Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oportunis View Post
    Hello,

I have been trading this system for a while but only this year decided to use it exclusively on one account. I will be publishing it soon on simpletrader.

I started trading with this system on this account on the 12th of March 2019. The only pair traded is XAUUSD. All trades have fixed SL of 24 pips and it won't be moved unless we are at BE or in profit for specific pips. Once we are in profit a trailing stop is activated and we ride it until we get stopped out. We can get hit by several SL, but in the long term, the system is profitable. Trades are usually closed within a day either by SL or trailing SL.

Risk management:

I suggest using 0.01 lot per $200 for 5% risk per trade setup
    This account uses 0.01 lot per $100 for 10% risk per trade setup
    Conservative approach is 0.01 lot per $500 for 2% risk per trade setup
    Ultra-conservative approach is 0.01 lot per $1000 for 1% risk per trade setup.

Myfxbook links:

Custom date from March - https://www.myfxbook.com/members/opo...rtunis/2610091
    Fresh account - https://www.myfxbook.com/members/opo...ckmill/3487146

Backtests:

I backtested the system from 1.1.2018 to 23.2.2019 and it made about 416%. I didn't go further since from March you have a live account to check. I can add an mt5 backtest also if somebody helps me how to add an HTML file here.
    As you can see the live results are a little worse because in real account the trading conditions are also worse and you get slipped or servers go offline etc. I use ICMarkets, but lately, the slippage is bigger than usual and the loss that happened on 13.8.2019 was due to their servers going offline. On another account where I use the system, I got profit, because the servers were OK and the trade was in our favor for 3 minutes. I already made a complaint and I started a fresh account at Tickmill to compare the performance on both brokers.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. With the bloodbath here I think my signal will rise to the top performers in a while.

I didn't read anything about you being the creator of this strategy. Is this HappyForex Gold?
    Forex Happy Gold is the preferred trading system for serious precious metal investors who seek consistent high profit - minimal loss performance.

Max open trades is one. Uses hard stop loss (-24 pips) and dynamic take profit levels based on market sentiment.

Comment

The system is close to it, break out, but I use my own system. I did, however, buy and test it and came up with my own system. Happy gold in reality is crap. Demo trading looks perfect, while in reallity it was a losing system, you can also see he doesn't have any real trading account with it. It just doesn't work on a real account.

Comment

The system is close to it, break out, but I use my own system. I did, however, buy and test it and came up with my own system. Happy gold in reality is crap. Demo trading looks perfect, while in reallity it was a losing system, you can also see he doesn't have any real trading account with it. It just doesn't work on a real account.
        How is your system different?
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.
        Last edited by HedgeBitcoin; 09-17-2019, 09:49 AM. Reason: added happyGold ICM

Comment

I added two images, One from Happy and one from yours. The entries are too close to tell any difference. I don't know what timeframe happy runs the bot on. What timeframe are you running the bot on?

Comment

We both use breakout... Daily low and daily high. The levels are the same, but I use a different approach. I don't want to share all the logic, but you can see I have different trades and I close in profit while his are not. Or vice-versa and ask yourself a question if it would work why would he sell it? If he can make so much profit he wouldn't be a vendor trust me. I tested his EA and I only got a loss. But if you don't believe me just buy it and test it for yourself and you will come to the same conclusion...

Comment

He runs on demo because there is no slippage. Since these systems are using buy stop , sell stop orders, results will always vary depending on the liquidity available. Slippage can be huge and in the long run the edge will slowly evaporate. Especially, if you want to share this strategy as a signal. As more people use the same strategy , the slippage will grow more and more which will kill any edge and your profits.

Also your account balance is tiny, which is quite beneficial because it decreases the chance of slippage. Start using larger lots, and you will experience poor performance. Running backtests hide this fact as we are all aware.

Comment

and here is the difference between his EA and mine. I don't care about slippage, my trades are not dependant on this. I can get slipped by 50 or even 100 pips and still make a profit. You can also see I get much more pips than his demo. I have a different approach, we do share the entry levels because it's a breakout system, but that's it. I have traded this system with 20k on it and it was working ok, the only problem is I was using other systems on it and overall performance was really poor. I can't be 100% that the system will be profitable forever, but so far it is and I would like to offer it to those who are interested. However, it is risky and people should not invest more than they can afford to lose.

Comment

I'd say that's a system to watch!
                  good to see you being live oportunis, I wish you all the best.

​​​​

Comment

Are you using a vps near the servers of these two brokers?
                    You mentioned a mt5 backtest but your accounts are on mt4. Have to tried to run the bot on a mt5 live server?
                    I noticed tickmill had some losses while icm did really well. Any different setup between the two accounts?
                    Have you tried to setup a follower account using signalstart or simpletrader to test the outcome?
                    Do you know if ST and SS use trailing stops on the slave accounts.

Comment

I tested in mt5 because it's better. It has tick history already in it, while for mt4 I need to get it from dukascopy. I use same VPS for both, but Tickmill had wide spread yesterday during news while ICM didn't, so it closed almost instantly. Seems Tickmill is not as good as promoted. As I know SL is being copied but not sure. When I was copying providers I saw SL, but nobody was using trailing SL, so no idea if it works.

I only started and history is too young to attract investors. I'll have to see from practice. If it won't be good for followers I can open MAM if there will be enough interested investors.

Comment

I tested in mt5 because it's better. It has tick history already in it, while for mt4 I need to get it from dukascopy. I use same VPS for both, but Tickmill had wide spread yesterday during news while ICM didn't, so it closed almost instantly. Seems Tickmill is not as good as promoted. As I know SL is being copied but not sure. When I was copying providers I saw SL, but nobody was using trailing SL, so no idea if it works.

I only started and history is too young to attract investors. I'll have to see from practice. If it won't be good for followers I can open MAM if there will be enough interested investors.
                        Within Simpletrader, you should be able to open up a slave account
                        "This page shows all the slave accounts that you have setup and configured with your signals. To add a new account browse to "Edit Signals" and add a follower slave account."
                        If you could setup a ICM demo account within ST and host on your vps we can see how the trailing stoploss works for the followers.

Comment

I just remembered that SFE also uses trailing SL maybe ccjhuang can share info. I can add demo later if needed. But SL shouldn't be a problem because even if it doesn't copy SL trades get closed when I close + slippage. If followers get SL copied they get closed anyways when I close, so it will have some slippage anyways. The only way to prevent this is by going to MAM option.

Comment

I just remembered that SFE also uses trailing SL maybe ccjhuang can share info. I can add demo later if needed. But SL shouldn't be a problem because even if it doesn't copy SL trades get closed when I close + slippage. If followers get SL copied they get closed anyways when I close, so it will have some slippage anyways. The only way to prevent this is by going to MAM option.

Comment

I have been looking at the signal and first I got excited but then I sa how long the trades are opened for. In my opinion this would be almost impossible to copy with success. 2 second trades? Yesterday the best trades were 2 seconds and 14 seconds. It could be an issue. But I'd still be interested to see for sure.

Comment

Yes trades when in profit get protected by trailing SL. Usually they get closed in few minutes on rare occasion we hit TP. There is no worry about swap or weekend gaps because all get closed intraday. On zulutrade follower, even though they take 2.5 pips for commission , is profitable but I need a longer history to see the whole followers picture. SS doesn't show stats so no idea. I'll add a demo to check for ST.

Comment

Working...
                                X