No announcement yet.

Smart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBP has been in strong trend for a long time now. Not sure how much upside it has. Exited 2 GBPAUD positions at good profits. More than 5% up this month.

And Entered USDCAD sell trade (manual, only one trade, no extra trades, Strict SL, but may reduce the TP levels)
    Last edited by SmartTrader; 12-09-2013, 05:24 PM.
    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Hi Smart Trader,

Just jumped on board your signal today at a 0.2 risk multiple.

Are you sticking to your max potential dd of 20%?

Best wishes and I look forward to seeing your signal develop.

Comment

• Originally posted by MariaLouise View Post
        Hi Smart Trader,

Just jumped on board your signal today at a 0.2 risk multiple.

Are you sticking to your max potential dd of 20%?

Best wishes and I look forward to seeing your signal develop.
        Hi, Welcome aboard

yep, am sticking to that 20% DD although its stated as a 35%. My DD is usually 5-10%, although sometimes it goes to 15% but its very rare. I advise you to see the trading for a month or so and increase the risk (if you feel like) gradually. a sudden changes to risk settings does not give the same results as the master, i have seen couple of examples here.

Comment

• Thank you Vijay.

I plan to stay with you on one fifth because I'm using your signal on a largish account which I trade myself, and on which I have some other signals. I am also very risk averse and that is why I ask you about risk tolerance as a fundamental.

It is my experience that grid systems can get out of hand and destructive. I am here because I understand that you manually control trades and will not let losers run too far. Equally, I appreciate that some purely manual traders can become egotistical, and are disinclined to accept losses, so the problem cuts both ways.

Congratulations on the Loonie trade you just closed - unfortunately I arrived a little late for that one but I'm looking forward to one or two more like it in the coming weeks.

With best wishes.
          Last edited by MariaLouise; 12-10-2013, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MariaLouise View Post
            Thank you Vijay.

I plan to stay with you on one fifth because I'm using your signal on a largish account which I trade myself, and on which I have some other signals. I am also very risk averse and that is why I ask you about risk tolerance as a fundamental.

It is my experience that grid systems can get out of hand and destructive. I am here because I understand that you manually control trades and will not let losers run too far. Equally, I appreciate that some purely manual traders can become egotistical, and are disinclined to accept losses, so the problem cuts both ways.

Congratulations on the Loonie trade you just closed - unfortunately I arrived a little late for that one but I'm looking forward to one or two more like it in the coming weeks.

With best wishes.
            Exellent. You did your home work well and you understood my system exactly the way it is .

Comment

• Hi St,

Im a relatively new follower, and I have read all the above, but Ive noticed since the CHF positions have gone -ve you have not traded. Is this your usual style - ie no trading if you go into significant DD. I also note your DD rules - have you got feel as to where you wd cut your losses on these CHF trades?

Comment

• Originally posted by wilyc View Post
                Hi St,

Im a relatively new follower, and I have read all the above, but Ive noticed since the CHF positions have gone -ve you have not traded. Is this your usual style - ie no trading if you go into significant DD. I also note your DD rules - have you got feel as to where you wd cut your losses on these CHF trades?
                I think you are talking about the wrong signal? Maybe Trade Alerter?

Comment

• We did very well so far in this month and the last month as well. Looks like its working pretty well for us. Hoping to end on a high note this year.

Comment

• You and your code are good traders Vijay. I have finally decided to trade with you on full risk with smart trader. Do you know what you are envisaging for a max loss in % terms on a single basket?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                      You and your code are good traders Vijay. I have finally decided to trade with you on full risk with smart trader. Do you know what you are envisaging for a max loss in % terms on a single basket?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      Historically i got 26% DD, i am playing little more safer now a days. That was the time when i was holding 4 pair basket. Now i look for trades on 3 currencies, usually, and some trades are open i am manually limiting the no of currencies to 2. You can expect a DD of 20% once in a while. But usually it stays around 5%. If you see in the last 3 months i touched 13% DD once. I dont mind booking losses either. Till now my max loss booking was around 8-10%. I hope i have given you enough information on your question.

Comment

• Hi Vijay,

Very impressive trading. Why is your trade history private in myfxbook? It would be nice to view it.

Thank you.

Daryl

Comment

• Originally posted by dkoster77 View Post
                          Hi Vijay,

Very impressive trading. Why is your trade history private in myfxbook? It would be nice to view it.

Thank you.

Daryl
                          Hi dkoster77

Thank you. I have reenabled it again. i will keep it that way. thanks

Comment

• Hi All

We ended 2013 on a big note. Lets hope for a better 2014. Wishing you a happy new year to all.

I will continue to try and trade the same way. This is a winning method. no need to fix when its working. Thanks for all the trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                              Hi All

We ended 2013 on a big note. Lets hope for a better 2014. Wishing you a happy new year to all.

I will continue to try and trade the same way. This is a winning method. no need to fix when its working. Thanks for all the trust.
                              Excellent work Vijay. Way to end the year

My account is now + 14.5%
                              Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• I'm awarding my personal Surprise of the yearTM award to Smart Trader. There is a much stiffer competition for Disappointment of the yearTM and I don't think I'll be able to point out a single winner in that category unfortunately.

Good work Vijay and may it long continue!

Comment

Working...
                                X