Outside the Box High Risk -- the white buffalo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by primi View Post
    About this "rules - no rules" thing. You can have them or not and it's really up to you as long as you're doing what you're doing right now. As soon as you move to institutional I don't think "no rules" will be allowed. They will absolutely want to know what the risk is and you will be obliged to work within that. That's the reason I even made a post the other day on your other thread. Exceeding agreed risk is a no no. I believe Satang is trying hard to get into other spheres and he had to adjust his trading to fit within a 5% max DD rule (from memory). I don't care about any other aspect of your trading really except to know what the risk is. So you can be outside the box or whatever. But not in terms of agreed risk.

I don't have any experience with trading for institutions obviously but from what I read and heard over the years I believe your "no rules" approach might just not work with them. Or is your experience perhaps different?
    Yes I know.
    Remember, Everyone, this is a very small part of my overall trading.
    It is high risk, and it is not meant to have a huge part of your risk capital invested in it. I put $500 in and said "let's see how this goes". If my max drawdown is 15-20% on the main account, then I should be able to run 4x risk and achieve greater side profits.
    I belong to the same semi-institutional Emerging Fund Manager program that Satang is participating in.

It's with AxiSelect: https://psyquation.com/app/#!/home/leaderboard
    You can find me at #1 for Accelerator phase and I think Satang is already in the Pro Phase.
    5% max drawdown is with The5%ers program, and I tried that too, and guess what? It really limited my strategy and profits.

And the max drawdown there is 10% per month and 20% overall drawdown.
    So ok, if I want bigger allocations and the more "professional investors" then I live by their terms. Simple.
    When I trade for myself and carry subs along with me, I trade on my terms. And I have stated my terms very clearly, and they are working out very well for everyone.

“Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

Outside the Box - Myfxbook
    Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying
    Outside the Box - MQL5 Trade Copying
    Outside the Box - ZuluTrade (performance fees & trade copying)

Comment

Hedgebitcoin is jealous since their own signal which was highly touted a long time ago crumbled and collapsed. They broke their own rules just as many other SPs here and cost their clients alot of money. Now they have nothing else better to do than to troll other traders in this forum since they couldnt keep up their own. So interesting enough, everything they accuse other SPs even honest SPs of doing he already accomplished for himself. Time for them to move on to better things...

Comment

Originally posted by NextGen4FX View Post
        Hedgebitcoin is jealous since their own signal which was highly touted a long time ago crumbled and collapsed. They broke their own rules just as many other SPs here and cost their clients alot of money. Now they have nothing else better to do than to troll other traders in this forum since they couldnt keep up their own. So interesting enough, everything they accuse other SPs even honest SPs of doing he already accomplished for himself. Time for them to move on to better things...
        Oh I didn't know all of this.
        1. What was the signal name?
        2. Did he use another name at that time?
        3. Is there any forum postings discussing that Signal / that time?
        4. where can I find more information about the trader / Hedgebitcoin?

I'm seeing more of the whole picture now. Heaps of psychology going on here (projection issues). With which I am very familiar being a trader and ex husband. It's very important to know THYSELF and know the market in this Forex world. That's why I'm not shy to tell it like it is and deal with realities that other people think are off limits.

I hate blown accounts, but even failure is part of eventual success. I had 4 blown accounts early on, and it caused tremendous upheaval in my life, and that's why I was so determined to master this whole industry over time, even if it took forever.
        “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

Outside the Box - Myfxbook
        Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying
        Outside the Box - MQL5 Trade Copying
        Outside the Box - ZuluTrade (performance fees & trade copying)

Comment

Originally posted by NextGen4FX View Post
          I am not trolling. Since I was going to follow him, I asked some simple questions when his account went past the 50% drawdown. Basically no rules apply here. It shouldn't be a surprise though right?

https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...829#post103829

Put the edge in your hands.
          Crypto MarketMaker Robot
          Github - Contact for Verified Trading History

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post

I am not trolling. Since I was going to follow him, I asked some simple questions when his account went past the 50% drawdown. Basically no rules apply here. It shouldn't be a surprise though right?

https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...829#post103829

Thats a question that has been answered over and over again. Don't mind me saying but just a bit of due diligence on this signal and its all over the place as to what happened with the DD and how it was handled. Again, what this SP has to offer is better than what over 95% has to offer here on ST. Wouldn't you agree? Yes, crap happens as it always does but the strategy seems to show excellent control of drawdown over a long period of time and he seems to follow his rules which is very important. I don't mean to be critical of you but I think taking a stab here was not the greatest choice. I dont defend by any means but when I see honest effort, I pay respect where respect due.
            Last edited by NextGen4FX; 10-21-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X