Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SimpleTrader Feedback, Suggestions, Improvements

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by primi View Post
    His darwin was stopped, I don't have an answer yet why.
    Hi Primi

    I stopped my Darwinex because I could not properly trade copy from my main account to the smaller Darwinex account using FXBlue as I did not have enough Capital for my darwinex account to allow the copying to work properly. I only had $3000 in my Darwinex account.

    As you know I use very little leverage on my main account, often the trades are less than 1:1 leverage. So when I used Fxblue to copy the trades, I often would only get 0.01 lots copied to the Darwinex MT4 account, which when I had a winner, would not allow me to scale out of the position (I could not partial close the 0.01 position), however if I had a loser, it would of course close the whole 0.01 lots at the stop loss. Thus, amplifying my losers, but not allowing me to extent the winners, which is at the heart of my strategy. And of course, Darwinex would also run their own lot multipliers, which made the situation worse.

    Thus, if I ever open a Darwinex again, I will need to have the same amount of capital in my Darwinex MT4, as in my Axitrader main account, to copy my strategy with the correct lot sizes, allowing me to scale out on winners.

    Cheers,

    Charlie
    Last edited by Drcdp; 08-16-2018, 09:46 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Drcdp View Post

      Hi Primi

      I stopped my Darwinex because I could not properly trade copy from my main account to the smaller Darwinex account using FXBlue as I did not have enough Capital for my darwinex account to allow the copying to work properly. I only had $3000 in my Darwinex account.

      As you know I use very little leverage on my main account, often the trades are less than 1:1 leverage. So when I used Fxblue to copy the trades, I often would only get 0.01 lots copied to the Darwinex MT4 account, which when I had a winner, would not allow me to scale out of the position (I could not partial close the 0.01 position), however if I had a loser, it would of course close the whole 0.01 lots at the stop loss. Thus, amplifying my losers, but not allowing me to extent the winners, which is at the heart of my strategy. And of course, Darwinex would also run their own lot multipliers, which made the situation worse.

      Thus, if I ever open a Darwinex again, I will need to have the same amount of capital in my Darwinex MT4, as in my Axitrader main account, to copy my strategy with the correct lot sizes, allowing me to scale out on winners.

      Cheers,

      Charlie
      Yeah, that's a problem. Never mind, I much prefer your signal here and so far you're doing just fine and I might take up another subscription soonish as I have my money with different brokers. Looks like your trading is not "exciting" enough for a wider uneducated population though which is a shame but if you ever start another thread here I'm sure a couple of us would put in a good word from time to time and maybe things will move for the better. If you don't want more exposure that's OK too of course.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by RenkoGuy
        "Darwinex would also run their own lot multipliers, which made the situation worse."

        Are you sure, your stats at Darwinex were better than your real account so whats the real reason ?
        Yes, the past stats were better, because it simply ran a multiplier on my main accounts existing trades. So basically, as if someone ran my signal in the past on a 3x risk multiplier.

        However, that was running the Darwinex multiplier on my EXISTING trades, using my Axitrader history on my Main account with the correct lot sizing.

        As explained above, once I started using the smaller account, which could not use the correct lot sizing copied from my axitrader account, I could not partial close winners etc.

        Pretty simple really.

        Charlie.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Westie View Post

          There's your answer right there. One excellent manual trader with only 10 subs, and 2 scam accounts from C7 Traders with more than double combined.

          Here are some of the other C7 Trader ones, they all trade the same grid, hide the drawdown and eventually blow up and get deleted from myfxbook. That is sadly the way to make money out of signals

          Some previous (probably all deleted now) C7 Classics

          low-risk-usdchf
          Dilong
          usd cad scalper

          Here was the original discussion for anyone interested

          https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...6256-c7traders
          Hey Westie

          Yes, I can confirm those sub numbers are correct. Quite a few people who advised they would sub never did.

