Gold Star Managed Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Star Managed Account

The GoldStar Managed Account is available at both Mt Cook and IC Markets.

Hans and I are now inviting investors to allocate capital to this outstanding strategy.

With a track record dating back to July 2013, it's one of the true success stories of this site and the industry as a whole.

View The Myfxbook Statement

There are options at both IC Markets and Mt Cook for investors to allocate capital depending on your preference.
    • Brokerage fee: $5 per lot round turn
    • Denomination option: USD
    • Risk Multiplier: 4x
    • Clients excluded: We accept all clients outside USA and Australia
    • Performance fee: 30% on a high watermark basis
    • Minimum Investment: $2,500
    • No entry/exit or management fee and no spread markup.
    How to get started:
    1. Open an account by clicking here.
    2. Download and complete the LPOA (limited power of attorney) giving us permission to trade on your behalf and for you to be attached to our managed account by clicking here (don't forget to also get it signed by a witness).
    3. Email the completed LPOA to our account manager Sophie Zakrzewska partners@icmarkets.com with confirmation that you would like to be added to the GoldStar managed account.
    4. After processing your LPOA, IC Markets will provide you with a MAM sub-account number.
    5. Fund your account.
    6. That's it! (we will connect your account automatically, however if you're would like confirmation please feel free to email us directly at support@forexsignals.com)
    Myfxbook Statement for IC Markets 4x MAM

MT Cook

Mt Cook offer a revolutionary managed account platform that allows clients to invest in their local denomination from only $1k, set a custom risk multiplier and enforce an equity drawdown stop level.

What you need to know:

- Brokerage fee: $4.50 per lot round turn
    - Denominations available in USD, Euro, AUD and GBP
    - Minimum investment of $5,000.
    - Risk multiplier: 0.1 > 4x
    - No entry/exit or management fee and no spread markup.
    - Clients excluded: US (US clients please join our FX Choice managed account)
    - 30% performance fee on a high watermark basis charged at the end of each month.

How to get started:

- Open an Account at Mt Cook through this link.
    - Complete the online LPOA

Start Following GoldStar at Mt Cook

The whole process only takes a few minutes to complete. If you have any questions please feel free post them below or contact Gavin Gray from Mt Cook on partners@mtcookfinancial.com

Frequently Asked Questions

What does 2x Risk mean?

A: It means that the proportional lot sizes will be double the master account, which in turn results in the performance being amplified by a factor of 2x. So if the master account generates a return of 5%, you'll make 10% (before fees), conversely the drawdown are also doubles in proportion.

How can I track my investment?
    A: The broker will send you a daily email with detailed activity and the performance of your account, you are also given read only access to the trading account for up to 15mins at a time so you can monitor the positions in real time.

Are there any upfront fees?
    A: No, there are no entry or exit fees on our managed accounts.

Can I withdraw my funds at any time?
    A: Yes.

Do I have to install software or run a VPS?
    A: No, there is nothing to install or monitor. Once the account is opened the process of monitoring your investment is completely passive.

Can I trade the account myself as well?
    A: No, once you assign your sub account to the MAM you won't have access to trade the funds yourself. You would need to open a separate account not tied to the MAM if you wanted to trade manually.

How does the watermark high calculation work?
    The high watermark calculation creates a scenario where the client is only charged a performance fee once their balance has exceeded the previous highest point.

For example:

Starting Deposit = $10,000

Month 1 = $11,000 (10% gain)
    Fee = $300 ($10,700 balance)

Month 2 = $10,000 (7% loss)
    Fee = zero

Month 3 = $12,000 (20% gain)
    Fee = $390 (30% of the $1300 gain on the previous highest balance after the fee was withdrawn)

The above example uses the accounts equity, not the balance.

