X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drcdp
    replied
    Originally posted by ktyong View Post
    Fxcharlie, glad you still read the forum. Please give more time for more subs. I definitely recommend you if anyone I come across for signals copy.
    Thanks mate, appreciate the recommendations.

Leave a comment:

• ktyong
    replied
    Fxcharlie, glad you still read the forum. Please give more time for more subs. I definitely recommend you if anyone I come across for signals copy.

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    Originally posted by Drcdp View Post

My strategy for followers can be quite frustrating I would imagine, as by now you would have seen, we get many Break Even trades!
    Absolutely. 6 Month's all of which were positive.

Rubbish
    Last edited by Westie; 08-17-2018, 02:42 AM. Reason: I put a wink smiley as I wasn't sure my comment came across as I meant it 'tongue in cheek'

Leave a comment:

• Drcdp
    replied
    Originally posted by Westie View Post

I was the other investor in the Darwinex that got pulled (FOK). I still have the simpletrader subscription - and I hope you carry on trading. I will be here for the long haul.
    Yeah, I really liked Darwinex. Their spreads and execution were very good. Their commission rates were great, and also the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. They have a great social trading network there.

Once I manage to scrape enough capital together to properly fund the account, I will definitely run a signal there again.

And yes, we are in for the long haul here. My strategy for followers can be quite frustrating I would imagine, as by now you would have seen, we get many Break Even trades!

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    Originally posted by primi View Post

Yeah, that's a problem. Never mind, I much prefer your signal here and so far you're doing just fine and I might take up another subscription soonish as I have my money with different brokers. Looks like your trading is not "exciting" enough for a wider uneducated population though which is a shame but if you ever start another thread here I'm sure a couple of us would put in a good word from time to time and maybe things will move for the better. If you don't want more exposure that's OK too of course.
    I was the other investor in the Darwinex that got pulled (FOK). I still have the simpletrader subscription - and I hope you carry on trading. I will be here for the long haul.

Leave a comment:

• Drcdp
    replied
    Originally posted by Westie View Post

There's your answer right there. One excellent manual trader with only 10 subs, and 2 scam accounts from C7 Traders with more than double combined.

Here are some of the other C7 Trader ones, they all trade the same grid, hide the drawdown and eventually blow up and get deleted from myfxbook. That is sadly the way to make money out of signals

Some previous (probably all deleted now) C7 Classics

low-risk-usdchf
    Dilong
    usd cad scalper

Here was the original discussion for anyone interested

https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...6256-c7traders
    Hey Westie

Yes, I can confirm those sub numbers are correct. Quite a few people who advised they would sub never did.

Cheers,

Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Drcdp
    replied
    Originally posted by RenkoGuy
    "Darwinex would also run their own lot multipliers, which made the situation worse."

Are you sure, your stats at Darwinex were better than your real account so whats the real reason ?
    Yes, the past stats were better, because it simply ran a multiplier on my main accounts existing trades. So basically, as if someone ran my signal in the past on a 3x risk multiplier.

However, that was running the Darwinex multiplier on my EXISTING trades, using my Axitrader history on my Main account with the correct lot sizing.

As explained above, once I started using the smaller account, which could not use the correct lot sizing copied from my axitrader account, I could not partial close winners etc.

Pretty simple really.

Charlie.

Leave a comment:

• primi
    replied
    Originally posted by Drcdp View Post

Hi Primi

I stopped my Darwinex because I could not properly trade copy from my main account to the smaller Darwinex account using FXBlue as I did not have enough Capital for my darwinex account to allow the copying to work properly. I only had $3000 in my Darwinex account.

As you know I use very little leverage on my main account, often the trades are less than 1:1 leverage. So when I used Fxblue to copy the trades, I often would only get 0.01 lots copied to the Darwinex MT4 account, which when I had a winner, would not allow me to scale out of the position (I could not partial close the 0.01 position), however if I had a loser, it would of course close the whole 0.01 lots at the stop loss. Thus, amplifying my losers, but not allowing me to extent the winners, which is at the heart of my strategy. And of course, Darwinex would also run their own lot multipliers, which made the situation worse.

