No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK after a reread, the question about the expected return is a bit irrelevant but the question about whether a broker is suitable or not, isn’t.
    neither is the Q on drawdown:
    myfxbook states drawdown 26.85%
    myfxbook DD barchart states end of day closed DD 17%
    this website states max open DD 35%
    after reading 40 pages of this thread: 'expect max DD 20%'
    max loss booked 10%

its confusing for someone who is not a trader to make an investment without learning how to trade, so that’s exactly what I will do.

in the mean time it would be good to follow a decent trader like yourself…all the best

Comment

• Originally posted by arkoon View Post
      First post...
      I hope Vijay will not answer and let you do your homework...
      Study the myfxbook and estimate/calculate your risks, potential profits, ...
      Let him trade...
      What a lovely welcome to an understandably confused potential subscriber. You get unofficial "facepalm award" for that courtesy of moi.

Bigbird, fxopen UK is a good broker for just about anything. Depending on your volume trading costs can get incredibly low too. Not exactly sure about swaps though because I'm not holding positions overnight on my own account I have with them (trading other things there).

Comment

• Hi big bird. Apologies I missed your post. I ll try to clear your doubt's. Myfxbook shows 26% did. That's real and that occurred an year ago. Don't believe in bar chart. In the signal page we r showing the risk as 35%. Yes we don't want subs to take enormous risks and blow their accounts. Thanks for reading the forum posts. I stated the max did as 20% because now a days I am trading conservatively so 20% dd should give me sufficient breathing space. However don't take risk in such a way that u ll blow your account if I cross 20 n go to 22. Give some buffer for yourself. And maximum booked losses 10. What it meant is that when things go wrong n I wait for a turn around n still in the stipulated dd limits, and my system says trend changed then I booked losses around 10%. I don't wait forever when my system says things changed. I keep a sl n sticks to that n book losses.
        Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
          What a lovely welcome to an understandably confused potential subscriber. You get unofficial "facepalm award" for that courtesy of moi.

Bigbird, fxopen UK is a good broker for just about anything. Depending on your volume trading costs can get incredibly low too. Not exactly sure about swaps though because I'm not holding positions overnight on my own account I have with them (trading other things there).
          All his questions have been answered here, on DF, and everywhere on internet. He could even email ST for this. Why bother the trader with every time the same questions?
          Give him free lunch without educating him, it is the best way for him to loose (overall) in FX.

Anyway, seems I am the only one bothered by this, so, up to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by arkoon View Post
            All his questions have been answered here, on DF, and everywhere on internet. He could even email ST for this. Why bother the trader with every time the same questions?
            Give him free lunch without educating him, it is the best way for him to loose (overall) in FX.

Anyway, seems I am the only one bothered by this, so, up to you.
            Neh I am also bothered by this.. Cause these subs are mostly the ones to start complaining first cause they didn't do their research.. Resulting in potentially destabilizing the trader and we all get affected by it.

Comment

• I think someone has voiced this problem of your signal.

You should not be using your Master account which is a PAMM to give signal. It will never give a accurate reflection of your trades to those who signed up. People in your PAMM withdraw and deposit money whenever they want, and your lot size in your pamm changes when that happen.

Those people using your signals will be affected. Now maybe this problem is ok because there is NO big withdraw and deposit. What if someone withdraw a big sum in the midst of your dd and then you open a new trade, the lot size would be smaller for your master pamm because the pamm master has less money BUT for those people using signals would be affected and will not reflected properly.

The problem will come one day. So if you do not change your master, I will not sign up. Why wait for the problem to come and not solve it now?
              Last edited by WorldPeaceCookie; 07-12-2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WorldPeaceCookie View Post
                I think someone has voiced this problem of your signal.

You should not be using your Master account which is a PAMM to give signal. It will never give a accurate reflection of your trades to those who signed up. People in your PAMM withdraw and deposit money whenever they want, and your lot size in your pamm changes when that happen.
                I see your point. Why not use a demo account for the signal?
                I understand the feeling that the trader should be trading real money, preferably their own, but I think anybody that has done their homework can see that Vijay is a responsible trader with good risk control.
                If you read the forum carefully, you will also realise why Vijay is unable to trade a live account with his own money.

Comment

• A demo account as master is the best solution.. you can copy the trades locally to your pamm and it avoids the laws that vijay otherwise would violate.

Comment

• Originally posted by WorldPeaceCookie View Post
                    I think someone has voiced this problem of your signal.

Those people using your signals will be affected. Now maybe this problem is ok because there is NO big withdraw and deposit. What if someone withdraw a big sum in the midst of your dd and then you open a new trade, the lot size would be smaller for your master pamm because the pamm master has less money BUT for those people using signals would be affected and will not reflected properly.

