Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by veron5959 View Post
    Hi guys, I am running ST on AXITrader, the NZDCAD trades did not execute. It seems that they are not providing the pairs for trading on AxiTrader which is annoying. Did anyone experience this too?
    Although I don't currently follow this trader, I've checked My AxiPro account and You are correct, NZDCAD isn't there. I also have all pairs shown in market watch as well. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by GaryFX; 01-23-2014, 12:34 AM.

    Comment


    • Guys

      I thought it would be good to mention the pairs i trade, so that you will be better informed. I trade all the 28 pairs. Of course that are trending.

      The following is the list

      "USDCHF" "GBPUSD" "EURUSD","USDJPY","USDCAD","AUDUSD","EURGBP",
      "EURAUD","EURCHF","EURJPY","GBPCHF","CADJPY","GBPJ PY","AUDNZD",
      "AUDCAD","AUDCHF","AUDJPY","CHFJPY","EURNZD","EURC AD","CADCHF",
      "NZDJPY","NZDUSD","GBPCAD","GBPNZD","GBPAUD","NZDC HF","NZDCAD"

      pairs like EURCHF etc do not trend much (atleast offlate), so you can say such pairs are not active in my trading
      Last edited by SmartTrader; 01-23-2014, 04:14 AM.
      Trade the market, not the trader

      Comment


      • Great work on the recent NZDCAD trades Vijay.

        I'm now up almost 20%

        https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/s...dingorg/719702
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

        Comment


        • Vijay, could you please check your PMs? Thanks!

          Comment


          • Vijay just trying to manage my risk with Smart. 26% was previous drawdown. But are you more cautious now? I remember you mention something like this before.

            Comment


            • Vijay, I'm trying to figure out the gains vs risk for each currency pair in your myfxbook. Can you explain why:

              -if I select only EURAUD symbol, profit is $418.78 and gain is 0.4%
              -if I select only NZDCHF symbol, profit is $108.57 and gain is 6.97% ?
              Last edited by adele; 01-26-2014, 04:47 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by adele View Post
                Vijay, I'm trying to figure out the gains vs risk for each currency pair in your myfxbook. Can you explain why:

                -if I select only EURAUD symbol, profit is $418.78 and gain is 0.4%
                -if I select only NZDCHF symbol, profit is $108.57 and gain is 6.97% ?
                Think why will it be like that adele. What can it be? The only thing is the capital change. NZDCHF would have earned 108 when the capital was less and EURAUD would have earned 418 when the capital was more. Thats why the % shows like that.

                eg. if you earn 100 when the capital was 1000 its 10%. you earn 200 when the capital was 20000, its 2%.

                But the capital was never less then 1500. 108.57 at almost 7% is wrong, i can say that. How did you calculate this? Unless you say this i cant know where the problem is.
                Last edited by SmartTrader; 01-26-2014, 09:17 AM.
                Trade the market, not the trader

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                  Vijay just trying to manage my risk with Smart. 26% was previous drawdown. But are you more cautious now? I remember you mention something like this before.
                  Yes BRM, i am more cautious now. 26% was the time i was trading 4 pairs at the same time. That means 4 basket of trades. Now i am trading 2 (usually). very rarely 3 and almost never 4. My DD goes beyong 10% once in a while, say 3-4 months once. If you have observed after joining LFT the DD went to 13% only once. Its been 4 months now.
                  Trade the market, not the trader

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                    Think why will it be like that adele. What can it be? The only thing is the capital change. NZDCHF would have earned 108 when the capital was less and EURAUD would have earned 418 when the capital was more. Thats why the % shows like that.

                    eg. if you earn 100 when the capital was 1000 its 10%. you earn 200 when the capital was 20000, its 2%.

                    But the capital was never less then 1500. 108.57 at almost 7% is wrong, i can say that. How did you calculate this? Unless you say this i cant know where the problem is.
                    I thought I saw that figure earlier but I can't see it now. Anyway, thanks for the explanation.

                    Comment


                    • Looking for trades on GBPCAD and CADJPY

                      GBPCAD : Long
                      CADJPY : Short
                      Trade the market, not the trader

                      Comment


                      • Imporant note :

                        There is some deposit in to my account. So my lot size will be 0.14. If anyone is using lot multiplier please update it. Also try to always use risk as a % terms. You can get the same and better lot sizes with % and deposits and withdrawals will not affect your trading.

                        For now, i adjusted the lot size to be normal. I will give sufficient time for subs to update the lot multipliers.
                        Trade the market, not the trader

                        Comment


                        • We missed the GBPCAD trade by 7 pips, after that it went to 200 pips up. Missed chance.
                          Trade the market, not the trader

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                            We missed the GBPCAD trade by 7 pips, after that it went to 200 pips up. Missed chance.
                            There is a nice Sell RO Swap 1.30 GBCAD , Catch the next one.

                            Comment


                            • HI All

                              Ended january month with 5.09%. Looking forward to see another great month.

                              Currently looking for trades in CADJPY, USDCAD and AUDJPY

                              bias :

                              LONG:
                              USDCAD

                              SHORT :
                              CADJPY
                              AUDJPY
                              Last edited by SmartTrader; 02-03-2014, 10:40 AM. Reason: Bias was shown wrongly
                              Trade the market, not the trader

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                                HI All

                                Ended january month with 5.09%. Looking forward to see another great month.

                                Currently looking for trades in CADJPY, USDCAD and AUDJPY

                                bias : All are short
                                And yet we're somehow long USDCAD?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X