• Show
Clear All

• primi
    replied
    Never mind.

Leave a comment:

• primi
    replied
    Could you please let us know what the plan going forward is as I don't think there have been any new trades for a long time now. I'm not rushing you to trade, would just be good to know your plan because I'm still subscribed.

Leave a comment:

• ace
    replied
    Vijay, can you say a few words about what has changed in your trading (if anything). I think that might be interesting to hear.

Leave a comment:

• SmartTrader
    replied
    I continue to trade, both scalper and trader. Both will be taking trades.

Leave a comment:

• primi
    replied
    Can you please let me know what the plan is going forward? Will you continue to trade or not? Scalper is still trading but not sure about Smart because I have it disabled for the moment. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• SmartTrader
    replied
    Yeah i was aiming for around 180 pips. so that i can minimise the losses caused by the AUDUSD trade. Our bad that it hit the BE SL. Lets find another trade.

Leave a comment:

• primi
    replied
    My imaginary TP was hit almost to the pip. I wish I made it a hard TP. Not sure what Vijay was targeting. But in any case, better this than a loss.

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    Man those tripple swap Wednesdays gave me small loss on todays trade but still better than going into bigger DD.

Leave a comment:

• dupapa
    replied
    Profit to be is OK profit to loss is harder

Don't see any issue with the be

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• taruh
    replied
    Many will be furious to have a profitable trade be stopped out but thanks Vijay to put a protective stop.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• peeper
    replied
    My apologies I meant to post this here:

"Is this thread still active?

Anyhow, I'm following SmartTrader only, and I wonder what Vijay's thoughts around the last couple of months for ST followers are. Any input?"

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    You can see how good it was to get out when you did. Practically was the bottom. 👍

Leave a comment:

• SmartTrader
    replied
    Originally posted by peeper View Post
    When you experience DD with one of your system (either ST or SC), do your focus manual trading, if any, on that account in order to make up for the DD?

I'm asking because I'm only on ST and not S2, and I would like to understand whether I would miss any recovery from extra trades that would be taken on the SC account.
    No you ll not miss any recovery trades. I ll do the same in ST SS n in S2 too.

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• peeper
    replied
    When you experience DD with one of your system (either ST or SC), do your focus manual trading, if any, on that account in order to make up for the DD?

I'm asking because I'm only on ST and not S2, and I would like to understand whether I would miss any recovery from extra trades that would be taken on the SC account.

Leave a comment:

• SmartTrader
    replied
    Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
    Well done Vijay. I applaud your resilience. With ECB and so much heavy duty news coming up that was an amazingly small loss.

Could you please let us know what changes (generally only - you don't have to give us any of your secrets!!! ) that you will implement after this and when they will be implemented?

Also what are your plans trading GBP leading up to the June referendum?

Thank you in advance.

p's. getting out of this has already made my week. I count my forex profits in eqity and not balance so I am already much better of than the almost 20% dd!!! phew!!
    Thanks BRM.

There are two small changes i am thinking
    1. For high volatile pairs i will change the lot sizes. Based on how much they are moving. In the GBPJPY case for example, i would have taken half the lot size, and also the reward will be double the size. I usually book 70-100 pips on smarttrader trades if they are working well. For high volatile pairs this will change. I might be looking to book 100-300 pips. In the GBPJPY for example(if it had worked in my favor), i will take half the lot size and try to book 200 pips. So this change will only reduce the DD and not affect our returns.
    2. Will allow the EA to take only 3 trades and i will take it up from there. I will manage manually. This will give me some room to add one or more trades on top and exit early or book some profits.

I am also thinking of gap widening between the trades depending on the volatality. But the system was already updated with that. Except in this scenario, all the other times, there was proper spacing between the trades

Leave a comment:

Working...
X