The problem will come one day. So if you do not change your master, I will not sign up. Why wait for the problem to come and not solve it now?
                    No one can withdraw or deposit in the PAMM when i have trades, those rules are like that. Yes i am not liking the fact that people are withdrawing or depositing, but being an Indian i am not able to open a live account with good money either. I dont want to go to a demo account either, because people wont have confidence to follow a demo account. Let me find out a solution for this.
                    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• I wouldn't change anything. But I'm superstitious. What you could do for those that are more precious than most is locally copy the master to a demo account. Otherwise you just show Nicks account anyway as that is the perfect representation of what a signal sub can expect. People cannot withdraw or deposit during open trades so I don't know what the cookie is smoking.

Sent from Uranus

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                        I wouldn't change anything. But I'm superstitious. What you could do for those that are more precious than most is locally copy the master to a demo account. Otherwise you just show Nicks account anyway as that is the perfect representation of what a signal sub can expect. People cannot withdraw or deposit during open trades so I don't know what the cookie is smoking.

Sent from Uranus
                        Yes BRM you're right but some people do use lot multiplier. Since the lots can change between trades based on deposits or withdrawals, anyone using the lot multiplier option would have to be constantly checking the master and predicting the size of the next trade and adjust accordingly.
                        This is completely impractical.

As long as 'lot multiplier' is an option on the ST software, the master account does need to be relatively consistent

Comment

• Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                          Yes BRM you're right but some people do use lot multiplier. Since the lots can change between trades based on deposits or withdrawals, anyone using the lot multiplier option would have to be constantly checking the master and predicting the size of the next trade and adjust accordingly.
                          This is completely impractical.

As long as 'lot multiplier' is an option on the ST software, the master account does need to be relatively consistent
                          Thanks you for able to understand the problem. Im not trying to make this difficult and I love Smart trader but would not join because of this problem.

BRM, pls understand the problem before you comment that Im smoking something. Nick's account or whoever account will be affected that link the signal to ST master which is a pamm. This is a real problem that need a solution. Of course there is an answer to this without smart trader doing anything BUT Nick will not agreed to it and I will not even share this idea here so is good that Smart trader think if a solution soon.

A demo is a good solution for the Signal. I hope Smart Trader find a solution for this soon and not ignore it anymore. Better to find a solution before a problem happened and cause more upsetting with people.
                          Last edited by WorldPeaceCookie; 07-13-2014, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• There is absolutely no reason to use lot multiplier since the multiplier by balance option was given. Your much safer to use that.

But each to their own lets just all make money together.

Sent from Uranus
                            Last edited by Big River Man; 07-13-2014, 03:37 AM.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I am unconvinced by any of the reasons that have been given for using the lot multiplier option. If risk multiplier were universally adopted, I don't think the problems currently being envisaged would arise.

Like Vijay, I am very, very skeptical about using demo for signals. It would give completely the wrong impression to new subscribers for a start.

In addition, any demo that Vijay opened would not be consistently provided with the same feeds as a live account. We had this problem when FxAmp was popular as a signal about a year ago. The quotes received on that demo were unrealistically good, often out of range for subs by the time they reached the slave account and the slippage was consistently high, with the consequence that there was constant debate and bickering about poor fills and missed trades.

One of the hidden benefits of both Smart Trader and Smart Scalper is that Vijay's master account has poor spreads. This means that, unlike almost every other signal offered online, anywhere, subscribers get good or better fills than the Master with either no slippage at all or, more typically, positive slippage. This is extremely unusual (not to say highly advantageous to all of us) and it would be a serious error to change it, in my opinion, when the problems expressed recently can easily be addressed by using risk instead of lot multiplier.

Roger
                              Last edited by RogerM; 07-13-2014, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RogerM View Post
                                Hey Guys,

I am unconvinced by any of the reasons that have been given for using the lot multiplier option. If risk multiplier were universally adopted, I don't think the problems currently being envisaged would arise.

Like Vijay, I am very, very skeptical about using demo for signals. It would give completely the wrong impression to new subscribers for a start.

In addition, any demo that Vijay opened would not be consistently provided with the same feeds as a live account. We had this problem when FxAmp was popular as a signal about a year ago. The quotes received on that demo were unrealistically good, often out of range for subs by the time they reached the slave account and the slippage was consistently high, with the consequence that there was constant debate and bickering about poor fills and missed trades.

One of the hidden benefits of both Smart Trader and Smart Scalper is that Vijay's master account has poor spreads. This means that, unlike almost every other signal offered online, anywhere, subscribers get good or better fills than the Master with either no slippage at all or, more typically, positive slippage. This is extremely unusual (not to say highly advantageous to all of us) and it would be a serious error to change it, in my opinion, when the problems expressed recently can easily be addressed by using risk instead of lot multiplier.

Roger
                                I agree with everything that you've said here Roger. But again... As long as ST provides a lot multiplier option, the signals must make it usable. If this is no longer an option in the software then there's no issue here. But as long as it's available it must be supported.

Are there demo accounts with fixed (wide) spreads? Perhaps Vijay can use one of these

Comment

Working...
                                X