No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vijay it closed all of the position so do I need to now open 66% of the original trade. Thanks.

Comment

• ive had one of two nzdchf trades closed, (0.06 closed) so 50% reduction overall for me, a smaller trade opened as a buy. (0.04)

Comment

• Iam not sure what simple trader is doing it closed my entire trade and opened a new larger trade which I have now manually reduced to equate to a position size 33 percent less than the original trade. As you can imagine this is of concern.

Comment

• Shit. Me too. Whole position. Can you please confirm what needs to be done Vijay

Comment

• guys - if you had different closures than the master, probably it's best to contact support as they can look into what is going on. Hope it helps and I only say this to speed up the resolution. To Vijay: very nice to see you handling the draw down in a controlled manner. I am confident you can take us out of this - we just need patience and please continue to do your work

Comment

• Originally posted by Hansen View Post
              guys - if you had different closures than the master, probably it's best to contact support as they can look into what is going on. Hope it helps and I only say this to speed up the resolution. To Vijay: very nice to see you handling the draw down in a controlled manner. I am confident you can take us out of this - we just need patience and please continue to do your work
              Support can only look at technical issues. And what we need now is the advice from the trader on how to manage our trades manually, so they would match master's regarding the risk.
              (Me too, I had the whole trade closed, and a new one, a bit smaller, was reopened, so I have basically the same exposition as before).

Comment

• Originally posted by Anton123 View Post
                Support can only look at technical issues. And what we need now is the advice from the trader on how to manage our trades manually, so they would match master's regarding the risk.
                (Me too, I had the whole trade closed, and a new one, a bit smaller, was reopened, so I have basically the same exposition as before).
                I could be wrong and you may be right - btw., what is your setting on risk? are you using lot multiplier, account balance multiplier or account equity multiplier - perhaps the root cause can be found there.

Comment

• Hey guys,

It appears that people who had their trades reinstated are getting either their whole trade closed, or incorrect partial calculations.

Unfortunately this seems to be a symptom of having trades reinstated after their closed. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to troubleshoot because it's not something we can replicate (we need to be able to create the problem to fix it).

We're really sorry about the stress this is causing. We'll continue to look at this today, however I'm not confident that we will be able to find a fix other than to suggest clients either close their trades or adjust them manually.
                  Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Nick my trades were not reinstated they are with axi and fxcm and have always remained open, and they have still closed entirely and then opened larger than the original position

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      Hey guys,

It appears that people who had their trades reinstated are getting either their whole trade closed, or incorrect partial calculations.

Unfortunately this seems to be a symptom of having trades reinstated after their closed. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to troubleshoot because it's not something we can replicate (we need to be able to create the problem to fix it).

We're really sorry about the stress this is causing. We'll continue to look at this today, however I'm not confident that we will be able to find a fix other than to suggest clients either close their trades or adjust them manually.
                      My trade is the ORIGINAL trade. NOT reinstated. What it has done is opened a trade that is about 66% of the size of the closed one though.

Comment

• My order was closed and reinstated bit smaller lot size. ?? Wonder is it still managed by trader or ea or I need to watch it now? Live support not available currently. Not good this situation. nc!

Comment

• so if we had one whole trade closed, are we now meant to have this new one open at all?

say if vijay only wanted a 33% reduction in one nzdchf, well it closed one whole trade and then opened a new one 33% smaller,

what im trying to say is, Vijay, this new smaller trade, is this a trade to get us out of DD, or is this trade an artifact of the partial closure??

if it is tied to the partial closure only and not part of Viijay plan of creating baskets then i might as well close it out now as ive already seen the full loss on that particular trade

Comment

• Originally posted by dupapa View Post
                            so if we had one whole trade closed, are we now meant to have this new one open at all?

say if vijay only wanted a 33% reduction in one nzdchf, well it closed one whole trade and then opened a new one 33% smaller,

what im trying to say is, Vijay, this new smaller trade, is this a trade to get us out of DD, or is this trade an artifact of the partial closure??

if it is tied to the partial closure only and not part of Viijay plan of creating baskets then i might as well close it out now as ive already seen the full loss on that particular trade
                            Dupapa, I wanted to know this too, so it's pretty simple if you look into it some more. He has partial closed 33% only. Thus in my case the new trade for me is just a pain in the ass as it changes my risk settings for viper on same account as now the balance is $5k less. Sucks. But a trade 66% the size got opened in its place. See no reason why it shouldn't of been partially closed like the master. On my other account that was margin called by IC Markets the trades were reinstated (this trade was not closed - as Vijay has no control over reinstated trades) and I just got an extra trade. So I've kept the old trade and will close at 0.7116 like Vijay originally said. In your case obviously the trade opened IS NOT part of the recovery like AJ was. Therefore you can close if you want. However I'm sure you've noticed that UF and NF are very bullish. Anyway that is my take. Hope it helps. Master now has 3 trades 0.11, 0.11 and 0.07 or thereabouts ie this new trade is not actually a new trade

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification BRM, im mega busy at work so haven't yet had time to analyze it further than a quick glance, (work always seems to be busy most when i want to check my accounts )

im kinda unique, i got margin called, but my trades are still managed only by the fact i reinstalled my VPS whilst my lost account was being adjusted,

i think i will keep the trade and hope for a bullish continuation of trend, if it hits 5% dd ill close it

Comment

• I had the same problem. The original nzdchf buy (the original trade, not re-installed) 0.13 was closed (ouch!); then a new trade (with a different simpletrader code) was opened 0.14. Clearly the idea was to partially close the original trade, but it seems that something went wrong. I'm using “risk multiplier using a/c bal.” What is the concensus here – that we let Vijay close it, or that we make a partial closure when appropriate?
                                This is the a/c I opened in October, put Dayfox on it, got it destroyed; I've been trading it when I've got time (increased it by 24%), but I've put Killimanjaro and Smart on it. !! Not a pretty sight!

Comment

Working...
                                X