Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vijay,

What are your thoughts on the pair now based on today's events and possible reversal on the daily chart?

My entry into the basket was delayed bc of margin/fifo so my BE is averaged at 1.7962.

Thanks,

Comment

• If we have a big basket open, would it be better if the strategy was changed to book profits by closing some of the profitable trades and then immediately re-opening new ones? This would allow us to preserve our gains. The most we would lose is the spread..

Comment

• Why on earth would he change a system that has been working for well over a year???? You can do this manually if you want Adele.

Comment

• Don't take it for granted but I think next stop is 1.803 so that should be above our TP? I've got some of my own money on it as well so fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
            Don't take it for granted but I think next stop is 1.803 so that should be above our TP? I've got some of my own money on it as well so fingers crossed.
            Hmm, not sure it's going up anymore. If it is it's sure making hard work of it. In any case my trade is at BE, will leave signal trades to be managed.

Comment

• As for me, I closed 3 last GA trades manually (for breakeven). I don't like going into weekend with GA long, the swaps are going to be huge...

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                Why on earth would he change a system that has been working for well over a year???? You can do this manually if you want Adele.
                What would we lose aside from the spread? Loss will be small compared to the potential gain. Anyway, it was just a suggestion.

Agreed it can be done manually. I can close the profitable trade(s) and manually open a new one, but the new one wouldn't close at the same time as the master.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anton123 View Post
                  As for me, I closed 3 last GA trades manually (for breakeven). I don't like going into weekend with GA long, the swaps are going to be huge...
                  Actually the swaps for the weekend are done on Wednesday night so if your worried about swaps Friday isn't the day to close.

Comment

• Hey Guys, you would have observed that i am not around in the trading room last two or three days, the reason being i want to concentrate only on managing the DD, if i come and talk to people my decisions might be changed, so i am keeping quiet and doing what i am supposed to do. Please do not take this in any other way, i will communicate my decisions through forum. Currently we are at 6% DD, from 16% its a good position, i know at certain stage we are just around 1% DD, closing at that level would have been good too. But we ll never know what could happen so i waited for the BE. Anyways i ll wait patiently for the BE, if its not happenning then i will try to close below 5%, any level will be better. We need to accept that during tough times we do get losses.

I am very grateful for few people who trusted me and replying to others in the forum, i am very thankful for the confidence guys.
                    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Thanks for filling us in Smart. I am happy to answer newbie questions when you are busy trading for sure!

Of course we can all micromanage the trades if we want to as well which is what I do sometimes....but usually its less stress for me to just leave it to you

Have a good weekend!

What other pairs are you currently looking at Vijay?

Comment

• I am looking at CADCHF - long and EURCAD short atm BRM.

Comment

• Vijay,

All of the seasoned subs understand its best for signal providers not to get involved in the panic chatter during DD, and you are a true professional for not doing so. Hopefully eventual risk off trade beings to materialize more next week and weakens the AUD.

Have a great weekend.

Comment

• Hi Guys,

I have closed 2 trades in loss to reduce the margin and also, if the price drops from here, i dont want to book huge losses. We were at 16% DD, anything under 5% would be cool, lets see how it goes. I am managing the trades manually and no EA is running on GA trades are ignored by the EA.

I am also looking at CADCHF long and EURCAD short atm.

Comment

• Vijay

Hi ST
                              where r u residing from

Comment

• Originally posted by manick View Post
                                Hi ST
                                where r u residing from
                                Bangalore, India Manick.

Comment