No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is triple swap day. All our current trades should get positive swap.
    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• AUDCHF, changed its trend according to my system, so i will be closing at some loss.

Will wait for AUDJPY for some more time. (trend hasnt changed yet on this)

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
        AUDCHF, changed its trend according to my system, so i will be closing at some loss.

Will wait for AUDJPY for some more time. (trend hasnt changed yet on this)
        I just checked; three AUDCHF trades are still open...

Comment

• Cheers Vijay,

Always good to know a trader's thoughts. Thanks for the update.

ATB - Roger

Comment

• That's right Anton.

Vijay will wait for a retrace and close. Check out the SL in the Trading Room.

Regards - Roger

Comment

• Hey Smart thanks for the heads up. So it looks like you will close AF @ breakeven and AJ slightly above breakeven only? AJ looks like it could retrace quite a lot from here the data today wasn't amazing. I'd be interested to know what Trade Alerter thinks on it too from a fundamental side of things. Is your TP set for AJ or will it change depending on your signals? I'm just wondering if it will go further up. But in all honesty I'm not a good trader or have an understanding on fundamentals either.

But it looks like we got hit by some of that Ukraine news last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                Hey Smart thanks for the heads up. So it looks like you will close AF @ breakeven and AJ slightly above breakeven only? AJ looks like it could retrace quite a lot from here the data today wasn't amazing. I'd be interested to know what Trade Alerter thinks on it too from a fundamental side of things. Is your TP set for AJ or will it change depending on your signals? I'm just wondering if it will go further up. But in all honesty I'm not a good trader or have an understanding on fundamentals either.

But it looks like we got hit by some of that Ukraine news last night?

Hi BRM

Yesterday night i thougt of closing AUDCHF at loss and even now if it goes down i will do the same. if i can exit at BE, well and good. The system had already given me the trend change, so i was just waiting and observing the charts, even a 5 or 10 pip against us, i would have booked losses.

Yes there are political tensions and all the stuff that are going on, It may turn around or it may go down. I do feel that it will come back in to good profits, but i cant wait and keep the trades for profit. This is not a wait and see system, its a mechanical system and i have my own rules devised. And i follow them. So the system tells me to book losses in AUDCHF and i will do the same. We can get back those losses in two or 3 trades actually. So not a problem.

P.S
                For all those who thinks this system is just a grid and i just average for profit, this is the great example trade. i do not have much loss to book loss here, It was just 3%, still i am booking losses, Earlier once i had waited till 7%. Which Grid trader closes his trades at 3% loss? anyways, dont need to convince anyone.
                Last edited by SmartTrader; 04-25-2014, 02:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                  For all those who thinks this system is just a grid and i just average for profit, this is the great example trade. i do not have much loss to book loss here, It was just 3%, still i am booking losses, Earlier once i had waited till 7%. Which Grid trader closes his trades at 3% loss? anyways, dont need to convince anyone.
                  Well said Vijay,

I noticed some comments in the trade room about Smart Trader 'gridding' in to the losses. You're absolutely right - no self respecting grid/martingale system would fold at 3%. Part of the deal with trade subs is that you will constantly be having your ankles nibbled in this way. One of the reasons I respect your approach is that you don't appear to get too hassled by that and you listen to your indicators instead.

Your attitude to this minor equity drawdown is exemplary and I hope it does indeed put the queries about Smart Trader as a hold and hope strategy to bed. (Somehow, I fear it may not...)

Keep up the good work pal.

Roger

Comment

• Hey Vijay,

thanks for updating the thread RE current trades, lets see how this goes

Comment

• Hey Vijay, i see we out of the CHF basket at a small profit, many thanks for the green pips, just waiting for the jpy now

Comment

• I like it when the outcome is better than announced.

Comment

• Wow there must be something I'm missing because None of those trades were profitable. Swaps wasn't even enough to cover the toilet paper.
                          Next month looks a lot better I think.... . but let's think about this for a moment... April Fools day now becomes Aprils Fools month in Forex. in the bonds and stock markets they say stay away in MAY. Will this be the saying for forex markets as well. I hope not...

Look forward to better trades next month I think were all taken for fools this month.
                          Last edited by EricB; 04-25-2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Hey Eric,

Not sure why none of those trades were profitable for you, unless you have fixed lot sizes.

You should have emerged roughly break even from the basket with one of the three trades offsetting the losses in the other two.

Regards - Roger

Comment

• Eric, this is because of fixed lot you are using, stop blaming anything but yourself if you will stick to the fixed lot principal
                              SmartTrader achieved nearly the same results like last month and it is not done yet
                              The trader did what he is supposed to do and made the expected profits, not his fault you are ruining his style with your money management
                              i beg you to use risk multiplier for once

Well done SmartTrader

Comment

• I call BS again. Its literally not possible to have none of those trades profitable. I made profit on the AUDCHF

Comment

Working...
                                X