• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure he is awake...but what can he say, really

Comment

• Originally posted by jprize View Post
      I'm sure he is awake...but what can he say, really
      No that's not quite true; Vijay almost always is ready to take heat; especially in this case it's NOT HIS FAULT (or that's what I believe anyway).

What I prefer, is his opinion and confirmation: does he hold the open positions by choice, or simply because he isn't aware of the crash?

Comment

• Originally posted by emmanuel137 View Post
        Just been on to fxcm. They say moves were legitimate so trades stand. I am truly shafted. Cannot see how it is ever going to be possible to make any money from forex. Every provider makes money until they don't and these kind of moves will happen over and over - they are completely unpredictable. I had gone down to just ST and SS on reduced risk after catastrophic losses last year, but now this shows that nowhere is safe. Unless FXCM have a change of heart I can't see how this is anything other than the end of the road for me. If anyone else is with FXCM and has any success please do let me know!
        emmanuel137 at what exchange rate your trades were closed?

Comment

• Vjay actually took a GBPCHF long in smartscalper about an hour ago, so I expect he is awake... Again, I didn't say anything is his fault, but I can't believe he is sleeping through this.

Comment

• Originally posted by jprize View Post
            Vjay actually took a GBPCHF long in smartscalper about an hour ago, so I expect he is awake... Again, I didn't say anything is his fault, but I can't believe he is sleeping through this.
            You are aware that his systems are automated (EA), right?

He only takes over if things go pear-shaped, such as now. But in saying that of course he will check his systems whenever he can, except when he's sleeping...

He is sleeping through this (possibility) because I believe the news event was unscheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
              emmanuel137 at what exchange rate your trades were closed?
              0.8895 usdchf
              0.6867 Nzdchf

Comment

• John Webb marketnews.com
                22:14:12
                EBS SAYS MARKET LOW FOR EURO/SWISS FRANC ON ITS PLATFORM IS 0.8500 FRANCS PER EURO EURCHF=EBS, CONFIRMS MISS-HIT AT 0.0015 EURCHF=EBS - RTRS
                22:14:54
                SNB CHAIRMAN JORDAN SAYS INFLATION OUTLOOK FOR SWITZERLAND IS LOW
                15-Jan-2015 12:11 - SNB CHAIRMAN JORDAN SAYS IF NECESSARY SNB WILL REMAIN ACTIVE IN FX EXCHANGE MARKET TO INFLUENCE MONETARY CONDITIONS
                15-Jan-2015 12:13 - SNB CHAIRMAN JORDAN SAYS LOWERING INTEREST RATES WILL MITIGATE EFFECTS OF DECISION TO END CAP ON FRANC
                "You have to learn the rules of the game, and then you have to play better than anyone else."

Albert Einstein

Comment

• Guys if this is a genuine repricing of the CHF currency under what circumstances can we expect our brokers to reimburse or compensate us? I also lost a lot on this but we need to know did Vijay try to close manually but could not, or his Stop Loss wasn't honoured etc? I believe this may have been the case for Trade Alerter and Killanmajaro. But not sure for Smart Trader. If we were just on the wrong side of a market correction can we really expect much in terms of compensation from our brokers?

Comment

• I'm out, closed all manually, the news conference doesn't seem to provide any traction one way or another. One thing I learned in this game: staying 'alive' for the longer run is of paramount importance. I'm down 7% for the year, but I'll live to fight another day (if I am not spooked enough to quit altogether).

Good luck guys, may xxxCHF shoot to the sky tomorrow!

Comment

• on fxpro my trades were closed at:
                      0.84306 usdchf
                      0.60445 nzdchf
                      0.6290 nzdchf

Comment

• Originally posted by TradeAlerter View Post
                        John Webb marketnews.com
                        EBS SAYS MARKET LOW FOR EURO/SWISS FRANC ON ITS PLATFORM IS 0.8500 FRANCS PER EURO EURCHF=EBS, CONFIRMS MISS-HIT AT 0.0015 EURCHF=EBS - RTRS
                        15-Jan-2015 12:11 - SNB CHAIRMAN JORDAN SAYS IF NECESSARY SNB WILL REMAIN ACTIVE IN FX EXCHANGE MARKET TO INFLUENCE MONETARY CONDITIONS
                        15-Jan-2015 12:13 - SNB CHAIRMAN JORDAN SAYS LOWERING INTEREST RATES WILL MITIGATE EFFECTS OF DECISION TO END CAP ON FRANC
                        Vijay in my system your operations are open. Are you taking control on this issue. What to do?

Comment

• Has anyone in Alpari UK? Is the price correct there?
                          We need to do any action? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by vinny View Post
                            Has anyone in Alpari UK? Is the price correct there?
                            We need to do any action? Thanks.
                            Seems to be no trading at Alpari for the CHF crosses. Every CHF pairs are grayed out.

Comment

• Vijay,
                              do you have some comments on the current situation? Do you try to dig out from this situation? As I see the master account is up and running regarding the CHF crosses but the Alpari (I do not know about the others). Currently (regarding HotForex) the price is much better then the frozen ones on the Alpari. Maybe there would be a bigger correction after this disaster? I do not know when will be available the CHF pairs on Alpari but I do not think that pulling out the plug would be the best scenario. So, I'm with you Vijay. I'm still following you.
                              Considering to put a hardSL by simpletrader.

Comment

• Originally posted by TradeAlerter View Post
                                John Webb marketnews.com
                                Vijay, you are handling this situation at the account. What can we expect???

Comment

Working...
                                X