Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys,

Now that we are out of the market before the big news weekend, we should sleep properly. One thing i want to tell you guys here.

Even though we were at 10+% DD this time, i was not worried much because my system was telling me nothing changed. Of course we were in DD. If i went by my mehthod we would have made 5-10% profit with this big basket. Look at CHFJPY, NZDJPY and USDJPY. All are in our favor. This is the only thing that changed the way i used to trade and the way i exit now. i used to wait and i used to book profits about 5-10% in one go. Thats why in the early part of the year i have made huge profits and now not so much. I will be little more aggressive in 2015, i will target 75-100% per year targets with the same 25% Max DD. Nothing wil change except in exiting the trades and i will keep informing through the forum.

Thanks again for all the support.
    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
      Hey Guys,

Now that we are out of the market before the big news weekend, we should sleep properly. One thing i want to tell you guys here.

Even though we were at 10+% DD this time, i was not worried much because my system was telling me nothing changed. Of course we were in DD. If i went by my mehthod we would have made 5-10% profit with this big basket. Look at CHFJPY, NZDJPY and USDJPY. All are in our favor. This is the only thing that changed the way i used to trade and the way i exit now. i used to wait and i used to book profits about 5-10% in one go. Thats why in the early part of the year i have made huge profits and now not so much. I will be little more aggressive in 2015, i will target 75-100% per year targets with the same 25% Max DD. Nothing wil change except in exiting the trades and i will keep informing through the forum.

Bring it on! 60% per annum is pretty banging, so anything extra over is supreme.

Comment

• Smart trader,How would you trade on one acc st and ss.I want midium to low risk.Maybe 0.65x st and 0.20x ss.Thank you

eur acc
        Last edited by Fxtsunami; 12-11-2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• This is the setback of the forum. Traders get affected. But great work SmartTrader and thanks for a great year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Fxtsunami View Post
            Smart trader,How would you trade on one acc st and ss.I want midium to low risk.Maybe 0.65x st and 0.20x ss.Thank you

eur acc
            That should be good fxtsunami. These risk settings are also affected by any other traders you are following.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Another great job, Vijay! I didn't write anything because I always trust you and your system!

It's a good plan for 2015 , even if in the beginning of the topic you stated that the max DD is 20% and not 25% , is it still valid ?

Thank you to you !

Comment

i will target 75-100% per year targets with the same 25% Max DD.
                congratulations for last trades!

Maybe I am wrong but I wrote on my notes that you have an EA monitoring a cut off at 20% maxDD% (not 25%), could you please clarify this please?

This is important because I use this info to calibrate my risk factor

thank you in advance and congratulations again!

Comment

• Originally posted by BMM View Post
                  congratulations for last trades!

Maybe I am wrong but I wrote on my notes that you have an EA monitoring a cut off at 20% maxDD% (not 25%), could you please clarify this please?

This is important because I use this info to calibrate my risk factor

thank you in advance and congratulations again!
                  I said 25%. Didnt i?

Comment

I said 25%. Didnt i?
                    Might be worth bookmarking the post between peeper and you:
                    https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/s...ll=1#post21433

I do consider that all commercial Signal offerings should be very clear on such matters. I'm sure others concur.

Cheers

Comment

I said 25%. Didnt i?
                      thanks for fast answering!

Originally posted by SteveOSling View Post
                      Might be worth bookmarking the post between peeper and you:
                      https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/s...ll=1#post21433

I do consider that all commercial Signal offerings should be very clear on such matters. I'm sure others concur.

Cheers
                      thanks to you too, I agree , I don't understand why this info are not highly visible in the signal presentation in bold and big typing

This is not a critic to Vijay, of course, but a suggestion to Nick's team, I am speaking in a more general way for all the signal providers. To have to look in forum to find this info having always the risk to not have the latest release of the info is absurd

Comment

• This is a major issue, I think for signal followers... When traders do change their max DD. whatever it may be 99%, 50, 30, 100%... The signal description should change. So when followers want to view information , its updated and present, otherwise things could get nasty and messy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waleed121 View Post
                          This is a major issue, I think for signal followers... When traders do change their max DD. whatever it may be 99%, 50, 30, 100%... The signal description should change. So when followers want to view information , its updated and present, otherwise things could get nasty and messy.
                          Where did u see 20%?

Comment

Where did u see 20%?
                            I don't remember but if I wrote 20% on my notes when I did the analysis of the signal I suppose to have found it somewhere

As Waleed said one single point with updated and reliable info should exist without any doubt. Keep it simple

Again this is not a criticism to Vijya, just a suggestion for the structure of the website

Comment

Where did u see 20%?
                              Vijay I'm just mentioning when signal providers change DD levels it will need to be changed in description. One follower said he believed you mentioned 20%? now you mention 25%? If the signal description was upto date I don't think this would be an issue.

EDIT: This is obviously not your fault, just a clear measure that needs to be addressed. I have already addressed this to the ST team. They haven't picked this up.
                              Last edited by Waleed121; 12-12-2014, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• All,

I think the answer to this is quite simple. There should be 2 categories:

Max Historical DD (already on main FS page)
                                Max Strategy DD

The main Forex Signal Team Traders marketing webpage should always display the above as should the 1st post of the Trader's threads within the forum. Both should always be up to date, no excuse for them not to be.

This should be compulsory for all endorsed signals - it's not intended as a dig at you Vijay.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X