Further questions?
    Please feel free to post questions on this thread, or email us at support@forexsignals.com.
    Audio Interview with Jay from SteadyCapture Now Available
    Click Here To Listen

Risk is set at 1x, correct?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Since Mt cook has funds in Australian Banks,

Can Australians joining the MAM transfer funds directly to the Australian Banks ? (EFT or Bpay) and when withdrawing have funds come directly from the Australian Banks rather then from South Africa ?

Otherwise is this considered by the ATO as a Foreign Investment ?
      Last edited by genki7; 04-27-2016, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
        Risk is set at 1x, correct?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
        Yes, should have mentioned that
        Click Here To Listen

Comment

Originally posted by genki7 View Post
          Since Mt cook has funds in Australian Banks,

Can Australians joining the MAM transfer funds directly to the Australian Banks ? (EFT or Bpay) and when withdrawing have funds come directly from the Australian Banks rather then from South Africa ?

Otherwise is this considered by the ATO as a Foreign Investment ?
          Yes, I believe so. But I'll revert to Gavin to confirm.
          Click Here To Listen

Comment

Hello Nick, congrats on the launch of the GoldStar Managed Account!

Regarding your question genki7, our custodian banks are in Australia and Singapore.

Naturally the bank where you choose to send your deposit is entirely up to you. When it comes time to withdraw, the funds are typically sent from the same bank at which they were received however I'd recommend writing instructions to that effect on the withdrawal form as well, just to be absolutely certain.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
            Gavin

Comment

Hi Nick/ Gavin

An exciting new development and I'm keen to show support for the direction that Nick is taking the site
              Just wondered if a GBP option is planned for the MAM at some point?

Best regards

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by markr View Post
                Hi Nick/ Gavin

An exciting new development and I'm keen to show support for the direction that Nick is taking the site
                Just wondered if a GBP option is planned for the MAM at some point?

Best regards

Mark
                Thanks Mark,

Not at this point, but if we get enough people asking then we'll definitely introduce it.
                Click Here To Listen

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Thanks Mark,

Not at this point, but if we get enough people asking then we'll definitely introduce it.
                  Congrats nick ...
                  Though not so happy with broker offered ... i am just making sure that u fully guarantee this broker is not a scam and will not run away withour money at any point .. u r putting your word on it here ..
                  Also i would like to know from mtcook .. what r the guarantees offered for our money under south Africa regulations in case of company bankruptcy. . And did they start to accept credit card funding or not yet ( first broker i ever seen in 7 years that doesnt take credit cards .. big flag honestly ) Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello everyone,

First of all thank you Nick and his team for setting it all up!

I'm glad that I'm now finally able to offer my trading strategy "GoldStar"
                    to the public without having to lose so much on expenses such as
                    VPS costs as well as the subscription fee it self which you pay every
                    month even in a bad month.

MAM is THE way to reduce the costs a lot for everyone and simplicity,
                    it is THE ONLY way for the future in trading.

Together with Nick and his team we find a reliable partner in Mt Cook to
                    offer MAM accounts with very little investment of only 3k.
                    Especially people formerly trading GoldStar using signals with an
                    investment of 3k-20k will benefit HUGE using this low investment MAM.

Furthermore I like the idea of no good results for everyone = no good
                    results for me either due being high watermark.

I have and give 100% trust and faith in Nick, his team and the broker Mt Cook
                    to make this a success for everyone.

Soon GoldStar will also be available @ IC Markets but much higher
                    investment is required of 40k to make it at least a bit worthwhile for us,
                    as they are less professional than Mt Cook (Mt Cook offers a much more logic
                    MAM interface with less administration work). IC Markets still uses ancient tools,
                    manual checking of each single order, many delays, rechecking.. etc etc.

Quote from Nick:
                    In response to several requests we've decided to make a MAM at IC Markets available for clients wanting to invest $40k+
                    I appreciate many of you feel a little apprehensive about trading at Mt Cook because they're unfamiliar, especially with a large amount of capital.

I'm actually thinking of closing down the private investors MAM accounts I have
                    personally @ IC Markets and ask them to join Mt Cook instead.

