Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied
    try on btcusd at evolvemarkets broker. liquidity is extremely deep (bitmex orderbooks) spreads the same. MT5 platform. You might get some good results with your daily breakout EA

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    The strategy was good in theory or in a demo, but in a live account, it's not profitable. We had a good run in 2019 for a few months, reached 90% and then all reversed. The market is choppy with zig-zag moves, the spread and slippage are adding loss to profitable trades. I'm trying a different system if it's going to be profitable in the long term I might share it. I'm withdrawing the funds I have left this week.
    Last edited by oportunis; 02-15-2020, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    I'm testing one strategy, it made nice results in 2 years. It's risky but I spread the grid wider and scale it if it goes against me. In this market it could work as we have a lot of ranging. I also implement hedging and I might change the direction if needed, but I need to test it in the live market first. After more testing, I'll share more about it.

Leave a comment:

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied
    What martingale grid robot are you using?

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    I can't do a test for last Friday only, but I removed all trading days except for Friday and here is the result
    fridaytradeoptimum.png
    Attached Files
    Last edited by oportunis; 12-11-2019, 05:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied
    Originally posted by oportunis View Post

HedgeBitcoin trading news events sometimes make a loss, but most of the time breakouts happen during them and I end with a profit. This is not the problem, we always risk the same and if we get slipped or spread is too wide we can't help it. This is how it is with real trading. I can avoid trading news events, but then I would miss on profits too. We need volatility for this system, preferably that it moves in only one direction for a while Ranging markets or zig-zag movement ends in a loss for the system.
    It's the news release that you decided to trade. Maybe run a backtest solely on the last Friday of every month and see how it works, then you can isolate your results and come to a conclusion. I understand that a backtest may not show slippage but you should be able to access the entry logic and see if NFP is a good event to trade or not .

NFP has the largest spreads and slippage of any economical report that I know of.

Leave a comment:

• OutsideTheBoxHK
    replied
    Originally posted by oportunis View Post

The strategy I use made almost 100% before the losing months. It's the same as on ICMarkets except Tickmill has far worse results. You can compare the results, that's why I have them. Tickmill has worse spread and liquidity. Even the price feed is different because the same EA opens different trades on it. So I don't recommend Tickmill as seen from real trading.

HedgeBitcoin trading news events sometimes make a loss, but most of the time breakouts happen during them and I end with a profit. This is not the problem, we always risk the same and if we get slipped or spread is too wide we can't help it. This is how it is with real trading. I can avoid trading news events, but then I would miss on profits too. We need volatility for this system, preferably that it moves in only one direction for a while Ranging markets or zig-zag movement ends in a loss for the system.
    I could see early on in studying forex price action, financial influencing factors, that in order to deploy a consistent and profitable strategy the mind or the engine must first determine WHICH ENVIRONMENT the market is in. Ranging, trend, or random low liquidity. I have talked heaps to risk managers at some of the big banks here in Hong Kong, and this is what ends up being the crux of the matter if they really believe they can "automate" one of my strategies. The Artificial Intelligence, algorithms, deep learning / machine learning hopefully will take this issue into consideration in their attempts to code/deploy automated forex trading strategies.

Until then I would rather trade manually / with human discretion. Stay away from wide spreads, slippy prices, etc.

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    Originally posted by RenkoGuy View Post
    Please don't blame Tickmill. The strategy was very poor.

e21a537316010f4f2ee9ef1fc347cff7.png
    The strategy I use made almost 100% before the losing months. It's the same as on ICMarkets except Tickmill has far worse results. You can compare the results, that's why I have them. Tickmill has worse spread and liquidity. Even the price feed is different because the same EA opens different trades on it. So I don't recommend Tickmill as seen from real trading.

Leave a comment:

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied
    also trading gold through NFP was a bad mistake. Liquidity , spreads and execution all suffer doing that whipsaw.

Leave a comment:

• RenkoGuy
    replied
    Please don't blame Tickmill. The strategy was very poor.

e21a537316010f4f2ee9ef1fc347cff7.png

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    Tickmill depleted the account. I won't be using that broker anymore. It opened trades in 0-1s and seems spread was so huge all ended in loss and over the SL. Instead of a nice profit, I got slipped by over 50 pips and it opened buy and a sell at once. Not only I got a margin call on it but also funds are in debt to the broker. It's not much, but I won't be using them and I don't recommend them for gold trading, we can clearly see their spread and liquidity is not good.

ICMarkets at least didn't open buy orders, but I also got slipped with over 50 pips and instead of nice profit I got a nice loss... As mentioned perfect trading doesn't exist in real life and my results are a lot different than the backtests, but we keep going on. Sooner or later we should get some winners and take back what was lost. It seems it was a good idea to start with a small balance and test it in a live environment, before adding big funds.

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    Yes, I added a test trade with 50 pip SL and 50 pip TP and as suggested before a 24 pip TP & 24 pip SL, so both have 1:1 risk : reward. They have smaller lot sizes, but overall risk stays the same.

The autumn months were not good for the system, we had a second consecutive month with loss, let's see what December brings to us. The tests show us that we should end in profit in the long term. DD period in backtesting lasted for almost 3 months, let's see how it goes with real trading.

Leave a comment:

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied
    Originally posted by Amadorian View Post
    Oh, and why are there lately some 50(0) pips losses?
    It looks like the system is entering 4 trades now. The 4th trade has the 500 point stoploss. It's a good way to see if another set of settings works better in the long run. I see different magic numbers, so later the myfxbook account can be sorted by these magic numbers to view individual settings. A pretty good idea.
    4 trades.png

Leave a comment:

• Amadorian
    replied
    Oh, and why are there lately some 50(0) pips losses?

Leave a comment:

• Amadorian
    replied
    Okay, looks like that strategy still might need some improvements.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X