No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers big river... Yeah I'm definitely <1. I've seen grid go grossly wrong also... Regardless all the best all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't understand how but I'll take that ANY DAY, TIME and place. Look >>>GBPAUD.jpg
      $-49.77 Total on the GBPNZD basket trades, some people said they made profits . I don't see how when the PIPS are more negative than positive unless they JACKED up the Risk. I don't care about them profiting really because the GBPAUD trade you made covered GBPNZD trades with +$92.73+1.85GJ-49.77= $44.81 for the day NOT complaining at ALL. You did the job you didn't cut it off going against us. You stayed with us and the trades and that's what counts...
      I do wish you would have changed the TP lines back to what they were yesterday. I think there is more room down but Hey it's NFP week I take it as you were being safe but. Good looking out for us...

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by EricB View Post
        I don't understand how but I'll take that ANY DAY, TIME and place. Look >>>[ATTACH=CONFIG]466[/ATTACH]
        $-49.77 Total on the GBPNZD basket trades, some people said they made profits . I don't see how when the PIPS are more negative than positive unless they JACKED up the Risk. I don't care about them profiting really because the GBPAUD trade you made covered GBPNZD trades with +$92.73+1.85GJ-49.77= $44.81 for the day NOT complaining at ALL. You did the job you didn't cut it off going against us. You stayed with us and the trades and that's what counts...
        I do wish you would have changed the TP lines back to what they were yesterday. I think there is more room down but Hey it's NFP week I take it as you were being safe but. Good looking out for us...

Thanks
        Hey Eric

thanks, Yes i made small profit out of GBPNZD trades and you didnt bec you are following at fixed lots, if i am not mistaken. My lot sizes varied on the basket of trades, but yours were not, as i suspect, thats why you did not make profit with GN basket. i always recommend risk in % terms. you can always convert your fixed lots in to risk multi, try that if possible.
        Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Hey all,

We exited the GN basket at BE, hope all are feeling well.

Well, we got 7% DD after a long time, almost 6 months now after seeing the same DD. i will avoid this in future, how? read on...

As i have mentioned earlier, i look to enter trades in certain pairs, i usually be looking at 2-3 charts max, but this time i was looking at 4, each of the pairs has a priority, 1-4. I took trades on the priority-4 pair and hence the DD. Last 5 months or so i stuck to 2 or 3 pairs and they gave extremely low DD. i am going to follow the same approach and keep the DD at minimum. Thanks for all you staying calm.

Comment

• Thanks for the update Smart.

Comment

• Next set of trades

AUDJPY Long
              GBPAUD Short
              NZDJPY Long

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                Hey Eric

thanks, Yes i made small profit out of GBPNZD trades and you didnt bec you are following at fixed lots, if i am not mistaken. My lot sizes varied on the basket of trades, but yours were not, as i suspect, thats why you did not make profit with GN basket. i always recommend risk in % terms. you can always convert your fixed lots in to risk multi, try that if possible.
                I'm not on Fixed anymore - I risk 2 with Max lots at .12. Still doesn't matter what the lots were if they were fixed or not. the NEG pips out weight the positives as I said before the only way someone could have made profits if the lot size was jacked up (doubled) or (Tripled) than the original 3 trades were. My account was in Mild DD with other trades going on, so the trades wouldn't have been any where near what you were trading @ .22 Either way doesn't matter to anyone but me so it's done over with Let's move on the next trades....

Look at my Myfxbook and to be honest there's no way I would ever take off max lots I will increase it but not take it off. Prime example Viper's 25 standard lot trade. Mistakes happen

Comment

I'm not on Fixed anymore - I risk 2 with Max lots at .12. Still doesn't matter what the lots were if they were fixed or not. the NEG pips out weight the positives as I said before the only way someone could have made profits if the lot size was jacked up (doubled) or (Tripled) than the original 3 trades were. My account was in Mild DD with other trades going on, so the trades wouldn't have been any where near what you were trading @ .22 Either way doesn't matter to anyone but me so it's done over with Let's move on the next trades....

Look at my Myfxbook and to be honest there's no way I would ever take off max lots I will increase it but not take it off. Prime example Viper's 25 standard lot trade. Mistakes happen
                  I see Nick's account made a nice profit both on GA and GN. and why did u get a loss in GN trades? something with your broker?

Comment

• Eric, It's just not true. I made profit and all I did was leave it risk 1. Your broker screwed you or you have the EA set to equity not balance. The negative pips outweighing the positive does not matter in this case. Plus the GA and the NJ we look good for this week

Comment

• Yeah to me POSITIVE pips outweighed the NEGATIVE, leaving out the currently opened NJ trade. overall in my master i got +30 pips.

Comment

• Ok so I had a quick look at both your myfxbook Eric and the master. The pip count is similar bit Eric your max lot size capped the majority of the basket whereas the master kept opening opening larger trades

Not saying the use of max lot size is right or wrong but that's the reason for the difference in profit

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Should set max lot size to about 0.40 Eric. No point making it so low, if Smart open a pair that is slower like EG or UC then the lots would be bigger anyways.

Comment

• you can keep the max lot size as 2 times of my starting trade, i.e if i open the first trade at 0.14, you can keep it at 0.28.

Infact you can be little free with the max lot size in my case, as my lot sizes are calculated by EA not manual. Usually lot sizes differ if you are a manual trader because of a typo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                              Should set max lot size to about 0.40 Eric. No point making it so low, if Smart open a pair that is slower like EG or UC then the lots would be bigger anyways.
                              ARe you crazy that's $4 usd per pip -/+ the direction of trade. Keep in mind my account size and what I've been through in the past. I'm not looking to get rich quick As long the sub fees are being paid for I'm okay with the slow return. With 3 providers set at medium risk levels and the way each trades the DD has been really good on my account hasn't gone above -$825 this year so far... I don't plan on that getting broken anytime soon. When I reach $9000 maybe...

Comment

ARe you crazy that's $4 usd per pip -/+ the direction of trade. Keep in mind my account size and what I've been through in the past. I'm not looking to get rich quick As long the sub fees are being paid for I'm okay with the slow return. With 3 providers set at medium risk levels and the way each trades the DD has been really good on my account hasn't gone above -$825 this year so far... I don't plan on that getting broken anytime soon. When I reach $9000 maybe...
                                you wont be trading at 0.40 lots Eric, its just a limit, you wont be going there, neither do i.

Comment

Working...
                                X