Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oportunis signal

Hello,

I have been trading this system for a while but only this year decided to use it exclusively on one account. I will be publishing it soon on simpletrader.

I started trading with this system on this account on the 12th of March 2019. The only pair traded is XAUUSD. All trades have fixed SL of 24 pips and it won't be moved unless we are at BE or in profit for specific pips. Once we are in profit a trailing stop is activated and we ride it until we get stopped out. We can get hit by several SL, but in the long term, the system is profitable. Trades are usually closed within a day either by SL or trailing SL.

Risk management:

I suggest using 0.01 lot per $200 for 5% risk per trade setup
    This account uses 0.01 lot per $100 for 10% risk per trade setup
    Conservative approach is 0.01 lot per $500 for 2% risk per trade setup
    Ultra-conservative approach is 0.01 lot per $1000 for 1% risk per trade setup.

Myfxbook links:

Custom date from March - https://www.myfxbook.com/members/opo...rtunis/2610091
    Fresh account - https://www.myfxbook.com/members/opo...ckmill/3487146

Backtests:

I backtested the system from 1.1.2018 to 23.2.2019 and it made about 416%. I didn't go further since from March you have a live account to check. I can add an mt5 backtest also if somebody helps me how to add an HTML file here.
    As you can see the live results are a little worse because in real account the trading conditions are also worse and you get slipped or servers go offline etc. I use ICMarkets, but lately, the slippage is bigger than usual and the loss that happened on 13.8.2019 was due to their servers going offline. On another account where I use the system, I got profit, because the servers were OK and the trade was in our favor for 3 minutes. I already made a complaint and I started a fresh account at Tickmill to compare the performance on both brokers.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. With the bloodbath here I think my signal will rise to the top performers in a while.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have longer backtest since 2015, but don't know how to publish the HTML here. I can make a printscreen maybe this will be ok.

Comment

Here it isbacktest2.png

Comment

The results are poorer because of the history quality of mt5 is only 42% but it still managed to make almost 7k from 1k deposit. I know it works well because I'm trading this system since 2016 but I never used it alone, always with a combo, and the end result was not good, but when I analyzed only gold trades it was really good, so I decided to stop using it with others and focus only on it. You can follow it on my myfxbook and check how it performs.

Comment

My Quant Analyser license seems to have run out, so I can't bring it up

Can't remember how, but you can get a graphical view of the back test (a graph) with equity line, and summary of the months gain / loss - ie similar to how myfxbook shows real accounts.

Could you post that ? screenshot works fine for me btw. Just interested in comparing the back test, with the forward test.

Also, maybe get D to give you a thread on the other forum ?

Comment

Here the equity is the same as balance. Either we get hit by SL or by trailing SL and on a rare occasion we get TP, but 70% of the time we get hit with trailing SL.
              Here is the equity chart:
              backtest3.png

Comment

The graph certainly looks promising...and knowing you have a set SL at 24 pips, it is unlikely you will be wiped out in one bad trade like other grid/martingale systems.

I look forward to see how your account performs over the next few months/years. I guess you can name it Gold Crusher!

Comment

The month of August ended with 15.57%. We have a total of 52.75% of profit since March. Looking forward to September.

august report.png

Comment

It looks very promising. I will follow your perfomance from now on.

Comment

Today we had the first difference between my master account at ICMarkets and my new account at Tickmill. I checked the logs and all seems to be fine. No idea why Tickmill opened trades at a different level. The servers seem to be the same (gmt+3). But it's good to see how different brokers perform although copiers will have all trades from my ICMarkets account. Tickmill seems to be ok, it has 1 pip wider spread on gold, but this is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                        Today we had the first difference between my master account at ICMarkets and my new account at Tickmill. I checked the logs and all seems to be fine. No idea why Tickmill opened trades at a different level. The servers seem to be the same (gmt+3). But it's good to see how different brokers perform although copiers will have all trades from my ICMarkets account. Tickmill seems to be ok, it has 1 pip wider spread on gold, but this is fine.
                        That's disturbing. It sounds like direct price manipulation

Comment

Different brokers have different price feeds, so sometimes this can be shown with entirely different levels open, but in the long term, this is nothing to be concerned about. Followers will receive trades from my ICMarkets, the Tickmill is just to compare between brokers for my personal interest and to show my followers how it looks with a fresh account because the ICMarket was used to test different system a while back and I had to use a custom start date on myfxbook.

Before following my trades, please use a ECN/DMA broker with the lowest spread on gold.

Comment

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                            Different brokers have different price feeds, so sometimes this can be shown with entirely different levels open, but in the long term, this is nothing to be concerned about. Followers will receive trades from my ICMarkets, the Tickmill is just to compare between brokers for my personal interest and to show my followers how it looks with a fresh account because the ICMarket was used to test different system a while back and I had to use a custom start date on myfxbook.

Before following my trades, please use a ECN/DMA broker with the lowest spread on gold.
                            You trade with $ 400 ?

Comment

I use 0.01 lot per 100$. I have over 500$, but I add every month so I will have enough by the end of the year to be visible on simpletrader. By then it's locked unless you use other options.

Comment

Working...
                              X