Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zuttasoxx View Post
    It just reminds me of what happened with Smart Scalper which DD rule also got violated. So what is the right choice here? To me it seems like Vijay has a hard time closing at the loss. Cause hs2013 is right it could take a while.
    It could take a while or tomorrow, but that is hoping already. Hoping is ok if it is still within your parameters, but parameter has been breached.

It could also take just days before another team trader bites the dust.

Cheers,

Comment

• Guys it's not the same. I can't cut the trades just because there was some panic in the market n thousands of pips gap was there in few seconds. Chf is over valued n yes it 'll come down to certain extent. If u want to call it, u broke the rules, sure go ahead. I did not the too many trades. I was not heavily traded n I was in profit. I stick to my experience n I definitely don't want to take this much loss at this level. Scalpers dd was different. There were many trades n there was a price movement against us. I could have cut the trades at the said dd level. Blame me for that. In this case I was in to heavy dd straight from 2% profit. It's unscheduled unfortunate event. The bank has been protecting the level for 3-years n they broke it without any smoke. Nobody could have avoided the situation. It's not like I took a wrong decision this time
      Last edited by SmartTrader; 01-18-2015, 05:30 PM.
      Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Lets focus on options for way out, minimum damage. FXCM, Alpary to name a few are in trouble, many accounts and some are very profitable, provided broker pays!! Forex nature which is not going to change anytime soon, is not for large capital transactions the risks associated with it is a joke. If you stay with it 10 years you will see that long term something will happen and in few minutes large DD or all gone. I was planning to add to my accounts but no more change of plans they are other more stable instruments to invest. For now I let Vijay manage my account. Thanks nc!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
          Guys it's not the same. I can't cut the trades just because there was some panic in the market n thousands of pips gap was there in few seconds. Chf is over valued n yes it 'll come down to certain extent. If u want to call it, u broke the rules, sure go ahead. I did not the too many trades. I was not heavily traded n I was in profit. I stick to my experience n I definitely don't want to take this much loss at this level. Scalpers dd was different. There were many trades n there was a price movement against us. I could have cut the trades at the said dd level. Blame me for that. In this case I was in to heavy dd straight from 2% profit. It's unscheduled unfortunate event. The bank has been protecting the level for 3-years n they broke it without any smoke. Nobody could have avoided the situation. It's not like I took a wrong decision this time
          There are 2 ways this could end up.

1. Inflict more damage to the account than what it is now.
          2. Market moves in your favor and I assume you will close it at 25% DD. Just my assumption.

Of course, you did not take the wrong decision, but the unfortunate event could be mitigated by taking the loss early on rather than have it take the chance to get worse.

With the current market sentiment, you are swimming against the tide.

I sure hope that market moves in your favor for all sub's sake still holding.

Cheers,

Comment

• Well, I personally do have open positions with smarttrader, and I would like them to stay open for now, as I think that both SNB and ECB view CHF as overvalued and will work together to pull it back down. I'm happy to use my margin to that effect for the coming weeks, rather than taking such a large hit and rebuilding the account with smaller lot sizes. And yes, this is somewhat informed by hope...

However, I must say that I am not sure what happened, but it seemed ST's ea opened positions while he was asleep, with no preventive stop loss or any protection of any kind, and he didn't even notice the disaster until well after we had all been pulling our hair out for hours already. Although it played in my favor this time because I'd rather have these positions open, I find it very disappointing.

I'm not exactly sure yet how I'll eventually wrap my mind around that.

And all I can add is, do your best and good luck for the ride, Vijay.
            Last edited by peeper; 01-18-2015, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Hi. On friday I closed my positions. Because with ECB and liquidity problems it appeared to me that was gambling to keep the trades. I think Usdchf will move up but not for a while. So cut and tomorrow will be another day. As Viper always sayd " Remain safe". I am still thinking Vijay is a really good technical trader but on thursday it was a krach.

Comment

• Guys give it a break. This is a once in a lifetime situation. Why on earth should be closed because of this. If you want to close your trades go ahead. If your not subbed, then get off your high horse. If ever there was a time to actually hit BE from a basket this would be it.

Comment

• Just leave the trader alone. If you know better, if you have friends in the Swiss bank then just trade for yourself. This is purely unlucky. We could of been long franc, we could of been only on EN (the only thing which confuses me - why bother to diversify with a pair that is exactly the same). Hindsight is a ***** as I was gonna close these trades with 2% profit as it was good enough for me. Oh well. 1 MC but I'm hopeful that IC market will honour the offquotes. My other accounts is in 50% DD. Not good but not end of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                    Guys give it a break. This is a once in a lifetime situation. Why on earth should be closed because of this. If you want to close your trades go ahead. If your not subbed, then get off your high horse. If ever there was a time to actually hit BE from a basket this would be it.
                    If you do not like pointing out the facts, then do not read.

Comment

• Originally posted by fxturtle View Post
                      If you do not like pointing out the facts, then do not read.
                      I read as I am subbed to this thread as I am subbed to this signal. If you would like your posts not to be read then please put in big bold letters at the beginning of each post.

Comment

• I post here to point out facts. if you do not like it, then so be it.

Unless the moderator filter out my posts, then that would be sad hiding the truth.

Comment

• Best of luck to you Vjay. For me, I think this has been the last straw...I'm probably done with forex. It will take me a couple years of hard work to make what I have lost from these SP's.

Comment

• if ST has SL like TA or Phil, even if it is hidden...the Stop would have been taken when the move took place
                            so meaning Viay did not have stop in the first place not even hidden one. While TA and Phil or even Milan, they have stop for such events,

so my question is, why no stop?

Comment

• Phil did have a stop above the 1.20 floor where there should have been liquidity. The problem is Axi is not honoring the stop and I have raised a dispute with them regarding this. Only Global Prime and FxPig have honored stops as far as I know. IC and Axi have not thus far. Even if you had stops they would not have been triggered and the broker would not honor them. Only the 2 brokers mentioned above have openly done so. Milan was with Global Prime.

Originally posted by BreakwaterFX View Post
                              if ST has SL like TA or Phil, even if it is hidden...the Stop would have been taken when the move took place
                              so meaning Viay did not have stop in the first place not even hidden one. While TA and Phil or even Milan, they have stop for such events,

so my question is, why no stop?

Comment

• Originally posted by alazarus View Post
                                Phil did have a stop above the 1.20 floor where there should have been liquidity. The problem is Axi is not honoring the stop and I have raised a dispute with them regarding this. Only Global Prime and FxPig have honored stops as far as I know. IC and Axi have not thus far. Even if you had stops they would not have been triggered and the broker would not honor them. Only the 2 brokers mentioned above have openly done so. Milan was with Global Prime.
                                Why is Nick's account with Kili EC stops at 1.2003 honored? They are on the same broker.

Cheers,
                                FxTurtle

Comment

Working...
                                X