          Cheers,

          Charlie

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by primi View Post

            Yeah, that's a problem. Never mind, I much prefer your signal here and so far you're doing just fine and I might take up another subscription soonish as I have my money with different brokers. Looks like your trading is not "exciting" enough for a wider uneducated population though which is a shame but if you ever start another thread here I'm sure a couple of us would put in a good word from time to time and maybe things will move for the better. If you don't want more exposure that's OK too of course.
            I was the other investor in the Darwinex that got pulled (FOK). I still have the simpletrader subscription - and I hope you carry on trading. I will be here for the long haul.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Westie View Post

              I was the other investor in the Darwinex that got pulled (FOK). I still have the simpletrader subscription - and I hope you carry on trading. I will be here for the long haul.
              Yeah, I really liked Darwinex. Their spreads and execution were very good. Their commission rates were great, and also the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. They have a great social trading network there.

              Once I manage to scrape enough capital together to properly fund the account, I will definitely run a signal there again.

              And yes, we are in for the long haul here. My strategy for followers can be quite frustrating I would imagine, as by now you would have seen, we get many Break Even trades!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Drcdp View Post

                My strategy for followers can be quite frustrating I would imagine, as by now you would have seen, we get many Break Even trades!
                Absolutely. 6 Month's all of which were positive.

                Rubbish
                Last edited by Westie; 08-17-2018, 02:42 AM. Reason: I put a wink smiley as I wasn't sure my comment came across as I meant it 'tongue in cheek'

                Comment


                • #38
                  Fxcharlie, glad you still read the forum. Please give more time for more subs. I definitely recommend you if anyone I come across for signals copy.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by ktyong View Post
                    Fxcharlie, glad you still read the forum. Please give more time for more subs. I definitely recommend you if anyone I come across for signals copy.
                    Thanks mate, appreciate the recommendations.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      He likes to go to BE fast with some trades and is of course often knocked out of a trade unless there is some momentum immediately.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by RenkoGuy
                        @Drcdp Whats your strategy ? Why trades open for just 2 and 3 minutes ? Do you get rebates on your trades ?
                        I look for trades that I can move my stop losses to break even as quickly as possible. I try and let winners run, and cut losers short or Break even.

                        ​​​​​​And No, I dont get rebates.

                        ​​​​​And No, I will not share my strategy.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by RenkoGuy

                          Fear of losing a trade ? Not a real trading plan ?
                          Surely you must know that you don't have to keep trades open for hours and months right? It greatly depends on your trading style and both are legitimate ways of trading. The one thing that you must not do is keep trades open for months in the style of Magician or even Bob-that-never-closes-a-trade-in-loss that operate without a SL. Charlie has a SL at all times and his stops are ment to be hit. They are not those edge of horizon stops that are never ment to be hit.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by RenkoGuy

                            I wonder is there a strategy ?
                            Well, after 1411 trades, I would imagine my strategy is working. You seem to spend alot of time trying to figure out my strategy, so I guess that must mean you think it is working. Anyways, ultimately it is up to investors to decide if they think I have a strategy or not.

                            https://www.myfxbook.com/members/FX4...rading/2427330

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by RenkoGuy

                              GHPR
                              Geometric Average Holding Period, or GHPR, is the geometric holding period return.

                              A system having the largest GHPR will make the highest profits if compounded.
                              A GHPR<0% means that the system will lose money if compounded.

                              Your GHPR score is 0.00 %
                              As much as I appreciate your concern and obsession with regards to my trading, there is nothing much else I can add. As I previously stated, it is up to investors to decide if they trust my strategy or not. Clearly you do not, which is your prerogative, and that is perfectly fine.

                              I am definitely not here to convince you of anything.

                              Good luck with your trading.

                              https://www.myfxbook.com/members/FX4...rading/2427330

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by RenkoGuy

                                GHPR
                                Geometric Average Holding Period, or GHPR, is the geometric holding period return.

                                A system having the largest GHPR will make the highest profits if compounded.
                                A GHPR<0% means that the system will lose money if compounded.

                                Your GHPR score is 0.00 %
                                Is there any reason why you picked this specific measure or was it just the fascination of 0.00% that was the cause? Can you try to guess why this number is so low that after rounding it comes out as 0.00%?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X