Thus, if I ever open a Darwinex again, I will need to have the same amount of capital in my Darwinex MT4, as in my Axitrader main account, to copy my strategy with the correct lot sizes, allowing me to scale out on winners.

Cheers,

Charlie
    Yeah, that's a problem. Never mind, I much prefer your signal here and so far you're doing just fine and I might take up another subscription soonish as I have my money with different brokers. Looks like your trading is not "exciting" enough for a wider uneducated population though which is a shame but if you ever start another thread here I'm sure a couple of us would put in a good word from time to time and maybe things will move for the better. If you don't want more exposure that's OK too of course.

Leave a comment:

• Drcdp
    replied
    Originally posted by primi View Post
    His darwin was stopped, I don't have an answer yet why.
    Hi Primi

I stopped my Darwinex because I could not properly trade copy from my main account to the smaller Darwinex account using FXBlue as I did not have enough Capital for my darwinex account to allow the copying to work properly. I only had $3000 in my Darwinex account.

As you know I use very little leverage on my main account, often the trades are less than 1:1 leverage. So when I used Fxblue to copy the trades, I often would only get 0.01 lots copied to the Darwinex MT4 account, which when I had a winner, would not allow me to scale out of the position (I could not partial close the 0.01 position), however if I had a loser, it would of course close the whole 0.01 lots at the stop loss. Thus, amplifying my losers, but not allowing me to extent the winners, which is at the heart of my strategy. And of course, Darwinex would also run their own lot multipliers, which made the situation worse.

Thus, if I ever open a Darwinex again, I will need to have the same amount of capital in my Darwinex MT4, as in my Axitrader main account, to copy my strategy with the correct lot sizes, allowing me to scale out on winners.

Cheers,

Charlie
    Last edited by Drcdp; 08-16-2018, 09:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• primi
    replied
    His darwin was stopped, I don't have an answer yet why.

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

Here are the signal subscribers for the Top 15 ranked signals on the Market Place.
    As you stated, there is private trade copier usage, and it actually accounts for many more fee-paying subscribers. This number is private.
    I hope they publish this subscriber count on the Market Place listing soon.
    GoldenKiwi 3
    EURCAD Expert 19
    FX4Charlie 10
    There's your answer right there. One excellent manual trader with only 10 subs, and 2 scam accounts from C7 Traders with more than double combined.

Here are some of the other C7 Trader ones, they all trade the same grid, hide the drawdown and eventually blow up and get deleted from myfxbook. That is sadly the way to make money out of signals

Some previous (probably all deleted now) C7 Classics

low-risk-usdchf
    Dilong
    usd cad scalper

Here was the original discussion for anyone interested

https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...6256-c7traders
    Last edited by Westie; 08-16-2018, 02:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccjhuang
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ccjhuang
    replied
    Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
    You all have valid points.
    1. We need successful traders that don't use gridding or any aggressive lotsizing to make a profit
    2. Most investors/subs don't want to pay a monthly fee when systems go through stagnation even if long term profits are likely

How to get more successful traders on this platform?
    I think SFE Price Action MAM is still a good option for those that cannot afford to buy the EA outright.

I cannot predict the future but its maths based on statistics and probability would suggest that SFE PA should have another growth phase in the near future to offset the lack of growth for the last 12 months.

Of course there could be other better systems out there, but I am just happy to stick to what I know best.

Leave a comment:

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied
    SFE isn't that great of a system in 2018 . It literally had 2 good trading cycles this entire year. at 1.5% monthly and 16% DD, I see why people are not interested. i also see that having the system for for sale and at myfxbook autotrade diminishes any reason to pay for signals.
    Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 6.14.32 PM.png

I also believe that a good trader will skip the signal industry and manage accounts since more money is usually made ( if you make money by trading). I've read a few of these other traders talking about darwinex and how they simply manage money on that platform.

Leave a comment:

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied
    You all have valid points.
    1. We need successful traders that don't use gridding or any aggressive lotsizing to make a profit
    2. Most investors/subs don't want to pay a monthly fee when systems go through stagnation even if long term profits are likely

How to get more successful traders on this platform?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X