No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone confirm when the USDCHF order was actually opened? It wasn't prior to news was it? Was the USDCHF position opened during that massive 1min candle like the 2nd NZFCHF trade? I absolutely cannot believe our luck here. On the upside the EURNZD closed with good profit but doesn't matter if your account is margin called 3 seconds later..

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
      Can anyone confirm when the USDCHF order was actually opened? It wasn't prior to news was it? Was the USDCHF position opened during that massive 1min candle like the 2nd NZFCHF trade? I absolutely cannot believe our luck here. On the upside the EURNZD closed with good profit but doesn't matter if your account is margin called 3 seconds later..

Yes it was within the minute of the news. It looks Vijay was gambling with this issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
        Can anyone confirm when the USDCHF order was actually opened? It wasn't prior to news was it? Was the USDCHF position opened during that massive 1min candle like the 2nd NZFCHF trade?
        Answer: YES...Amateur, Rookie, Children, posing as professional traders.
        Last edited by jprize; 01-16-2015, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmontes View Post
          Hi Peter, I understand what you mean. Just this week I lost 78k, with an investment of 215k. I have been 3 years and this is not the first loss of this size. All hard earned money. Vijay today did what other traders do, taking the trades just before the big movement and not managing the risk (not even SL). I am done.
          This is almost word for word my story as well. I too am done. The risk:reward just doesn't cut it, given that months/years of gains can be wiped out in hours/days. Thankfully I have some money left so will treat this as an expensive education.

Goodbye and good luck everyone.

Comment

• Hey guys am extremely sorry for the situation. It was a disaster decision taken by the central bank. It came as a surprise n there was no chance to exit the trades at certain loss. The gap was too huge. However I have been monitoring the trades n trying to b calm. I can't close the trades at this level. I 'll wait for the calmness before I do something. I myself am losing big money in this. I am at the same pain as you guys. I may not be available in chat room
            Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Guys, for god's sake... Vijay clearly wasn't in front of his terminal while Black Swan appeared... SmartTrader is an AUTOMATED system that AUTOMATICALLY opens trades at predefined levels once a basket has started and/or according to the behavior of his technical indicators... This could have happened to anyone, even Viper, in the case he had traded any CHF pair.

* http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/blackswan.asp

Originally posted by gmontes View Post
              Hi Peter, I understand what you mean. Just this week I lost 78k, with an investment of 215k. I have been 3 years and this is not the first loss of this size. All hard earned money. Vijay today did what other traders do, taking the trades just before the big movement and not managing the risk (not even SL). I am done.
              Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
              Can anyone confirm when the USDCHF order was actually opened? It wasn't prior to news was it? Was the USDCHF position opened during that massive 1min candle like the 2nd NZFCHF trade? I absolutely cannot believe our luck here. On the upside the EURNZD closed with good profit but doesn't matter if your account is margin called 3 seconds later..
              Originally posted by gmontes View Post
              Yes it was within the minute of the news. It looks Vijay was gambling with this issue.
              Originally posted by jprize View Post
              Answer: YES...Amateur, Rookie, Children, posing as professional traders.

Comment

• Originally posted by VictorTous View Post
                Guys, for god's sake... Vijay clearly wasn't in front of his terminal while Black Swan appeared... SmartTrader is an AUTOMATED system that AUTOMATICALLY opens trades at predefined levels once a basket has started and/or according to the behavior of his technical indicators... This could have happened to anyone, even Viper, in the case he had traded any CHF pair.

* http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/blackswan.asp
                Well It's probably not true that he wasn't in front of his terminal... If it is true that his EA opened the trades as news was impacting the market...that's a really good reason to never again allow an EA trader to lose my hard earned money.

Comment

• Unscheduled news... yep... nothing can be done against that... sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by VictorTous View Post
                    Unscheduled news... yep... nothing can be done against that... sorry.
                    Be real dude... He took the trades as the news was breaking, because he thought the market overreacted .... Rookie screwup

Comment

• Yes it was unscheduled. If it was scheduled I would have closed the trades when we were at 2% profit level. It is just unluck to be in the chf trades. I had even told someone recently saying chf is being protected by central bank. So it's safe. So many hedge funds are in havoc because of this news. Just unbelievable
                      Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Keep it together Vijay dig your way out mate those of us who have been around a few years know that this can be a damage limit exercise and remember what confusions said when in deep water become a diver good luck Vijay I mean that sincerely druid

Comment

• Nice Spam Andy...You should consider selling alarm systems to recent robbery victims.

Comment

• The reality is that, like so many other high yield-high risk, this system just lost nearly 2 years worth of gains in a few minutes... Black Swan...maybe....Unpredictable... maybe. So if you believe there will never be another Black Swan... then carry on.

Comment

• Is that all, or have I missed something?
                              Do you plan on making a thoughtful announcement about this situation?

Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                              Yes it was unscheduled. If it was scheduled I would have closed the trades when we were at 2% profit level. It is just unluck to be in the chf trades. I had even told someone recently saying chf is being protected by central bank. So it's safe. So many hedge funds are in havoc because of this news. Just unbelievable

Comment

• Ah, seeing this now...

Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                                Hey guys am extremely sorry for the situation. It was a disaster decision taken by the central bank. It came as a surprise n there was no chance to exit the trades at certain loss. The gap was too huge. However I have been monitoring the trades n trying to b calm. I can't close the trades at this level. I 'll wait for the calmness before I do something. I myself am losing big money in this. I am at the same pain as you guys. I may not be available in chat room

Comment

Working...
                                X