My Journey Building a $1,000,000 Forex Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,

I've just updated my diary. It's about 24hrs old, since I recorded it DayFox has exited the basket profitably

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Looking forward to the next update, August was a month to separate the wheat from the chaff...

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteApe View Post
        Looking forward to the next update, August was a month to separate the wheat from the chaff...
        I'm doing one later today so it should be ready tomorrow.

The FX Amp account is a real issue for me right now...

Comment

Ladies and Gents,

On this video I detail Smart Scalper as well as talking about the catastrophe that is FX Amplified on my portfolio.

EURUSD, get up!

Comment

Thanks for the update. Glad I watched it as I didn't know about the lot size, balance vs equity calculator. Had it on equity so have missed out on some profit.

Comment

Hi Nick at present I am set on Equity as that is the default. Should I change my settings to Balance once I am flat.
              If so to avoid confusion should the default setting be changed on the Risk Multiplier be set on Balance and not Equity.
              I would appreciate it if you could confirm this as I would like to make sure I have the settings set correctly.
              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fabx View Post
                Hi Nick at present I am set on Equity as that is the default. Should I change my settings to Balance once I am flat.
                If so to avoid confusion should the default setting be changed on the Risk Multiplier be set on Balance and not Equity.
                I would appreciate it if you could confirm this as I would like to make sure I have the settings set correctly.
                Thanks.
                Some discussion on this here:
                See post 1342 onwards.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Hey Nick,
                  I've been trying to contact you. Do you check your forum private messages? What is the best way to reach you? Email perhaps? I know you must be super busy, but it is regarding setting up an account. Thanks for your reply.

DRE

Comment

Originally posted by klasniy5 View Post
                    Hey Nick,
                    I've been trying to contact you. Do you check your forum private messages? What is the best way to reach you? Email perhaps? I know you must be super busy, but it is regarding setting up an account. Thanks for your reply.

DRE
                    Please feel free to shoot me an email: nick (at) thinkhuge.net

I look forward to hearing from you

Comment

I may not get a chance to do a video for a few days, however I'd still like to post an update on my plans.

So... FX Amplified's margin call has put a massive dent in my plans here. My entire portfolio is back at break even and I have the FX Amplified account with a $7,500 hole that I need to dig out of.

I won't leave this account continuing to trade FX Amplified on 4x risk for a number of reasons:

- It will take years to compound the remaining funds back to $8k using existing settings
                      - It pisses me off every time I look at it, so I want to clear it from my portfolio
                      - I look like a bit of an idiot to anyone that's watching this series...

So that leaves me with 2 alternatives:

1) Trade the remaining $500 on much higher risk and cross my fingers that I avoid a margin call for 6 months or so while it rebuilds.
                      2) Top up the account

I'm steering away from running massive risk from now on. It's fun for a while, however each time I do it the experiment it ends in tears. I also don't think it's a good thing to be promoting to the rest of our members.

So that leaves me with the option of topping up my account.

I'm starting a fresh $40k account to run inside my portfolio temporarily. This will be run like a VIP account using a portfolio of signals on differing risk settings. Once I generate an $8k return on the new account I'll pull it out of the portfolio along with the old FX Amplified account.

I'll likely continue the $40k account on the side for you guys to follow, however it won't be part of the official $30k - $300k experiment.

The risk profile on this account will be relatively conservative.

I'm presently pulling the funds together for the account. It should be ready and trading by the end of the week.

Comment

I may not get a chance to do a video for a few days, however I'd still like to post an update on my plans.

So... FX Amplified's margin call has put a massive dent in my plans here. My entire portfolio is back at break even and I have the FX Amplified account with a $7,500 hole that I need to dig out of.

I won't leave this account trading 4x risk on FX Amplified for a number of reasons:

- It will take years to compound the remaining funds back to $8k using existing settings
                        - It pisses me off every time I look at it, so I want to clear it from my portfolio
                        - I look like a bit of an idiot to anyone that's watching this series...

So that leaves me with 2 alternatives:

1) Trade the remaining $500 on much higher risk and cross my fingers that I avoid a margin call for 6 months or so while it rebuilds.
                        2) Top up the account

I'm steering away from running massive risk from now on. It's fun for a while, however each time I do it the experiment it ends in tears. I also don't think it's a good thing to be promoting to the rest of our members.

So that leaves me with the option of topping up my account.

Right now I'm setting up a fresh $40k account to run inside my portfolio. This will be run like a VIP account using a portfolio of signals on differing risk settings. Once I generate an $8k return on the new account I'll pull it out of the portfolio along with the old FX Amplified account.

I'll likely continue the $40k account on the side for you guys to follow, however it won't be part of the official $30k - $300k experiment.

The risk profile on this account will be relatively conservative.

I'm presently pulling the funds together for the account. It should be ready and trading by the end of the week.

Comment

Nick it is allways compelling to hear where you story is currently at, an how your long terms goals are going

win or fail in terms of your objectives does not interest me, it bears no releivence to me, what it does do is:..

its a reminder that strip away your company and objectives for success, and what do you find? an honest like minded individual who not only trying to make their own future a success but allowing us along for the ride

so yes i love to hear your updates, good an bad, this latest shows a flaw using the balance option, honestly, i dont think any option is 100% - what WILL seperate us winners from the loosers is IMO someone who not only pays for services, but who also monitors the outcome day by day, yes the ideal is set an forget, but in my year or so here i have found that:.... you win best when you check into your portfolio daily, (alot of peeps will be like are you crazy?? of course i log in everyday!! ((well im sure some dont,))) i do, an will continue to check back daily.

Nick you provide bar non the most professional and transparent service ive found to date! an for that thanks!!

the fact we can control our future is why i stick to the copier an not the MAM's - i "like" the extra work/worry/setup, as in doing so it gives me extra control!!

Bottom line: Really SAD to see you loose such a large chunk considering the history an the fact its worked out this way mostly due to copier settings!!

Chin up mate!! you know this better than most!!

look win or loose, you have a successful business and above all your willing to help us "small" people

Good luck gaining it back in your "new" mix!!!

Yours

Ben Storkey

Comment

journey is over. Going to make a cheat soon? You failed

Comment

will be interesting to see how you are going to cheat the truth this time

Comment

looking at your watch nick get rich, nick is looking poorer than ever

Comment

Working...
                                X