No announcement yet.

My Journey Building a $1,000,000 Forex Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the update Nick, I have to agree with what your saying, I think you have noticed the volume/people who used to be here back in the Fx Amp days were astonishing. I used to remember coming in to work in the morning have my coffee and read through pages of discussion, thats not the case here anymore and I'm sure you have noticed that. For whatever reason people have left or stop contributing to the activity here. Having said that I think you are doing the right thing, changing the chatroom to being more useful for traders who actually trade and not just people talking about the weather and what beer they drank. Good luck and great effort, that's my support. I think if people don't agree with what your doing they can comment on what they think should be done, or accept the change! Good luck again :-)

One thing I noticed is Tony isn't necessarily a great trader but I think he's a great analyst who can add value to traders who trade full-time with analysis/views and some fundamental assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waleed121 View Post
      Thanks for the update Nick, I have to agree with what your saying, I think you have noticed the volume/people who used to be here back in the Fx Amp days were astonishing. I used to remember coming in to work in the morning have my coffee and read through pages of discussion, thats not the case here anymore and I'm sure you have noticed that. For whatever reason people have left or stop contributing to the activity here. Having said that I think you are doing the right thing, changing the chatroom to being more useful for traders who actually trade and not just people talking about the weather and what beer they drank. Good luck and great effort, that's my support. I think if people don't agree with what your doing they can comment on what they think should be done, or accept the change! Good luck again :-)

One thing I noticed is Tony isn't necessarily a great trader but I think he's a great analyst who can add value to traders who trade full-time with analysis/views and some fundamental assessment.
      Its not just here. The trading volumes went down a lot in forex brokers. I am going to throw a really wild guess the EA's in the MT4 and social trading like copying from other traders in the broker blew everyone up. I think most of these traders and new ones are now trading binary options. I could be wrong but that's what I think.

Comment

• Hey guys,

I don't want to be one of those guys that only shares the good stuff and hides away the bad.

If you'd been hanging out in the trading room this past week you would have seen that I've dropped a cool $50,000 since last Friday. It was made up of $25k as a result of Viper's shorts on EURUSD and $25k on the back of Kilimanjaro's shorts on NZD.

I'll be honest, it stings and makes me want to put my head in the sand, but this is part of the journey. It's not all smooth sailing and I can confirm I'm staying the course.

Nothing worth doing is easy.

Stay tuned.
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• nothing really comes easy

Comment

• With the experience you have trading your accounts this is only a minor setback Nick. Keep up the good work

Comment

• Hi Nick, I enjoy your monthly updates.
              I am curious, do you no longer have a day job? You spoke of a job you had with a good view and a good income but you didn't enjoy it, I think you said you left that position?
              It seems you are not taking money out of any of your trade accounts for general living costs. So I'm wondering what income are you relying on to pay for living expenses?

I look forward to your updates, win or lose. I'm also looking forward to starting my first managed fund in the coming months thanks to your videos/feedback.

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandelay View Post
                Hi Nick, I enjoy your monthly updates.
                I am curious, do you no longer have a day job? You spoke of a job you had with a good view and a good income but you didn't enjoy it, I think you said you left that position?
                It seems you are not taking money out of any of your trade accounts for general living costs. So I'm wondering what income are you relying on to pay for living expenses?

I look forward to your updates, win or lose. I'm also looking forward to starting my first managed fund in the coming months thanks to your videos/feedback.

Regards

Hi Art,

Yeah, I used to be a director at a commercial property services company in the Sydney CBD where I worked my way up over a 10 year period. I was lucky to be able to save enough money to start this site and have been using it as my only real source of income ever since.

I've pulled very little out of my accounts over the years, the plan is to compound this into a huge amount of money and then fund a financially free lifestyle that most of us dream of when we start trading forex.

So if I'm honest it can be a little scary, because if our traders, or the site fails then I'll be in serious financial trouble. But as one of my good friends always says "you gotta risk it to win the biscuit"

Comment

• Hi Guys,

June was a tough one for me dropping as much as $50k in a couple of days before recovering to end the month -$16k.

It's all part of the journey, there's no rewards without risks. I'm quietly confident that I'll be back at equity high's this time next month

Any comments, questions welcome.

Comment

• I wish u the best, is not a streight line to heaven, with time u can achive anything.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Just a quick post. Honestly, I'm gutted right now... but one thing I've never done when things are difficult is stick my head in the sand.

Kilimanjaro's trading is absolutely killing me and coupled with Viper's drawdown my big account isn't in great shape.... Movements on the USD overnight also destroyed the GoodBoyFX experiment and while I don't have a lot of exposure to him and there was obviously expectation that it would happen at some point still doesn't completely remove the sting.

I'm not making any decisions on what to do with my portfolio at this stage because the last thing you want to do is base it on emotions, so I'll take stock over the weekend, speak to the traders and then create a plan to move forward.

Comment

• Will there be a monthly video this month?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
                          Will there be a monthly video this month?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm about to release it. It was recorded last Thursday, so it's already a little out of date unfortunately.

Comment

• I hope you guys enjoy the latest update. To be honest I've lost a fair bit of money since I recorded this.... But at the time it was accurate.

Fingers crossed for a recovery in August!

Comment

• Best of luck in getting your account back up to equity highs again.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing this. It seems you know how to invest a real deal on Forex market. There is a lot of work to do for me before going to the big leagues Good job pal!

Comment

Working...
                                X