Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
    Thats right. Ofcourse no one can predict unpredictability What changed is - if we dont have any positions and we are waiting to take trades on say USDCHF, and the CHF thing happened, this time i will not take any trades and wait for the entire big drop happen and then wait for the earlier trend to show continuation, thats when i take trades. Earlier i used to take during the drops which may seem to be a good price but you can never anticipate how low can it go.
    just to be sure: does it mean that also the first trade of a basket will wait for a rebound now?

if yes, imho, it would work weill also in news. Are you disabling or not the EA on big news release if you are flat? and if you are not flat?

I am sorry to annoy you but I am one your followers that still have CHF and JPY disabled and the time to reconsider this measure is arrived for me

thanks
    Last edited by BMM; 03-03-2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Man the market really ignored the bad GBP data. Drats.

Comment

• BMM, your smart to have CHF and JPY pairs disabled. At the moment the weak point for this EA is the capital flows from stocks to safe haven Yen which can cause in-balances in pull backs. RSI for yen pairs during GFC went as low as 10 on the daily and pull backs were harsh. Imagine an over extended rubber band...

Smart2 is a good EA but it doesn't seem to account for the black swan events on the yen pairs. With Vijay doing manual trading now, hopefully he can accommodate for the pull backs.

Originally posted by BMM View Post
        just to be sure: does it mean that also the first trade of a basket will wait for a rebound now?

if yes, imho, it would work weill also in news. Are you disabling or not the EA on big news release if you are flat? and if you are not flat?

I am sorry to annoy you but I am one your followers that still have CHF and JPY disabled and the time to reconsider this measure is arrived for me

thanks

Comment

• Yes I have Smart Scalpers disabled for GJ but forgot to disable it on Smart Trader. We are so quickly in drawdown with this pair. Normally Smart Trader trades aren't as big or as quick to go to this large drawdown, that's what happens when we trade GJ. I'm especially annoyed at myself as it was just a few pips away from TP but I was watching a football game and not paying attention to the trades. Now with NFP coming up and risk appetite unknown I have no idea how this will go. But I do feel like we are in too heavy too soon trading this pair especially on ST. These feel more like SS trades.

Comment

• Also I'm not just saying this now was saying it in the chat room on Wednesday. Hopefully Vijay can steer us through this.

But I will be suspending GJ from here on in at least until Brexit. Too risky.

Comment

• Different style in SmartTrader opening so close together, more like Scalper style. But lets see how this goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                Yes I have Smart Scalpers disabled for GJ but forgot to disable it on Smart Trader. We are so quickly in drawdown with this pair. Normally Smart Trader trades aren't as big or as quick to go to this large drawdown, that's what happens when we trade GJ. I'm especially annoyed at myself as it was just a few pips away from TP but I was watching a football game and not paying attention to the trades. Now with NFP coming up and risk appetite unknown I have no idea how this will go. But I do feel like we are in too heavy too soon trading this pair especially on ST. These feel more like SS trades.
                Yeap. I am out of GBP crosses for the time being. You have one analyst saying that Brexit will take a heavy toll on the economy and others are saying it will be good for the economy. There seems to be alot of scaremongering out there. I won't touch GBP with a 10 foot pole

Comment

• hi , i am new and i need help . i set for smart2 fix size 0.01 is it ok? can you help me for the best set? thanks a lot Stefano
                  Last edited by stefano66; 03-04-2016, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stefano66 View Post
                    hi , i am new and i need help . i set for smart2 fix size 0.01 is it ok? can you help me for the best set? thanks a lot Stefano
                    It is absolutely NOT OK. Contact support and they will help you set it up properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by primi View Post
                      It is absolutely NOT OK. Contact support and they will help you set it up properly.
                      may i nave the link plesase?

Comment

• It's on your left. Do you see a green button live help? Click it and ask for help.

Comment

• Very kind thanks

Comment

• Well done Vijay. I applaud your resilience. With ECB and so much heavy duty news coming up that was an amazingly small loss.

Could you please let us know what changes (generally only - you don't have to give us any of your secrets!!! ) that you will implement after this and when they will be implemented?

Also what are your plans trading GBP leading up to the June referendum?

Thank you in advance.

p's. getting out of this has already made my week. I count my forex profits in eqity and not balance so I am already much better of than the almost 20% dd!!! phew!!

Comment

• I also kicking myself for not adding a short trade higher up!!! haha but who isn't right. but i think a few subs will have added an extra trade themselves and maybe made quite good $$$$. Happy for them!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                                Well done Vijay. I applaud your resilience. With ECB and so much heavy duty news coming up that was an amazingly small loss.

Could you please let us know what changes (generally only - you don't have to give us any of your secrets!!! ) that you will implement after this and when they will be implemented?

Also what are your plans trading GBP leading up to the June referendum?

Thank you in advance.

p's. getting out of this has already made my week. I count my forex profits in eqity and not balance so I am already much better of than the almost 20% dd!!! phew!!
                                Thanks BRM.

There are two small changes i am thinking
                                1. For high volatile pairs i will change the lot sizes. Based on how much they are moving. In the GBPJPY case for example, i would have taken half the lot size, and also the reward will be double the size. I usually book 70-100 pips on smarttrader trades if they are working well. For high volatile pairs this will change. I might be looking to book 100-300 pips. In the GBPJPY for example(if it had worked in my favor), i will take half the lot size and try to book 200 pips. So this change will only reduce the DD and not affect our returns.
                                2. Will allow the EA to take only 3 trades and i will take it up from there. I will manage manually. This will give me some room to add one or more trades on top and exit early or book some profits.

I am also thinking of gap widening between the trades depending on the volatality. But the system was already updated with that. Except in this scenario, all the other times, there was proper spacing between the trades
                                Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

Working...
                                X