Smart Scalper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=

Am I missing anything, i.e. did the promised loss reduced from the said 30% to 25% or 20% as some members have stated here?[/QUOTE]

Read here http://www.forexsignals.com/forex-si...t-Scalper.html Says "20% of account equity on a basket of open positions."

Comment

• OK thanks, so there ARE discrepancies then... something Vijay needs to clarify once and for all, for the benefit of existing (and future) subscribers.

Comment

• Originally posted by sanriopurin View Post
        Again this is not meant as an attack (or defence), I just want to get the full picture.

When I read the very first page of this thread, it was mentioned that the worst basket loss is 30% equity.

And then, when I look at the official Myfxbook stats, the loss this week (which I assume is wholly due to this basket) is 42%+

Am I missing anything, i.e. did the promised loss reduced from the said 30% to 25% or 20% as some members have stated here?
        Max should have been around 20% , maybe 25-30% for a bit of breathing room if it's really need. 25% was the number I said he needs to stay around if I'm going to put it live.

For what it's worth, his $100k+ investor accounts have been smashed just like the rest of us.

No doubt he's struggling as life changing potential went up in smoke a few hours ago for him. I know there were some serious investors monitoring him with enough money to change the financial destiny for him and his family.

It's unfortunate that one mistake can ruin years of work, but this is what happens. Trust takes years to develop, but can be trashed in minutes.

I'm sure I'll hear from him soon.
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• With all due respect to both sides, let's look at it at a big picture. If my understanding is correct, this signal is still up 60% for the year, bearing in mind with about 3 months left in the year too.

I'll take that over pretty much anything else out there at the moment. Compound that 60% per year over 5 years, you'll multiply your account 10 times. Do you have the patience to be rich?

I (if I were a subscriber or Vijay) would only start getting worried if this recent loss will be an on-going occurrence. And that is why it's imperative that this strategy gets a thorough re-evaluation, to minimise future losses (stick to the pre-set DD), minimise occurrence (re-design the range and lot sizing to suit currency pairs, or whatever), or of course best of all, to eliminate it altogether moving forward.

Comment

• After a loss like that, he should be inundated with subscribers. It obviously doesn't occur often, so it would be a good time to join up! Also be glad he cut those trades GBPAUD is rallying hard.

Comment

• Personally, I don't believe in such things Gamblers' Fallacy.

More importantly is (or should have been): strategy is/was adhered to. Needs some improvement there.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillHuppert View Post
                I've been through this with support as I was concerned when in previous drawdown with SS that subsequent positions on my account were being opened at increasing sizes, whereas the master positions were all the same size.

The critical point is that the balance or equity on your account is always compared with the master account equity (never the balance).
                I believe Nick is wrong on this point, and that there must be some other reason for his hedge being under size, maybe he adjusted the multiplier between the two trades.

If you want to prove it to yourself, setup a spreadsheet, and see what happens when you have a significant drawdown.
                The reason the balance setting creates increasing position sizes is because the master equity has decreased, and your balance has remained constant, the ratio between the two has changed and your account balance is now relatively larger than the master account equity it is being compared to, therefore it will open a larger position size on your account.

The long and the short of it:
                Using the equity setting, your account will open identical (or very close) position sizes on subsequent positions in drawdown, if the master sizes are identical.
                Using the balance setting, your account will open increasingly larger sizes on subsequent positions in drawdown, if the master sizes are identical.

Sorry for the long winded answer, hope it helps.
                I have my account set to equity, and it is staying that way.
                A) It seems if Subscribers set "Risk Multi using Balance" then when Drawdown occurs the subs lot size will increase as mine did with the last basket yesterday. The last pyramid on my account increased the lot size 35% greater then the 1st trades lot size. (This was suggested by Nick to use this setting when trading several signals in 1 account).

B) However if you use "Risk Multi using equity" the last pyramid would probably be less (35% less ?)then the 1st traded Lot size .

C)Using " Lot Multiplier " may be the answer although need to be aware when the trader Deposit/withdraws and to change the Lot multiplier accordingly after a Loss trade and before a new basket of trades begins.

Since Trading Smart scalper(Trades same lot size for the Basket) deciding how to replicate his same lot size for the whole basket is difficult.

So,each of the settings have their own problems (Equity, Balance or Lot Multiplier).

In my mind it is most accurate to use Lot Multiplier to try and replicate the traders performance. (This way we can have the same lot size for the basket as per the trader)
                Can we get assurances that deposits and withdrawals won't occur ?

