Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! First EricB, now Erikkr
    Last edited by VictorTous; 05-13-2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erikkr
      Yes,i think you have a lot of friends
      Hi Erikkr,

Friends will be there if you are good to them. you wont have friends if you use foul language. I just ignore you and do what i am supposed to do.

Good luck in your future.
      Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• no the point of me making Vijay aware i had closed off his basket is so he is aware i am of little importance, so that if someone else posted that was still in the basket they would be helped out in front of me,

i am far from smart, espically when it comes to FX.

as it turns out im now back in the basket with a trade, do i offend less now Erikkr?

edit - an after all the bare fact is i actually just respect Vijay as an experienced trader and value his opinions on FX pairs, yes i asked for his opinion,
        Last edited by dupapa; 05-13-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• I also closed most of the basket last week. I still think there will be good profit here, tonight big news. Good luck Vijay. Doing well mate

Comment

• Seems like tonight news did not help the GA trades...

Comment

• Have to say that this is a pretty painful trade right now. The UK news is not helping for sure. What's our exit criteria?

Comment

• Hi All

I know the situation is bad, i am constantly looking at the charts and i will try to exit at minimal loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                  Hi All

I know the situation is bad, i am constantly looking at the charts and i will try to exit at minimal loss.
                  Thanks for being on top of it Vijay, however I'm sure people would find it reassuring to find out what your plan is should the pair continue to move down. Is there a point where you will cut the basket?
                  Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    Thanks for being on top of it Vijay, however I'm sure people would find it reassuring to find out what your plan is should the pair continue to move down. Is there a point where you will cut the basket?
                    Yes Nick, thats definitely going to happen, i am going to cut the trade at certain level, its very close now. The fact that GBP has been so strong for couple of months now, my indicators are still showing the trend hasnt changed, Ofcourse we are in huge DD, and the news went against us. I will definitely going to close this soon.

Comment

• Ouch.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Smarttrader. Can you close it piecemeal and then hedge the rest. In other words, try to basket out some of the losses instead of a full loss reducing overall losses.

Comment

• I'm sure that Vijay has a plan and we should trust him as the decision maker ( that is what we pay him for, right??? ), but as Nick says, it does help to know about what the actions will be and the criteria.

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong Vijay but it seemed like it you last comment that were implying that you intend on "closing this soon". Do you mean the whole basket? Would love to hear some other peoples thoughts on a strategy to trade out of this...I just don't have the experience to offer anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Des View Post
                              Smarttrader. Can you close it piecemeal and then hedge the rest. In other words, try to basket out some of the losses instead of a full loss reducing overall losses.
                              I appreciate you're concerned Des, but please let him trade the way the system was designed to trade. The fear of loss is what causes most forex traders to come unstuck and ultimately lose their accounts.

This isn't a devastating drawdown and it's nothing we haven't seen before.

You can't achieve 5-10% returns per month without the occasional drawdown.

Vijay - Only close the trades if you believe it's the best course of action. Not because subscribers are freaking out.

I'm not personally worried until we get out past 20%.
                              Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Well said Nick.

If you look at the daily people, we are sitting around 2.5 standard deviations from the mean (which also comes in around a 50% retracement of this swing) also we are hitting into a reasonable level of demand now. From a technical standpoint, it would not be unreasonable if we can cease the fall here, to expect a retracement to the 1.8 area given time.

Looks like BE is now 1.8 btw with that extra bullet fired in.

Good luck Vijay,

Pots
                                Last edited by Potter; 05-14-2014, 01:47 PM. Reason: another bullet fired

Comment

Working...
                                X