No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys what you intend to do? Leave trades to go? I am completly lost and after dayfox... Geee:-(

Comment

• I will wait to reduce the drawdown.

Comment

• U think that it bounce back?

Comment

• How much dd are u ste3fan?

Comment

• Comment

• NZDCHF bounced back about 450pips from where the Alpari price has frozen. But I still have no any opportunity to intervene or doing anything because Alpari still does not trade any CHF pairs. The USDCHF is bounced back and forth about 420 pips... What Alpari does is ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by VictorTous View Post
                If you are so sure, please make yourself a favor: open a new live account and fire your biggest trades ever against the CHF now; go on, make your bet and be a millionaire
                Thanks God, I don't have to; I keep my current account well alive, even after those events...

CHF is now going to its REAL value, not anymore attached to the falling EUR.
                I cannot see any reason why one should buy a currency that not only does not yield any interest, but that you must PAY for keeping at the bank...

Comment

• Anyone have an idea how long Alpari could stay frozen for? Could it possibly go into next week?

Comment

• The TRUTH regarding Excel Markets and ANY OTHER broker who says "client losses are passed onto us":

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Just letting you know that we've been trying to get in touch with Vijay unsuccessfully for the past 10hrs.

We'll make sure he posts about the situation as soon as he's online.
                      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Hi Nick,

Are you in contact with Phil (Kilimanjaro)? Just curious as to what is his approach with Axi and his opinion on his closed CHF trades?

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        Hi Guys,

Just letting you know that we've been trying to get in touch with Vijay unsuccessfully for the past 10hrs.

We'll make sure he posts about the situation as soon as he's online.

Comment

• Guys the reason Vijay is not answering has to got to do with festival day in India. Particularly 15 Jan is big festival in south India where he resides (bangalore), so he maybe busy enjoying the day with family & friends without knowing any of this things happening. So, calm down as this is unavoidable thing which is not in control of any PRO trader & only we can accept what just we witnessed. I m sure once Vijay is out of festival mood or if somehow he gets to know whats going on in forex market he will surely look into this & reply back. However I dont know what he can do about it since no body holds key to get out of situations like this. Sorry for anyone who lost money & have decided to quiet the forex journey.

Comment

• Well guys, it's been a real blast... and only lost about 50K , but with anonymous traders controlling my hard earned money, and acting insulted when asked for proof of their credentials... I think I'm done with these guys.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

What a day. I just wanted to share that my last standing VIP account was just margin called and closed. Trading Smart Trader at 2x risk, with the master running at -3,500 pips, at 1:400 leverage well you do the math. So this brings me to the end of my trading journey. When I started with this asset class, I made a firm decision on a certain % of my portfolio to place in FX, with the hope that it would be a strong growth driver but also a hard stop if it would not work. So four years and $250K loot later, I'm done. Time to go play with other toys :-)

I've tried it all people. Fundamental analysis. Technical analysis. Order Flow. However I found that a full time job (that I love and am successful enough at to afford this in the first place) and this "hobby" are incompatible. So in late 2012 I stopped manual trading, took the 200K that remained at that point and decided to follow full-time traders instead. The first few (before SimpleTrader) were complete disasters, lost another 20-25K but I wrote that down as a "fee" to find this great site.

I sincerely felt I'd found something great with SimpleTrader. Nick and Will, fantastic, genuine guys and skilled team traders. Although I lost another 20-25K with a few random signals (SFS-PowerGrid, anyone?) I slowly learned how to be more selective picking traders, because as we know it only takes one big crash to wipe out months of gains... although 2014 was also filled a string of big losses - Kruger, Amplified, Day Fox... Anyway this wwas the final round: simplify and focus on only two of the best traders on this site, and make a fresh start in 2015. It didn't even last two weeks, and this time it was a complete wipe out, something I managed to avoid for 4 years with half-decent risk management :-o.

Look I don't blame anyone, not the traders (not even the ones that made some pretty dumb moves in 2014, I mean short SPX, really?), not the site, not even myself. I only consider myself fortunate to have dabbled in this asset class for this long, to give it a solid go and every chance of success. But today's events teaches me that (a) it's an incredibly difficult and high volatility market to successfully navigate, hats off to those who manage and (b) it's actually not that attractive vs other assets compared on equal leverage basis. FX appears very potent due to the high leverage (remember even 1:50 is very high leverage in most markets), but it is also exactly the same reason that makes it almost impossible to be successful in the long term. It is probably possible to succeed with much lower leverage, but then it is also not that much more attractive vs other investments risk vs reward.

Please don't flame or misunderstand me. These are nothing more than a few parting words from someone who has been in this game a few years, learned a lot along the way, had quite some fun (I have never let the losses bother me), and come to certain conclusions I wanted to share.

Over and out folks,
                              Peter Hemmi, a.k.a R35 :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by R35 View Post
                                Hello Everyone,

What a day. I just wanted to share that my last standing VIP account was just margin called and closed. Trading Smart Trader at 2x risk, with the master running at -3,500 pips, at 1:400 leverage well you do the math. So this brings me to the end of my trading journey. When I started with this asset class, I made a firm decision on a certain % of my portfolio to place in FX, with the hope that it would be a strong growth driver but also a hard stop if it would not work. So four years and $250K loot later, I'm done. Time to go play with other toys :-)

I've tried it all people. Fundamental analysis. Technical analysis. Order Flow. However I found that a full time job (that I love and am successful enough at to afford this in the first place) and this "hobby" are incompatible. So in late 2012 I stopped manual trading, took the 200K that remained at that point and decided to follow full-time traders instead. The first few (before SimpleTrader) were complete disasters, lost another 20-25K but I wrote that down as a "fee" to find this great site.

I sincerely felt I'd found something great with SimpleTrader. Nick and Will, fantastic, genuine guys and skilled team traders. Although I lost another 20-25K with a few random signals (SFS-PowerGrid, anyone?) I slowly learned how to be more selective picking traders, because as we know it only takes one big crash to wipe out months of gains... although 2014 was also filled a string of big losses - Kruger, Amplified, Day Fox... Anyway this wwas the final round: simplify and focus on only two of the best traders on this site, and make a fresh start in 2015. It didn't even last two weeks, and this time it was a complete wipe out, something I managed to avoid for 4 years with half-decent risk management :-o.

Look I don't blame anyone, not the traders (not even the ones that made some pretty dumb moves in 2014, I mean short SPX, really?), not the site, not even myself. I only consider myself fortunate to have dabbled in this asset class for this long, to give it a solid go and every chance of success. But today's events teaches me that (a) it's an incredibly difficult and high volatility market to successfully navigate, hats off to those who manage and (b) it's actually not that attractive vs other assets compared on equal leverage basis. FX appears very potent due to the high leverage (remember even 1:50 is very high leverage in most markets), but it is also exactly the same reason that makes it almost impossible to be successful in the long term. It is probably possible to succeed with much lower leverage, but then it is also not that much more attractive vs other investments risk vs reward.

Please don't flame or misunderstand me. These are nothing more than a few parting words from someone who has been in this game a few years, learned a lot along the way, had quite some fun (I have never let the losses bother me), and come to certain conclusions I wanted to share.

Over and out folks,
                                Peter Hemmi, a.k.a R35 :-)

Hi Peter, I understand what you mean. Just this week I lost 78k, with an investment of 215k. I have been 3 years and this is not the first loss of this size. All hard earned money. Vijay today did what other traders do, taking the trades just before the big movement and not managing the risk (not even SL). I am done.

Comment

Working...
                                X