With the Copy trade system provided by ST ,It is fixed to "Equity" of the traders (Signal Providers) account. It would be better in the case of Smart scalper if it was set to check traders account (Signal Providers) "Balance" instead, then as subs we could use " "Risk Multi using Balance" and have the same lot size for each trade in the basket.

So getting changes made to the copy system would be best.

Lets get some rules in place/Changes, Set up our accounts up again brush of the dust and trade on.
                Last edited by genki7; 09-10-2014, 05:02 AM.

Comment

• Wtm

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Max should have been around 20% , maybe 25-30% for a bit of breathing room if it's really need. 25% was the number I said he needs to stay around if I'm going to put it live.

For what it's worth, his $100k+ investor accounts have been smashed just like the rest of us.

No doubt he's struggling as life changing potential went up in smoke a few hours ago for him. I know there were some serious investors monitoring him with enough money to change the financial destiny for him and his family.

It's unfortunate that one mistake can ruin years of work, but this is what happens. Trust takes years to develop, but can be trashed in minutes.

I'm sure I'll hear from him soon.
                  I hope we hear from him soon. With a disastrous DD like this he needs to explain himself. Exactly what went wrong? How did he allow this to happen? Full explanation and nothing less. I'm a subscriber and it is only commonsense that he should explain what has gone wrong here.

Comment

• Originally posted by chooch View Post
                    After a loss like that, he should be inundated with subscribers. It obviously doesn't occur often, so it would be a good time to join up! Also be glad he cut those trades GBPAUD is rallying hard.
                    I would have been moar glad if he cut them at 20-25% as promised & expected, rather than at ~45%.

Still, he could have let them go to 100% though. So you are correct there.

And as sanriopurin rightly said, there is just as much statistical probability of Vijay hitting a SL tomorrow as there is in 1 years time. The time span means nothing. His system obviously does not filter the trades hard enough, so is susceptible to large swings or trends.

Comment

• Originally posted by WTM View Post
                      I hope we hear from him soon. With a disastrous DD like this he needs to explain himself. Exactly what went wrong? How did he allow this to happen? Full explanation and nothing less. I'm a subscriber and it is only commonsense that he should explain what has gone wrong here.

Vijay has a reply on pg 141, Not sure if everyone has seen it. It may not satisfy the questions you have or the answers you want although I thought I would point it out to assist.

Comment

• 3 or 4 times we were in 25% dd but always we survived.I month ago we were more then 30% down after big spike but then turned to our direction.What to say ,if he fix to close all possitions at 25% then he would allready killed the account,because we hit 25% dd 3 or 4 times in 5 months .The question is where is next dd?if he fix to close all positions at 25%dd then i think i every 2 months we will have one closing(just check history)I feel like tusnami hit me ,because last week i add ss to another acc with small risk.At the end of the day this is forex and Vijay is great trader and great guy.I lost money but can only say THANK YOU VIJAY FOR YOUR WORK and you do not have to explain anything because this is FOREX.Sorry for my english.
                        Last edited by Fxtsunami; 09-10-2014, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jprize View Post
                          Sooooo Aletrader, I asked you last time you were spamming here to provide fxbook link to your personal account, and you could not...because you are a faker/spammer/scammer. Please go spamming elsewhere.
                          Jprize, your attitude is clear.... you are a LOSER in this game and you still continue to lose in the future because you don't want hear people that have more experience than you. You really DESERVE it. I give you already the link but you say I didn't give you. Why you send me private message??? I have a personal blog with FREE info and I'm not a spammer/scammer. Before accuse someone think well dear LOSER.

View the profile of Forex Trader alexlowrisk - forex trading systems, strategies and forum posts.

Comment

• I just spoke to Vijay. He'll be updating you guys shortly with a post.

I've decided to put it back on trial in the trading room until he can recover the drawdown and we're putting the MAM on hold for the time being.
                            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Averaging, hedging, martingale... all these kinds of way to trade take to have heavy drawdown. Trading is just going from point A to point B avoiding point C (stop loss). PERIOD! All other strategies are just excuses to no admit a losing trade.
                              As long you have positions open in the market and as long you will be exposed to the market volatility... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.
                              For this reason I like the EDGE of Algo Trading and High Frequency Trading, because most of the time they are FLAT.

Comment

• Hi Nick, may i know how you handle this kind of situation? Smart Scalper lost is more than expected that written on your site.
                                How you handle other traders like Dayfox, TA, Viper, etc.
                                I know Dayfox has a really good Hedging strategy that reduce the drawdown and give more profit. However, shit happens sometimes and we can not do anything except receive the loss on lost our money.

Comment

Working...
                                X