Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PipsMilker View Post
    ICmarkets are even worse !
    After I lodged a trade inquiry with them on Thursday they got back to me today and guess what ?! instead of crediting my account which has suffered an extreme loss ( -29K) they debited my account another 5k !
    I'm taking this further and lodging an official complaint against them. Any broker that does not follow the rules, protecting their clients, offering deep liquidity should not be in business !
    On what trades pips miker? NF or UF?

Comment

• Alright.. Here it is coming. What are you gonna do before the meeting with smarttrader? Just see what happens..? Hedge?

I don't really know where this is going...

Comment

• At the bottom of this article is a reporter who wants to speak to people who have been burnt in forex.

Investors around the world haven’t lost their appetite to trade in the post-financial-crisis era. But instead of playing the sharemarket, they fancy themselves as global currency traders. That has been propelling the growth of retail foreign exchange broking into a $380 billion industry, doubling since 2007.

This also seems interesting to avoid a negative account Balance when sharp moves occur by being with a Broker that is both A-Book and B-Book broker.

I myself am not aware if this is accurate however it would be good to look into considering what alot of people are experiencing at A-Book brokers only. (Negative Account Balances).
        Last edited by genki7; 01-21-2015, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• Hey Vijay, wondering do you plan to hedge before ecb?

Comment

• No, i do not hedge before ECB. if they go with the QE program, then i will hedge and book some profits to reduce our overall loss. if they dont go with QE, i might add to the existing positions and try to reduce the DD.
            Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
              No, i do not hedge before ECB. if they go with the QE program, then i will hedge and book some profits to reduce our overall loss. if they dont go with QE, i might add to the existing positions and try to reduce the DD.
              You mean the reverse, I think... because if there's NO QE, this will be against expectations, so the franc will go UP, and therefore USDCHF will go down, against us => hedge.
              And if there IS QE (what is expected by market), then the EUR will go UP, and the franc will go DOWN, so USDCHF up, that's what we'll need => no hedge.

Comment

No, i do not hedge before ECB. if they go with the QE program, then i will hedge and book some profits to reduce our overall loss. if they dont go with QE, i might add to the existing positions and try to reduce the DD.
                I am only an observer at this point, but Vjay, you have stated several times , both here and in private messages that both your signals are U>S> broker compliant. Now you say you may hedge.. Just one of many examples of traders here saying one thing and doing the opposite.

Comment

• He will trade the market I am not worried leave him to see the facts. If you are better take charge of your account and do not follow. US accounts is another story if hedge is not allowed. nc!

Comment

• Thanks Vijay. Level minded plan for a smart trader! Best of luck to you.

Comment

Ofcourse its a sad situation to be in, but its not a trading fault, thats what i believe.
                      Of course, it's a trading fault. You traded the Forex Market (and without any stoploss). It's a trading fault. Moreover, you tend towards solving a technical originating decision by a fundamental approach. It's not compatible.
                      I really hope for you and everybody's money that you will reduce your drawdown. But the probability (Forex is just a matter of probabilities) that you increase your drawdown now is high.
                      Another advice : if you have experience on this Market (i mean true experience), you know that adding orders on losing positions is really a bad idea...

Comment

• Damn 58% now guys, getting really worried, thought we had a lot of room to move bu the markets are going really crazy at the moment. I want to sail this ship out of rocky waters but it gets so hard once you in this amount of drawdown

Comment

• ST what leverage ur getting with ur broker? many brokers have reduced leverage on all chf pairs including u/chf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                            Damn 58% now guys, getting really worried, thought we had a lot of room to move bu the markets are going really crazy at the moment. I want to sail this ship out of rocky waters but it gets so hard once you in this amount of drawdown
                            Yeap. Certainly scarey. Have heard some experts saying it could hit 0.80. I bailed at 48% dd. The chf and nzd have given me pain lately. I am going to disable those pairs.
                            Last edited by dazz1975; 01-21-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sensor66 View Post
                              Vijay, the last two open trades have been opened after the disaster: Buy NZDCHF and Buy USDCHF, on the master both at exacly 2015/01/15 09:30:53. (On my account later, with a very bad fill, at the top or even above the candle.)
                              What are these two trades? Were they open orders? At what level?
                              I do not get an answer, so I quit, taking my huge losses. Cannot risk any more money into Thursday ECB press conference. So sadly also have to quit SmartTrader.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sensor66 View Post
                                I do not get an answer, so I quit, taking my huge losses. Cannot risk any more money into Thursday ECB press conference. So sadly also have to quit SmartTrader.
                                They were opened at the same level as my master sensor.
                                Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

Working...
                                X