Smart Scalper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dupapa View Post
    it closed on my ICMarkets account with a 0.09% loss, which i consider BE, and correctly identified i had TP set,

well.. given the choice, i cannot agree more Fabx, would much prefer to not be in the market at all during NFP, especially as NFP pushed us to a 40%+ stop out last year on this very signal.

i trust in Vijay Very much, i just dont like NFP

Anyways, would be cool to hear if Vijay has got a view point,

thankfull no matter the above for all you do!

quick question, HFT has gone maybe as RR seemed not so good, but this is a very limited test period we was exposed too, are there further plans to tailor this strategy further or have you seen enough all ready

Yours, //Ben
    Yes, I am running hft on demo account with some changes. I wanna see how it goes n I am still working on that. Always trying to improve, n there is always more.
    About nfp we were not in usd trade n I felt GBPNZD downtrend was so strong. So I felt like going with the trade. I 'll closely follow the high risk days n may be stop trading if I feel so. A good trader should know when not to trade.
    Last edited by SmartTrader; 01-11-2015, 08:13 AM.
    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• When we lost a lot of money on the GA (????) pair on scalper. Was that during NFP as someone said earlier or not? I don't remember that being the case, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
        When we lost a lot of money on the GA (????) pair on scalper. Was that during NFP as someone said earlier or not? I don't remember that being the case, but I could be wrong.
        It was not. There was a Scottish referendum things were there. There was a medium risk GBP news that got over and after several hours aud started going down heavily. I still don't know the reasons why

Comment

• Another great trade Vijay. Loving your work

Comment

• Originally posted by dazz1975 View Post
            Another great trade Vijay. Loving your work
            Second that. After such a large loss earlier in the system, one can see your composure from the equity curve coming right back. I'm sure you will reach watermark high this year.
            Thanks Vijay

Comment

• Last trade did not open in my account. Any idea why?

Comment

• Originally posted by savvste View Post
                Last trade did not open in my account. Any idea why?
                Trade lasted only a minute. So you might have missed it from the lag time or too far off slippage settings

Comment

• Originally posted by shawntan View Post
                  Trade lasted only a minute. So you might have missed it from the lag time or too far off slippage settings
                  Thank you! You are right!

Comment

• The same happened to me.

Originally posted by savvste View Post
                    Last trade did not open in my account. Any idea why?

Comment

• Hey Guys, we already have a solid 7% profit for this month. There is lots of volatality going on at the moment with the CHF pairs and again EUR volatility on 22nd. So for now i will watch out for couple of days. We will start trading once the markets are settled down.

Comment

• Originally posted by aletrader View Post
                        Averaging, hedging, martingale... all these kinds of way to trade take to have heavy drawdown. Trading is just going from point A to point B avoiding point C (stop loss). PERIOD! All other strategies are just excuses to no admit a losing trade.
                        As long you have positions open in the market and as long you will be exposed to the market volatility... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.
                        For this reason I like the EDGE of Algo Trading and High Frequency Trading, because most of the time they are FLAT.
                        ...... Now we see what happened to open positions with CHF..... the longer you stay in the market and the longer you're at risk....

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                          As the conditions are better now, I have resumed trading again.

Comment

• GBPCHF has just hit TP but should we consider disabling this pair now?
                            I'd hate to be short and SNB suddenly decide to intervene again...

Comment

• I have disabled it, till Carney finish speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                                I have disabled it, till Carney finish speaking.
                                I was more referring to the CHF part of the pair not the GBP...
                                can we safely trade the CHF when the SNB has a history of manipulating their currency with little or no warning?

Comment

Working...
                                X