No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because we got margin called by mistake doesn't mean that everyone else has to have their accounts decimated by the closed trades. I have another account with axi that wasn't MC and if he believes he can trade out of it then just leave him be. I have already opened my own trades, I will manage it myself and partially close if and when you advise. I even hope to get a better price maybe who knows. But it doesn't matter, we 9000 pips down missing or gaining 100 on partial close won't make much difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
      Just because we got margin called by mistake doesn't mean that everyone else has to have their accounts decimated by the closed trades.
      the equity account is already decimated, it just a balance (psicologic) matter, by the way I hope that simpletrader team could find a way to manage this unusual situation

The EA copier remembers that the old trades were closed by fake margin call therefore I can confirm that it doesn't open them again

Will: what can we do?

Comment

• I have a pretty good confidence that Smart Trader will be able to do the right thing and get the account back in shape. I have restarted the signal (with the trades still open which were copied to my account a a lot better price).
        if the high probability trades he spoke of earlier can be used to maybe close out partials of the open trades in draw down or similar we have a good chance to recover. After all, he has a very good track history (before the SNB shock). So I trust him.

Comment

• Hey guys, I will cut 0.5 lots of NZDCHF around 0.71170 to reduce the risk.
          Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by BMM View Post
            the equity account is already decimated, it just a balance (psicologic) matter, by the way I hope that simpletrader team could find a way to manage this unusual situation

The EA copier remembers that the old trades were closed by fake margin call therefore I can confirm that it doesn't open them again

Will: what can we do?
            Not for people that are also running Viper or any other signals on the account. Then you have to shift all the settings even more so. It's fine I'm sure we can deal with managing these open positions as and when Smart tells us. Obviously happy that new trades will be managed as per usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
              Hey guys, I will cut 0.5 lots of NZDCHF around 0.71170 to reduce the risk.
              You mean 0.05? So half of 1 trade, correct?

Comment

• Thats correct.

Comment

• the chfjpy was that part of a recovery trade for the nzdchf situ??

if not im disabling the pair. between scalper and traders that twice today in chf pairs :/

if your using it as a recovery trade then ill have to leave it enabled

Comment

• Rebooted the signal just a few hours ago only to get hit with the CHFJPY trade. Tight stops are out of character for ST. I presume this is a temporary measure to avoid margin calls?

Comment

• Nice one SS profit compensated for most the loss of ST in my account were I follow both. Nice

Comment

• Can't win them all. I got the SS trade to make up for it on 1 account. Still happy to see the ST signal active again though. That kiwi data this morning was no good though. Thank god we got positive swap anyway

Comment

• Hey Guys,

Starting from next week, this is my plan.

I am going to introduce manual trade basket risking 3-5% in a basket with a strict stoploss, in each basket i will have a max of 3 trades with 1:1 risk reward. Say if i have a basket risking 5% of the account and expecting 5% profit, if we get 5% profit, i will reduce the existing NZDCHF and USDCHF by that much value, meaning by booking 5% profit with the new basket, i will take 5% loss with the existing trades. As we are already above 40% DD, margin of error is very low for me and i got to win at least the first 2 baskets without taking losses. so i will be extremely careful and open high probability trades only.

Lets hope we will reduce the DD below 20% sooner

Comment

• OK Vijay. Man I would love to get the first basket as a win. Good luck, happy trading.

Comment

• Hi Vijay,

Are these manual trades going to be on any CHF pairs ?
                              Would be nice to know in case some of us disabled CHF.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
                                Hi Vijay,

Are these manual trades going to be on any CHF pairs ?
                                Would be nice to know in case some of us disabled CHF.

Cheers
                                I will let you guys know which pair before hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X