• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please answer

Comment

• Nicks journey: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Nick...nalscom/719702

Comment

• Originally posted by fazalksa2 View Post
        This is due to Nick's broker. My ST trades on AxiTrader are still perfectly open. Of course, in a big drawdown, but not even close to margin call (margin is around 1000%).

Comment

• Originally posted by Anton123 View Post
          This is due to Nick's broker. My ST trades on AxiTrader are still perfectly open. Of course, in a big drawdown, but not even close to margin call (margin is around 1000%).
          He was running on 2X that's why.

Comment

• I am not in any MC, DD is there, trader has not closed. I will keep positions open. Should retrace no SL or MC so no loss for traders account and mine. Risk mult. .7. A good plan to minimize the loss ... Trader will answer do not worry. nc!

Comment

• Nick wasn't running on 2x risk.. He just had a price quote that is 7000 pips lower then other brokers which margin called his account

On a side note.. It occured to me that smarttrader often gambles before a news release. The trade was placed just before the big jump.. Or am I mistaken?

Comment

• Hi

This leads to the question is there away to force a stoploss on trades even if the master account does not have one ?

Regards Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by Zuttasoxx View Post
                  Nick wasn't running on 2x risk.. He just had a price quote that is 7000 pips lower then other brokers which margin called his account

On a side note.. It occured to me that smarttrader often gambles before a news release. The trade was placed just before the big jump.. Or am I mistaken?
                  These CHF news were a total surprise. It was not scheduled (as news releases, such as NFP, are), and ST could not have a knowledge that the SNB is going to announce something at all...

Comment

• Originally posted by tsatsa View Post
                    Hi
                    This leads to the question is there away to force a stoploss on trades even if the master account does not have one ?
                    Stoplosses are useless when the price slips 7000 pips... they will never be executed where they are set.

Comment

• Hmmm... so only defence aginst this kind of freak happening is to not trade ?

Comment

• Alapri UK: Still no trading on CHF pairs but the price action is on our favor according to HotForex price. I also monitoring this: http://www.investing.com/currencies/usd-chf

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoli71 View Post
                          Alapri UK: Still no trading on CHF pairs but the price action is on our favor according to HotForex price. I also monitoring this: http://www.investing.com/currencies/usd-chf
                          Zoli71, Do you know why Alpari UK is unable to trading CHF pairs?

Comment

• Originally posted by tsatsa View Post
                            Hmmm... so only defence aginst this kind of freak happening is to not trade ?
                            To put it strictly, yes. Or at least avoid trading pairs involved with currencies on which unpredictable voluntaristic actions had happen in the past (CHF, JPY, RUB...)

Anyway, remember that the retail Forex was created to extort money from unexperienced people, not to make everyone rich

Comment

• Here is the answer of my broker finfx the situation was caused by the Swiss National Bank (SNB) decision to discontinue the minimum exchange rate of CHF 1.20 per Euro and at the same time lowered its interest rate to 0.75%. This lead to extreme volatility and extremely low liquidity especially in CHF pairs. Due to this reason, the major banks and other liquidity providers temporarily suspended trading in CHF pairs. As it was not caused by a technical error, FinFX cannot refund possible losses, missing profits or occurred slippages.

So i will let Vijay do his job.
                              Of course if he want to close the positions in loses I am ok with that

Go on Vijay! !!

Comment

• Originally posted by vinny View Post
                                Zoli71, Do you know why Alpari UK is unable to trading CHF pairs?
                                I have just get off the chat with Alapri support. I asked when will the CHF be available again. I did not get any valuable answer just these:

"unfortunately at the moment we will not be able to give you an estimate time"
                                "We are still reacting on the news : http://www.alpari.co.uk/client-updat...-and-cuts-rate and are doing our best to make trading available on CHF pairs again."

and this is the last one

Zoltan Koszegi:
                                what happens if the price moves against my favor while Alpari still does not feed CHF price???
                                Marine:
                                Unfortunately I cannot comment on this at the moment, however if you have any trade query, I kindly ask you to email us to support@alpari.co.uk quoting your account and trade number so we can investigate it for you.

Fortunately, the price is bouncing in our favour now. SmartTrader DD is went from about 44% to 36%.

Comment

Working...
                                X