SimpleTrader Feedback, Suggestions, Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RenkoGuy

Yes because the strategy makes very little profit not very interesting for investors.
    Right. Let's try some math then.

Let's try to calculate Geometric average return (monthly) for all relevant months.

Geometric average return = ((1+4.08%)*(1+5.15%)*(1+3.83%)*(1-0.34%)*(1+1.29%)*(1+1.90%)*(1+0.78%)*(1+0.72%)*(1+ 2.38%)*(1+0.94%)*(1+0.82%)*(1+0.26%)*(1+0.12%)*(1+ 0.06%))˄1/14 - 1 = 1.56%

All relevant months meaning all months that were traded and excluding months that he traded with much increased risk. Geometric average return is 1.56% per month and not 0.00% like you saw on myfxbook. Maximum DD during this whole period was 1.57% (this one is a bit difficult to judge but I think it should be right).

That's not "very little profit"! You can scale it up to say 5% DD via risk multiplier and you end up with 5% monthly return. Now tell me how is this "very little profit"? I'm all for a healthy debate but don't just come here throwing some numbers around that you found on myfxbook. You need to understand how it's calculated and what that means for your series of data. It could mean some manual labor like I had to do but at least you end up with a correct number and better conclusions.

Now I'm only human and perhaps I made a mistake. Care to prove me wrong?

If you look closely you can spot one other thing that is of some concern though. I'm not going to point it out but if somebody spots it we can discuss.

EDIT correct a mistake, it's 14 months and not 11 so average goes down from 1.99% to 1.56% return monthly
    Last edited by primi; 08-17-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

It would be good if Simpletrader could handle pending orders

Comment

primi Well can you show how much you made ?
        That's not very relevant to the question we were discussing is it? You claimed that GHPR is 0.00% (taken from myfxbook) and I showed you why that number is incorrect.

But if you insist on knowing how much money I made with Charlie, the answer is no money so far. I am subscribed since 2 weeks or so ago. Perhaps you don't remember or was not interested in remembering but I said that I'm only interested in subscribing if he intends to offer signals for a long time. We could go on for a whole month without making any profit so jumping ship just because in the last 2 weeks there were no profits makes absolutely no sense at all. If you looked closely at his results you should know that there was only 1 losing month (and even then only slightly) in those 14 months of relevant data. And more importantly - that doesn't mean he's increasing balance and losing equity just to keep the numbers look pretty. With him balance = equity.

We can discuss how much money I made a couple of months later if you want to. I'm running slightly increased risk at about 2 until I get the feel for it going forward live and later I'm inclined to increase it some more which should still be completely safe.

Comment

Originally posted by daileycon

Your posts are so long and put everyone to sleep.
          Feel free to skip them and accept my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by daileycon

Your posts are so long and put everyone to sleep.
            We are sure getting a lot of grumpiness here lately!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cheers,
            Rod

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
              Purposed changes to SimpleTrader so far!
              1. Number of Subscribers to each strategy
              2. Ranking algorithm (Average Max Drawdown -- to --- Average Monthly Profit)
              3. Warning Labels (Monthly Drawdowns, Martingale, Grid, Holding losses)
              4. Show all systems ( disable the ability to delete the previously offered signal)
              5. Assets under Management ( funds following system)
              Calculate the drawdown on the signals history. Currently there are loads in the top 20 that have faked drawdown numbers either from dodgy brokers, or simply disconnecting at times of heavy drawdown so it gets hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by primi View Post

Right. Let's try some math then.

Let's try to calculate Geometric average return (monthly) for all relevant months.

Geometric average return = ((1+4.08%)*(1+5.15%)*(1+3.83%)*(1-0.34%)*(1+1.29%)*(1+1.90%)*(1+0.78%)*(1+0.72%)*(1+ 2.38%)*(1+0.94%)*(1+0.82%)*(1+0.26%)*(1+0.12%)*(1+ 0.06%))˄1/14 - 1 = 1.56%

All relevant months meaning all months that were traded and excluding months that he traded with much increased risk. Geometric average return is 1.56% per month and not 0.00% like you saw on myfxbook. Maximum DD during this whole period was 1.57% (this one is a bit difficult to judge but I think it should be right).

That's not "very little profit"! You can scale it up to say 5% DD via risk multiplier and you end up with 5% monthly return. Now tell me how is this "very little profit"? I'm all for a healthy debate but don't just come here throwing some numbers around that you found on myfxbook. You need to understand how it's calculated and what that means for your series of data. It could mean some manual labor like I had to do but at least you end up with a correct number and better conclusions.

Now I'm only human and perhaps I made a mistake. Care to prove me wrong?

If you look closely you can spot one other thing that is of some concern though. I'm not going to point it out but if somebody spots it we can discuss.

EDIT correct a mistake, it's 14 months and not 11 so average goes down from 1.99% to 1.56% return monthly
                Hey Primi

Just wanted to say, really appreciate the effort to explain this stat, and your honesty on this forum is quite refreshing.

However, you never going to win, trolls have one objective, and that is to extend the debate indefinitely, as every reply is like heroin to a crack addict.

It is exactly why I dont bother to communicate here.

​​​​​​Just dont feed them, and eventually they move on.

Enjoy your weekend,

Charlie

Comment

I looked at your closed trades and i see that there is no strategy behind it. You just take a position and hoping to get a few pips profit.

I don"t do drugs
                  primi It only took two seconds, and this clown proved my point.

Comment

I wish people could stay on topic in these forums and not feel that they have to respond to every little detail of criticism.

Comment

Working...
                    X