Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Waleed121 View Post
    Vijay I'm just mentioning when signal providers change DD levels it will need to be changed in description. One follower said he believed you mentioned 20%? now you mention 25%? If the signal description was upto date I don't think this would be an issue.

EDIT: This is obviously not your fault, just a clear measure that needs to be addressed. I have already addressed this to the ST team. They haven't picked this up.
    I have been telling people to treat the max risk as 20-25%. Even though i touched only 17% in the last 14 months here in ForexSignals, i never advise subs to take more risk. So better to keep my max risk as 25% during the most critical times and take risk appropriately. At 25% i will cut the trades without waiting further.
    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
      Hey Guys,

Now that we are out of the market before the big news weekend, we should sleep properly. One thing i want to tell you guys here.

Even though we were at 10+% DD this time, i was not worried much because my system was telling me nothing changed. Of course we were in DD. If i went by my mehthod we would have made 5-10% profit with this big basket. Look at CHFJPY, NZDJPY and USDJPY. All are in our favor. This is the only thing that changed the way i used to trade and the way i exit now. i used to wait and i used to book profits about 5-10% in one go. Thats why in the early part of the year i have made huge profits and now not so much. I will be little more aggressive in 2015, i will target 75-100% per year targets with the same 25% Max DD. Nothing wil change except in exiting the trades and i will keep informing through the forum.

Thanks again for all the support.
      Hi Vijay: 2013 monthly performance was more that twice average performance 2014. Did any think change on the trading to generate this difference? It was you mention on this note that you used to take some additional profit from the trades?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmontes View Post
        Hi Vijay: 2013 monthly performance was more that twice average performance 2014. Did any think change on the trading to generate this difference? It was you mention on this note that you used to take some additional profit from the trades?
        Yes gmnotes. I used to take more risk n I also used to trade 4 pairs at a time n I used to wait for profits when there was DD n not cut at break even. Now I trade mostly 2 pairs at a time rarely 3 n when I am in 3 trades are more, I am cutting one or two early n take profits only on the third. This reduced the risk n the profits as well. But it's safer n consistent now

Comment

• Hi Vijay,

I am Yogesh from chennai, Im a new bee here like to invest in IC markets but got few queries
          1. How to do the fund transfers to the IC markets account from the banks in India.
          2. Will paypal accounts ease any difficulties of online transfers

I know you are a trader not a support team im asking these as you are a local. It would be helpful if you could guide me on these...

Please mail me to yogeshcom08@gmail.com

Comment

• Yogesh,

Welcome. Best would be to ask these question to the live support on the simple trader website.

Comment

• Originally posted by peeper View Post
              Yogesh,

Welcome. Best would be to ask these question to the live support on the simple trader website.
              yup i know this is a question to the live support but as the smart trader is also from india, i assume that he might know the easy & best way to transfer the funds..

u know, Banks in india is not like western banks.. Hope Smart trader/Vijay understands it better...

Comment

• Vijay/SmartTrader. You know I hope there was no offence to you, your signal is great and one of the few consistent, profitable, reliable signals here that is making money and low DD. However what was with the massive buy/sell on the JPY? I saw many positions and felt it was a bit of a gamble? Correct if im wrong. Personally I would run you / Viper together on an account - one day!! :-) Happy Xmas and New year all.

Comment

• Until that * one day* you should not write here bull shit and you should stay with viper and not come here and put preasure on trader.

Comment

• Waleed does have a point. This basket was the most highly correlated one I have seen to date. There was some big news and events plus also liquidity drying up. It definitely felt more risky as trading yen pairs is basically just like trading only yen. Got very very lucky with NZD and Wheeler. Could just as easily been 20% drawdown. I do think this should be addressed and critiqued. At the end of the day Vijay will make money by continuing to be profitable, but even more money if he is profitable and safe as big money will follow him via managed fund. If something like last basket happens a lot then that big money will leave. For sure. This was the first time in over 1 year that I wasn't comfortable. The extreme correlation meant that the swing between drawdown and profit felt more like Smart Scalper than Smart Trader. Something to ponder.

Comment

• If i remember good our max dd on forex signals was aroun 12 %,but myfxbook shows 6.9%.How is this possible?

Comment

• I think myfxbook only counts it at the end of day

Comment

• Hi Vijay

Am Panneer from India chennai. How can I learn from you. My mail id is panneer_easwaran@yahoo.co.in

Comment

• Originally posted by Yogesh View Post
                            Hi Vijay,

I am Yogesh from chennai, Im a new bee here like to invest in IC markets but got few queries
                            1. How to do the fund transfers to the IC markets account from the banks in India.
                            2. Will paypal accounts ease any difficulties of online transfers

I know you are a trader not a support team im asking these as you are a local. It would be helpful if you could guide me on these...

Please mail me to yogeshcom08@gmail.com
                            Hi Yogesh,

i can not really help you on this matter. its legal issue and do not want to comment on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                              Waleed does have a point. This basket was the most highly correlated one I have seen to date. There was some big news and events plus also liquidity drying up. It definitely felt more risky as trading yen pairs is basically just like trading only yen. Got very very lucky with NZD and Wheeler. Could just as easily been 20% drawdown. I do think this should be addressed and critiqued. At the end of the day Vijay will make money by continuing to be profitable, but even more money if he is profitable and safe as big money will follow him via managed fund. If something like last basket happens a lot then that big money will leave. For sure. This was the first time in over 1 year that I wasn't comfortable. The extreme correlation meant that the swing between drawdown and profit felt more like Smart Scalper than Smart Trader. Something to ponder.
                              Vijay hasn't commented on what we've mentioned. I mean I'm not following but when I had a look it was quite uncomfortable watching those trades accumulating to 1Lot considering an account balance of below 10k USD. I didn't think Smart Trader signal does that. Nonetheless it's a successful signal for trend movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fxtsunami View Post
                                Until that * one day* you should not write here bull shit and you should stay with viper and not come here and put preasure on trader.
                                Not putting pressure on the trader. My claim was valid. If English isn't your native language I suggest you use google translate for your own good and maybe tone down your language.

Comment

Working...
                                X