Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risk settings.

Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
    2x is too much Chrislin, i dont know why people dont want to have realistic expectations. You might lose more than you earned by taking more risks. I clearly mentioned, do not take more than 1x risk in my thread.
    Hey Vijay, and what about this?:

Hi Guys,

i just reduced the risk size by 20%, i am hopeful we dont hit the same DD again for sometime. so till now i was opening 0.01 lot size for every 150$, now i made it to every 180$, so my master opens 0.03 lot size instead of 0.04 till the account grows to 720$.

For those who wants the same risk as earlier, you can modify the following way

multiply your current risk with 1.2, and put the result value as your risk, you will get the same lot sizes as earlier

e.g. if your current risk is 0.5
    1.2*0.5 = 0.6, so your new risk setting should be 0.6

if your current risk setting is 0.4, then 1.2*0.4=0.48

simple, sorry for the change of risks and unnecessary work for you guys, but its for good.

if you keep up the same work as this month, with the reduced risk we should be able to achieve 25%, thats a lot, isnt it?
    According to that, up to 1.2 can be still considered "safe" if we can "stomach" the slightly bigger DD... isn't it?
    This info is important, I think it should be included in the first post of the thread, and also in its SimpleTrader/ConnectForex page.

Comment

• Originally posted by dupapa View Post
      ahh, well if it makes a difference, last night i did exactly the same as you, i kept them in the market, this was the second time round i had a chance to sell so i took it,
      Yeah... I was hovering then too... You're a wiser man than me!

Looks like it might be on its way again... 3rd time lucky!

Comment

• Go go EURNZD...

Comment

• vijay, thanks for some beautiful trades this week, keep up the amazing work,

Originally posted by Lennylongroach View Post
          Yeah... I was hovering then too... You're a wiser man than me!

Looks like it might be on its way again... 3rd time lucky!
          not sure about wiser... lol

im sure it will hit its original TP, i have lots of trust in vijays system, been on SS since day one, joined ST just after that, its beautiful to watch at times, other times the market is not so favorable but we get BE that's still a plus, the system flips between trends nicely,

in all honesty i would not normaly close trades, i closed this last trade as i increased risk from 0.7 -> 1 /1.68 to get GBP, (.6 risk) after realizing the new potential loss on screen i was not happy with the amount of exposure so i started looking for an exit even if at a slight loss, the fact i left it in another day if im honest is a bit of greed also but its actually nice i feel im able to and that's Vijays doing, he has done me so well since last year, but considering the increased lot size and the weekend looming sense told me to close it,
          edit, also im 8% in DD not counting Vijay which also added to the decision to close

Comment

• Yes Victor that's correct. I had said those who r still ok with the previous risk can go for 1.2 of what they had earlier.

Sent from my ultrafone 701HD using Tapatalk
            Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• I'm doing a Euro die dance this weekend. Actually I'm also doing Kiwi strong dance. There is tequila involved. Do not worry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                I'm doing a Euro die dance this weekend. Actually I'm also doing Kiwi strong dance. There is tequila involved. Do not worry.
                ROFL. If there is tequila involved then anything is possible.

If you feel the need there is always absinthe

Comment

• 05.15.2014 15:19 05.19.2014 01:22 EURNZD Sell 0.10 - 54.70 1.59020 1.58474 54.6 $48.85 3d 0.66%
                  05.15.2014 14:18 05.19.2014 01:22 EURNZD Sell 0.10 - 20.90 1.58682 1.58474 20.8 $19.61 3d 0.27%
                  05.15.2014 14:06 05.19.2014 01:22 EURNZD Sell 0.10 - 18.00 1.58293 1.58474 -18.1 $ -14.03 3d -0.19%
                  05.15.2014 12:47 05.19.2014 01:22 EURNZD Sell 0.10 - 55.10 1.57922 1.58474 -55.2 $ -46.12 3d -0.62%

I don't know how you did it but it made profit. $8.31 If there wasn't a positive swap on this it would have been a loss but it wouldn't have been a terrible lost. Definitely would have been something we all could have recovered from IF it was a loss.

Comment

• Great start to the week Vijay!

Comment

• I'm doing a Euro die dance this weekend. Actually I'm also doing Kiwi strong dance. There is tequila involved. Do not worry.
                      Well done, Vijay. Thanks.
                      Also a special thanks to BRM for ensuring that we got some green pips!

Comment

• Nice GJ trade today turning out well

Comment

• Got to love the quick ss scalps, thanks for the decent 20 pips this morn!!

Comment

• Nice recovery today ST plus 2 extra trades ..... this is my favorite signal!!!!

Comment

• Today is triple swap day, so closed the GA trade with less than 20 pips.
                              Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Thank you Vijay, will be some high impact news soon as well, still banked 10+ pips
                                Today is triple swap day, so closed the GA trade with less than 20 pips.

Comment

Working...
                                X