Spreads for XAUUSD are ok at Mt Cook and looking forward to also make good and stable longterm profit here.

Cheers,
                    Hans
                    www.hansbowles.com holy grails DO exist

Comment

Hi Sherif,

Allow me to refer back to an earlier post that provides some deeper insight into our operation https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/s...4215#post44215

To answer your question, although we completely segregate client funds, the capital does not fall under the protection of any external protection scheme. As I've mentioned previously in this forum, I'm sympathetic to the fact that this may cause apprehension for some people.

The question of trust is very difficult especially in this type of business. It's different for people like Nick and Will who have had a close working relationship with most of our management team for several years or for clients who have experience with me personally from dealing with The Aslan Group. Their context is completely different than an individual who has never heard of us before.

I understand that for some of these people the leap of faith may be too big, and I totally respect their position.

From our side however, we realize that we can't control how people respond to what we are or what we are not, so we don't allow ourselves to dwell on it.

And although this will probably sound very self-serving, I absolutely love our model. I made a career out of dealing with brokers and was able to take the best and worst of those experiences to help set the course for Mt.Cook.

Running a true agency model where 100% of orders are passed through to the market, means that we have zero counter-party risk. And keeping our overhead incredibly low means that we don't have to be a giant of the industry in order to build a financially strong enterprise.

It is part of our long-term plan to move to a more renowned regulatory jurisdiction but realistically we're looking at Q4 2017 at the earliest. In the meantime, I can proudly state that Mt.Cook is thriving, our clients love dealing with us, and we're building some really strong relationships; we don't feel impeded in the least by our current model.

Having said that,I completely understand the concern from your side of the fence. It's like the US visa application which asks "do you belong to a terrorist organization?". In the same way that a terrorist would never tick that "yes" box, someone with plans to abscond with client funds will never reveal their true intentions.

So in my opinion it's an unanswerable question to ask whether or not we're honest. I can tell you that the way I operate in business of is an extension of who i am as a person. That the values I live my life by, and try to instill in my son and daughter, follow me to the workplace. I can tell you that we are a company that is not driven by greed and truly cares about our clients. But someone who wanted to deceive you would probably say the same thing and therein lies the problem.

This is precisely why we opted to grow organically from within our respective networks instead of trying to "convince" the masses that we were trustworthy. People like Nick and others can vouch for our character based on their dealings with us over the years, but for some people that won't be enough...and I say again, I understand/respect their position.

You pointed to our lack of credit card funding as a red flag but quite honestly this was done deliberately as a means of filtering traders outside of our niche market. Up until recently we had a $20k minimum to open an account and this type of client only transact via bank wire. With this opportunity however we've obviously made some concessions and are trying to accommodate the needs wherever possible however the process can take time.

We embrace our role as a boutique provider, and are very proud of what Mt.Cook has become in only two short years. We know that we can't be "all things to all people" but are very grateful for relationships like Nick's and Hans' and look forward to proving our value to this community through action.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Best Regards,
                      Gavin

ps. Thanks for the kind words Hans! We're excited to be a part of this project.

Comment

Visited Mt Cook website and can't find some standard info such as funding/withdrawing charges. Can you provide the URL?

Comment

It would be good to see the MAM account on Myfxbook the same as Vipers,Smart2 etc... MAMs are all shown.

Will you you do the same for Goldstar MAM Hans ?

Where is the link ?
                          Last edited by genki7; 05-23-2016, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by genki7 View Post
                            It would be good to see the MAM account on Myfxbook the same as Vipers,Smart2 etc... MAMs are all shown.

Will you you do the same for Goldstar MAM Hans ?

Where is the link ?
                            https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Nic...ldstar/1598311
                            www.hansbowles.com holy grails DO exist

Comment

Wrong link. Takes you to Nick's account that he gave in the first post.

Comment

Working...
                              X