No announcement yet.

Gold Star Main Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything to update Hans Bowles ? What movement do we need to close or open new positions? We are 'waiting' for a few weeks now. I'm glad to know your plans.

Comment

• Gold market has not moved much past weeks so no positions. Waiting is normal if the thingy does not move...my interpretation. nc!

Comment

• Only problem is you're getting rammed with swaps and no proactive trading in a month. Tough drawdown period.

Comment

• Letting you know that I've reached out to Hans on Skype to get an update as well.
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Thanks for the update Nick

Comment

• Hey guys, just passing on a brief conversation I had with Hans earlier:

Nick: Hey Hans, hope you're well man.

Just wanting to see how things are going on your end. Seems like we've been hedged for a while now. What's your plan moving forward? A few clients are asking me.

Hans Hi Nick, thanks Iím doing alright

Yes quite a while unfortunately, and thus still a floating loss, but Iím not gonna take losses just to move on, this might not be according how I prefer to trade, but at the same time I have to adapt as well.

Ideally (for me and my clients open trades, as nobody likes wars ofcourse) Trump starts talking crap about North Korea again and perhaps even more (he just sent all his navy ships and air carriers to South Korea for practice together), and gold will go up again at levels of 1350 as in first week September, only this time with a lot less hedged sell orders compared to then so itís much easier to reach profits and close all buys and ideally together with the sells as well.

My target is 0% profit for current trades (breakeven), as that would mean that Iím above high watermark again on top of the previous months small gains.

Even better would be with a small profit, but I prefer to start clean again instead, so thatís what Iím aiming for, to have an overall profit, reach high watermark levels so at least it was worth waiting for.

I hope you can do something with that?

I am very well aware that once that high watermark has been reached maybe even half of my clients will remove me from their portfolio which I can understand if they aim for more action and more monthly profits (vs the subscription fees), but I do know that I will continue, Iím trading this for myself as well ofcourse and I think itís just part of the game, and being able to adopt to political influenced events. Iím glad that I received several mails from forexsignal subs and on skype as well telling me they still like the way I trade, and even will continue so yeah, for everyone itís different I suppose

So yeah, anything you can use for tell the people who asked you things ?
              Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Thanks for the update Nick.

The hedge is slightly long biased and the breakeven point is around 1407 which is about $128 or 12,800 pips away.

Comment

• I have unsubscribed and managing this basket myself. I just can't sit by while Nick has to be made to contact a provider that i had asked for some updates for $100USD of my money every month to be just left out in the cold is pure bullshit. Especially after that we have ALL seen Hans do in the past. He can trade his way out of this way better before but after months of giving Hans my money I am tired to be treated with such disdain.

Good luck everyone and I hope you make equity highs but i am going to try to fly this plane myself now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                    I have unsubscribed and managing this basket myself. I just can't sit by while Nick has to be made to contact a provider that i had asked for some updates for $100USD of my money every month to be just left out in the cold is pure bullshit. Especially after that we have ALL seen Hans do in the past. He can trade his way out of this way better before but after months of giving Hans my money I am tired to be treated with such disdain.you hve the right idea
                    Good luck everyone and I hope you make equity highs but i am going to try to fly this plane myself now.
                    Yeah I usually don't say anything but we have been ranging around for a while now which is where Goldstar normally excels and yet no trades to book and we keep paying subs. I think you have the right idea Big River Man. Kinda regretting not getting out when Nick did. DT

Comment

• I agree its been a tough ride the past year or more, especially hard the past couple of months.

I haven't yet got involved in the trading myself as I've noticed that Gold has been trending sideways with a very small range for quite some time now. Any trading designed to get out of this basket in these market conditions will involve use of very risky leverage, something Goldstar doesn't do (like alot of others) and one of the reasons I was attracted to Goldstar in the first place.

Gold market conditions have changed quite a bit in the past year or two, the question is not if the trader has lost his touch, but rather has the market changed in a way that is detrimental to the original trading plan. Something a trader cant just change 'overnight'. I think it is the latter personally. Either way, it may make good financial sense for the subscriber to opt out for now - at least until the market picks up or the trading plan changes (and works for sometime). The difficult part is getting out in a draw down and in low volatility. A risk I'm not willing to take myself at the moment (without pulling all nighters - Im in Australia).

What is interesting is to speculate on the reason why Gold has changed. I've read some articles lately which suggest Crypto-currencies could be taking some of the punch out of Gold as an alternative 'go to' when fiat currencies are bearish. Normally I would have though that be a bit far fetched - but Crypto does seem to be getting big. Thoughts?

Comment

• I quit Goldstar awhile ago after the massive f*** up. Am I missing something or is Hans still down ~4.63% for the year? Saying he wants to get back to high watermark with a breakeven basket.

"My target is 0% profit for current trades (breakeven), as that would mean that Iím above high watermark again on top of the previous months small gains"

Doesn't make sense to me???

Also, anyone (Not Hans) thinking of using the reason that the basket hasn't closed because Gold is ranging is sorta bs. ~1235 to a high of ~1357 since the first trade of the basket. It has only ranged in the last few months.

All the best!

Comment

• Hey interceptor, not sure if your referring to me or not regarding the ranging but I was only speaking of the last month and a half (5-6 weeks) and getting out of the basket now (while its trending sideways). Gold activity has been really flat making it a challenge to get out of this basket (lately).

Comment

• Gold moves...finally!

Comment

• It is still moving up and down in a range without any trades. Which levels do we need to have a next trade Hans Bowles ?

Comment

• Long time I haven't been here. I usually check my account once in a month but I'm really sad because of the result I got more than a year from Hans. I wish I could jump out when the DD was about just a bit (half year ago?). This is not an investment. This is a joke! The basket is totally unbalanced and we should pray to have the gold jump up.

Comment

Working...
                                X