No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Vijay. I liked the way you handled the CHF situation and hopefully we will get right back on track. I have one question. This week you have been taking manual trades with preset SL and TP. Do you still rely on your previous system for your trading or have you changed the style? Would be nice to get answer to assess the risk involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by hs2013 View Post
      Hi Vijay. I liked the way you handled the CHF situation and hopefully we will get right back on track. I have one question. This week you have been taking manual trades with preset SL and TP. Do you still rely on your previous system for your trading or have you changed the style? Would be nice to get answer to assess the risk involved.
      I ll definitely trade the way i used to trade. i took manual trades because i found some opportunities. Nothing changed man. This is the system i had been trading for 2 years here now. and i ll continue to trade the same. Occasionally i take manual trades and i use strict SL for them. Soon there will be trades from the EA.
      Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Hey guys, i took AU manual trade as i expect the rate cut by 25 basic points. and the RBA statement should help AU move in our favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
          Hey guys, i took AU manual trade as i expect the rate cut by 25 basic points. and the RBA statement should help AU move in our favor.
          Was this trade taken just before the rate news? OK it was I just checked. I have to honest here and say that I'm very dissatisfied with this. I am not paying for this type of trading. It's gambling I don't like it. If it continues I'll have to unsubscribe. I'm really unhappy about this. Even if we won I'd still be unhappy. Look now is they cut indeed but price is up. I just don't understand how this trade fits into the risk profile subscribers are expecting. Sorry.

Sent from Uranus
          Last edited by Big River Man; 05-05-2015, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
            Was this trade taken just before the rate news? OK it was I just checked. I have to honest here and say that I'm very dissatisfied with this. I am not paying for this type of trading. It's gambling I don't like it. If it continues I'll have to unsubscribe. I'm really unhappy about this. Even if we won I'd still be unhappy. Look now is they cut indeed but price is up. I just don't understand how this trade fits into the risk profile subscribers are expecting. Sorry.

Sent from Uranus
            Well, i took it on purpose and its not gambling. Gambling is when you dont know the outcome. Trading is when you know odds are in your favor. Everyone knows there is gonna be a cut and RBA going to talk the currency down. Thats why i have taken the trade with a strict SL ofcourse.

Comment

• nice CAD trade today, Vijay!

Comment

• Fantastic close on that USDCAD trade. Well done.

Comment

Well, i took it on purpose and its not gambling. Gambling is when you dont know the outcome. Trading is when you know odds are in your favor. Everyone knows there is gonna be a cut and RBA going to talk the currency down. Thats why i have taken the trade with a strict SL ofcourse.
                  In regards to this I still strongly disagree. It is now 120 pips away from something that is a "sure thing". If it is believed it is such a sure thing and everyone knows then why didn't it get done at 0.80. Why just 2 minutes before news. I don't have an issue with the short AU trade per se, but what i am saying I have an issue is a change from what is expected. If I wanted a signal that traded 2 minutes before a news release then I would use that signal. So when we subscribe we know what has worked in the past. I have no problem with other trades AT ALL and I am a strong follower and supporter. But this is gambling, as we can obviously see that "the odds are in your favor" is in fact not correct when entering so close to something that is essentially 50:50. We cannot forsee either what the rate announcement would be, and even more so we cannot forsee what the language used in a statement may or may not be. Anyway, I really hope that you understand what i am trying to say here.

Comment

• What is a plan with and trade? Are you going to grid, or close trade with fixed sł at 0.8050?

Comment

• I have two trades on AU and i will not take any further. Either Hit the SL or hit the TP. i willl look to trade other pairs.

Comment

• ok thanks vijay. I will handle those trades on my own then.

Comment

I have two trades on AU and i will not take any further. Either Hit the SL or hit the TP. i willl look to trade other pairs.
                          sounds fine, Vijay. Steer the ship (and keep trading 'as usual') and we will be fine. I also support you as you know (like BRM), so keep us afloat and make some profits. That's what counts and you are at the helm

Comment

I have two trades on AU and i will not take any further. Either Hit the SL or hit the TP. i willl look to trade other pairs.
                            There is AUD monetary policy minutes tomorrow about 13 hours time) there have been articles suggesting that there may be more in those minutes. They bank won't be impressed by the reaction to the rate cut, Unfortunately they won't be able to add any comments retrospectively, however, that being said there is a chance that the minutes are more bearish than the statement. Will you be trading the minutes release live Vijay or just leave the preset SL and TPs? In fact as it's pre NFP it could even be an absolute fizzer. Meh I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                              There is AUD monetary policy minutes tomorrow about 13 hours time) there have been articles suggesting that there may be more in those minutes. They bank won't be impressed by the reaction to the rate cut, Unfortunately they won't be able to add any comments retrospectively, however, that being said there is a chance that the minutes are more bearish than the statement. Will you be trading the minutes release live Vijay or just leave the preset SL and TPs? In fact as it's pre NFP it could even be an absolute fizzer. Meh I don't know.
                              I ll be watching the minutes and ofcourse i ll keep the SL as it is. My initial views are bearish AUD, and thats what i am expecting tomorrow too, but i dont want to take more risks adding to the trades as this is a manual trade and taken based on the current sentiment.

Comment

• Nice close on the Aussie trades.
                                Thank you for protecting our accounts and not getting too ambitious.

Comment

Working...
                                X