper's thread when he was in a DD. You were advertising Goldstar. It is not very appropriate and a bit distasteful.
            Last edited by Pippie; 01-05-2017, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Let's wait for Hans to reply. My main concern is that on higher risk the recovery will take more since our balance has dropped significantly and I don't know how to adjust lot sizes. Either to the current balance or leave them as they are, because if lot sizes will be smaller due to smaller balance than recovery will take longer. I would appreciate any input on this.

Comment

GOLDSTAR UPDATE

I have taken my loss at 7.5%, as promised because I not like to play around with money from my clients. 7.5% loss closing slowly eventually became 8.1% during the closing process because we didn't want to close all trades at one time in case clients got slipped.

I've spoken with Nick and Will as well during the closing of my trades, and he fully supported my decision of closing the basket as transparency and honesty is what I believe in and so does Nick.

It's clear that I have traded things a bit too aggressive compared to my normal style of trading which is more conservative. It's not my usual style and I should have traded differently at this time of year. But the this is similar to February last year where I fought back also and successfully, a bit too fast actually but without trading more aggressively, just more often.

The plan for now is to look forward and get back to high watermark level but very conservative, not aggressively and get back to this level in 3-4 months from now. Obviously it can be done fast as proven last year, but probably not in 1-2 months, because that means I would need to be aggressive for the next 1-2 months, while I prefer to just keep calm. I do hope that the majority of all clients accept this as well as understand. Yes it would be great if we get back really fast but it is not what I'm aiming for.

I feel really bad for all of my clients who have accepted this loss with me, but I know I can recover this without too much stress just like before.

I'll close myself off from the world and be back during NFP and see if I can start making a few pips back and obviously cautiously as I not plan to have full baskets of plan A (15 per side) until I'm back at high watermark.

2016 overall was a good year of 29% resulting in a profit of 30% over the year.

I am absolutely positive that we hit the 30% or more again this year of 2017, even with the loss setting us back 8%.

Hans
                Beta testing HansTrend v2 with 8 BetaTesters for 3 months!
                See:goo.gl/tEcEV6

Comment

Originally posted by Pippie View Post
                  It is the middle of the night here and I just woke up with a bad feeling about my account and yes .... I hope you never ever dare to critizise FX Viper again. I have never experienced this with him. 2 months with this signal and it only brought me misery. I hope you can return the paid fees to me. .
                  I'm sorry Pippie but come on.... FX Viper couldn't tell you when he'd cut a trade... The guy would just hold on forever.

Lets not get onto that topic as its the wrong place and most certainly the wrong time.

Sticking to the facts, it hurts loosing money. but this is part of trading, and we'll soon be back to trading. The important thing to consider is when a trader tells us that he is going to take action at a level, that he sticks to that (which he has).

Comment

Originally posted by Pippie View Post
                    It is the middle of the night here and I just woke up with a bad feeling about my account and yes .... I hope you never ever dare to critizise FX Viper again. I have never experienced this with him. 2 months with this signal and it only brought me misery. I hope you can return the paid fees to me. .
                    Agree! this is absolutely frustrating...

Comment

This seems to be what happened in Feb last year with too many trades placed too close, and likely these are automated trades? For past two over months GS has not been able to perform, something which we haven't seen over the past 3 years record too.

Comment

Thank you goldstar for respecting your rules, big loss yes but a lot us us are with you and we know that you will get us back on top. Thanks for everything and look forward to what comes next!

Comment

Well this is the icing on the cake for 2016 for me. That now makes a 50% loss for the year. Yes I made money with Goldstar and I will continue with him, but every other month one trader has a major hiccup and knocks 10-20% out of my account. Smart 2, Pipster, Fusion. I know this has nothing to do with Hans, I'm just having a whinge and sick and tired of losing money ( Yes it's my fault I picked those dodgy traders)......don't even know why I'm mentioning it...know one gives a shit!!

Anyway.... good luck for 2017 Hans, look forward to a successful year.

Comment

Hans I think was absolutely sure it would go down to 1130-1135 and would never go to this level. Two chances to reduce exposure! We need to learn from this.

Way to aggressive and as I have said like a broken record he never traded this way on recovery which made me uncomfortable.

Well I've lost all my profits from Viper and then some.....shouldn't have allocated all my funds from Viper over. Got my co-investor friend freaking out too and had to block him from my account.

Comment

Thanks Hans, yes better to recover at a steady pace rather than try to be too aggressive, as 4x Master is already very aggressive.

Comment

My last one year with hans, what a waste of time.

hans you profited more as you went 9/10th of the year, then at the end lowered your own accounts risk and halved lotsize, then took a loss, your reference account which doing the same analysis looks like this is not a true reflection of what the last year for a client has been

none of this changes shit, just makes me question what is the point in this, tired of going months to only loose every bloomin time

nothing learnt, same mistake, thats what is annoying,

Last edited by dupapa; 01-05-2017, 01:52 AM.
                                http://www.myfxbook.com/members/dupapa

Comment

Working...
                                X