No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO using poor spread accounts should be an expectation on all scalper type master accounts. These can ensure that subscriber get the same result at least and forces team traders not to close positions too early.

Comment

• Lot multiplier is very good feature. This is the only way for accurately managing accounts that follow multiple team traders or just one. The risk multiplier based on balance can give as wrong results in the case of one team trader as well. If the trader keeps open a basket on a pair and trades other pairs the balance can vary. This situation can lead to an unbalanced basket.

Comment

• Smart Trader

I think the best risk option would be a third case. Risk based on a virtual account value. E.g. on a 10k account I would give 10k virtual value and does not matter what is the size of the master or client account. This risk values should be set dynamically to keep the value that was set by the client. More benefits take into account on creating a portfolio by following more than one trader. E.g. 10k can be separated into two parts. So 2x risk can be set on trader A on an 5k virtual value and 1.5x risk can be set on trade B on the other 5k account. After changing the real balance these virtual values can be readjusted by subscriber. E.g. after growing the 10k account to 12k the two parts can be 6-6k, or there would be a room for a third team trader to follow with virtual value set to 2k.
        Last edited by Zoli71; 07-13-2014, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RogerM View Post
          Like Vijay, I am very, very skeptical about using demo for signals. It would give completely the wrong impression to new subscribers for a start.

In addition, any demo that Vijay opened would not be consistently provided with the same feeds as a live account. We had this problem when FxAmp was popular as a signal about a year ago. The quotes received on that demo were unrealistically good, often out of range for subs by the time they reached the slave account and the slippage was consistently high, with the consequence that there was constant debate and bickering about poor fills and missed trades.

One of the hidden benefits of both Smart Trader and Smart Scalper is that Vijay's master account has poor spreads. This means that, unlike almost every other signal offered online, anywhere, subscribers get good or better fills than the Master with either no slippage at all or, more typically, positive slippage. This is extremely unusual (not to say highly advantageous to all of us) and it would be a serious error to change it, in my opinion, when the problems expressed recently can easily be addressed by using risk instead of lot multiplier.

Roger
          Thanks so much for this post. I am now retracting my suggestion of using a demo account.
          I was unaware of the important points you have raised.
          Thanks for taking the trouble to enlighten a newbie.
          This site is so much more than just a signals site, it is building into a real community.
          I hope I can contribute in a more useful way, once I have some experience under by belt.

Bill

Comment

• Considerable pain is going on when my account balance is changing. I will make sure that the balance does not change again. Demo account will be my last option. I will try all other possible way to mitigate this issue. I will try to have a real account and and make sure that the balance does not change in future.
            Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• A demo account is only used to copy the trades and is not used as a reference one can still use the pamm as a reference or nick's account. Cause that represents the subscribers' results the most.

Everybody knows a demo has no slippage and get's instantly executed and that's also it's strength as a master account since the signal will instantly be send to subscribers.. With live account the signal is send after a broker has accepted a trade.. This can often be 1 second or more before the trade is accepted and therefor a signal is send to subscribers and we all know the closer smaller the delay the better.

As mentioned.. FxAmp used a demo as master and I found that a great idea and insured best execution times for the subscribers.. The ones that compared slippage of live accounts vs demo are the ones that needs to educate themselves a bit more.

@RogerM Your post sounds very egoistic since you try to exclude ones that find benefit in using lot size multiplier.. And the only reason I see is because you don't use it and don't see a need for a change to include the ones that does use lot size multiplier.. A simple solution either in a fixed none withdrawal/deposit balance or a demo has been suggested.. The arguments to not use demo have simply no effect on the results of the trades.. In fact I am willing to bet that if Vijay runs both a live account and a demo account as master.. And subs can subscribe to the demo or live account that the ones subscribing to the demo account will have better results.
              Last edited by Zuttasoxx; 07-13-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zuttasoxx View Post
                In fact I am willing to bet that if Vijay runs both a live account and a demo account as master.. And subs can subscribe to the demo or live account that the ones subscribing to the demo account will have better results.
                I am not willing to bet...

If your idea is feasible it would need to be tested and the results compared.
                Giving a choice of signal source to subscribers, especially new ones, would only confuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillHuppert View Post
                  I am not willing to bet...

If your idea is feasible it would need to be tested and the results compared.
                  Giving a choice of signal source to subscribers, especially new ones, would only confuse.
                  I said IF so hypothetically speaking. I was just trying to make a point. To have two subs would be ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zuttasoxx View Post
                    I said IF so hypothetically speaking. I was just trying to make a point. To have two subs would be ridiculous.
                    Understood. The point you make about live versus demo is valid though. No offence intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                      Considerable pain is going on when my account balance is changing. I will make sure that the balance does not change again. Demo account will be my last option. I will try all other possible way to mitigate this issue. I will try to have a real account and and make sure that the balance does not change in future.
                      Thanks. You are really someone on top of this game.

Comment

• Update :

I will be looking to trade

AUDNZD short

NZDUSD long.
                        Last edited by SmartTrader; 07-14-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• I am currently subscribed to Smart scalper. I am considering subscribing to Smart Trader. Is there a discount available if I subscribe to both signal services ? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by genki7 View Post
                            I am currently subscribed to Smart scalper. I am considering subscribing to Smart Trader. Is there a discount available if I subscribe to both signal services ? Thanks
                            Hi Genki,

Thanks for your interest on both the signals. However we currently do not have any discount on this. Discounted rates were withdrawan a month ago.

Comment

• Hi Vijay... just one doubt: why did SmTr placed a third trade on NZDUSD but it didn't for AUDNZD, which has stretched even more?

Regards!

Comment

• Originally posted by VictorTous View Post
                                Hi Vijay... just one doubt: why did SmTr placed a third trade on NZDUSD but it didn't for AUDNZD, which has stretched even more?

Regards!
                                I take trades based on the waves taken out Victor. In case of AUDNZD, the next wave is not crossed yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X