No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hardly think we can be blaming Smart Trader for this.

Comment

• Alright.. Not blaming anyone, I just think some kind of a plan is mandatory here.

I don't like sub's to tell traders what to do, but I'll say this:

How about starting by hedging opened positions to give you time to think about what to do?

Then, AxiTrader seems to have acknowledged having misquoted prices. TradeAlert is currently awaiting an answer from them. SmartTrader's master account is with Axi. Thus how about waiting to see how axi reacts before wording what happened with SmartTrader in a way that would allow a compensation of sort?

And all I could add, is that I send all my support and good luck to come out of this without hurting too bad. SmartTrader didn't get margin called, neither did I, there is still hope to do something about it. So let's go ahead and be constructive.

(I know such comment won't take away the sense of doom some people feel, but I don't see the point of dropping the ball altogether)
      Last edited by peeper; 01-16-2015, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by peeper View Post
        How about starting by hedging opened positions to give you time to think about what to do?
        I don't see the point of holding on to these losing trades (NZDCHF and USDCHF). Close them now and if you believe that the price is coming back up, open new BUY trades. The damage is done - lick your wounds and move on.

Comment

• Vijay's head must be red hot right now, as most of us. I like his decision to take time to quiet down before making any decision. Hedging buys time.

I'd be happy to hedge my own account, but I can't monitor it for the next 12 hours and don't want to interfere with Vijay's decisions over that period.

Comment

• Originally posted by renexxxx View Post
            I don't see the point of holding on to these losing trades (NZDCHF and USDCHF). Close them now and if you believe that the price is coming back up, open new BUY trades. The damage is done - lick your wounds and move on.
            I second this. Hold onto it ONLY IF you believe there's an imminent bounce back. Otherwise, cut them loose and start planning for recovery. And by recovery I mean: trade normally, and (if at all possible) prevent this to ever happen again, although I doubt it's realistic. I believe this is nobody's fault.

The focus should be on resuming trade as per normal.

Comment

• Guys. You have to get over it. It was a freak moment in forex. The more pressure you put on Vijay the more chance of a rash decision although I think he is mentally tough.

I have blown my account and even though I am annoyed of losing alot of money for a person on my wage I have had a great experience watching how these trader trade. I am just hoping I can get reimbursed the bad miss quotes.

Really you have to go into this game conservative and mix up your portfolio. I am sure Vijay will be back to his best after this mentally scaring CHF sorts itself out.

Goodluck to you all.

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

• What we got here is a huge gap. It's just a panic gap. I am not saying it 'll go back up entirely. But it may go up to certain levels. Let's take a decision when the clouds are clear
                Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• well.....at least we got positive swap. right? right. hey! that's something. i mean if we were to buy anywhere near here and then all we need is 500 pips and we're out breakeven.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                    Hey guys am extremely sorry for the situation. It was a disaster decision taken by the central bank. It came as a surprise n there was no chance to exit the trades at certain loss. The gap was too huge. However I have been monitoring the trades n trying to b calm. I can't close the trades at this level. I 'll wait for the calmness before I do something. I myself am losing big money in this. I am at the same pain as you guys. I may not be available in chat room
                    Hi Vijay, I request you to provide me with data at what level and time the positions were tried to close. My broker opened me the possibility to deal with them if I can provide this information. Please be open with me and share this closing trial info for the positions openned. At what time the closing order request was issue?

Comment

• I'm still connected to Vijay through Alpari, but CHF pairs are still frozen here. The real prize seems to be better than the frozen ones. I don't know what is the problem with Alpari. Maybe there is something he is hiding from its clients...
                      So, while Alpari does not let trading any CHF pairs and Vijay do anything with it I (and every subs who is with Alpari) will lost the connection with the master account.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmontes View Post
                        Hi Vijay, I request you to provide me with data at what level and time the positions were tried to close. My broker opened me the possibility to deal with them if I can provide this information. Please be open with me and share this closing trial info for the positions openned. At what time the closing order request was issue?
                        at no time.. Vijay says he can't as in his not willing to close at these levels since he thinks the gap will shrink..

Comment

• Originally posted by gmontes View Post
                          I did not try to close the trades gmnotes. I had kept only the tp. You can check simple trader log
                          Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                            well.....at least we got positive swap. right? right. hey! that's something. i mean if we were to buy anywhere near here and then all we need is 500 pips and we're out breakeven.
                            Yes, but 500 pips is a huge move for CHF (in normal trading). While I'm absolutely certain the USD/CHF will climb at least to parity, it might take weeks...

Comment

• Hi

YES, The movement in CHf index was really unexpected and its abnormal.
                              As per the techicals, the trades was perfect and should have been ended up in profits.
                              But due to unexpected fundamentals, these things always happen in FOREX.
                              Thats why, its always safe to safeguard our open trades with a stoploss.

hope vijay will put all his efforts and expertise to come out of these tsunamis.

ALL the BEST vijay.
                              Last edited by harsha; 01-16-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoli71 View Post
                                I'm still connected to Vijay through Alpari, but CHF pairs are still frozen here. The real prize seems to be better than the frozen ones. I don't know what is the problem with Alpari. Maybe there is something he is hiding from its clients...
                                So, while Alpari does not let trading any CHF pairs and Vijay do anything with it I (and every subs who is with Alpari) will lost the connection with the master account.
                                UPDATE : http://www.alpari.co.uk/client-updat...t-announcement

Comment

Working...
                                X