Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertfx View Post
    hi vijay,
    will this be US compliant on an account w/good spreads & low commissions?
    please advise. thanks, rfx
    As of now its not US compliant in the fact that FIFO is not followed. But i can make it US compliant by changing a little bit. i will talk to nick about it.

On spreads and commissions wise, i am running on an account which has the highest spreads and no commision. Its a micro account so it has high spreads. So on a standard account it should perform better than my account.
    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
      Nick, that not 2 trades but 2 currency pairs. A max loss of 20% on 2 currecy pairs basket of trades. One currency pair basket, max loss of 10%. Two currency pair trades max loss of 20%. On one currency pair we may have 3-4 trades. So on two there will be a max of 6-8 trades altogether. Hope it clarifies.
      I think I understand.

So the max loss on a basket is 20% with a maximum number of 8 open positions.
      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by robertfx View Post
        hi vijay,
        will this be US compliant on an account w/good spreads & low commissions?
        please advise. thanks, rfx
        Hi Robert,

I have made the EA US compliant now. Trades are closed in FIFO Fashion now. Nothing else changed in the system.
        Last edited by SmartTrader; 11-14-2013, 08:23 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi Robert,

I have made the EA US compliant now. Trades are closed in FIFO Fashion now. Nothing else changed in the system.
          Will this change the system in ANYway at all? Risk, methodology, logistics, whatever the tech words are? I don't want to suddenly find out oops it actually doesn't work on FIFO....

Also. Please people be careful. There are only 35 trades in the EA's history. I recommend NOT jumping in at 1x risk. Expect a 20% to hit at some stage in the first 100 trades.
          Last edited by Big River Man; 11-14-2013, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I know it's been answered but what balance are y'all starting with?

I'm thinking $250.

point two five geez.

Comment

The system looks pretty good , especially the drowdown set - if it is true. I'm going to take a trial with small account because the trading record is too short .

Comment

Hi SmartTrader,
                Thanks for taking over from Silent.
                Please could you give an indication of backtest results for each pair, just so that we have some idea of historical performance.

Comment

Hi SmartTrader,

Your Myfxbook (http://www.myfxbook.com/members/vijayinvites/ss/725812) shows trades up to Nov 11. Why not up to Nov 14? Did you stop trading on Nov 11?

Cheers,
                  Henri

Comment

Originally posted by Henri View Post
                    Hi SmartTrader,

Your Myfxbook (http://www.myfxbook.com/members/vijayinvites/ss/725812) shows trades up to Nov 11. Why not up to Nov 14? Did you stop trading on Nov 11?

Cheers,
                    Henri
                    No, trades did not happen, thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                      Will this change the system in ANYway at all? Risk, methodology, logistics, whatever the tech words are? I don't want to suddenly find out oops it actually doesn't work on FIFO....

Also. Please people be careful. There are only 35 trades in the EA's history. I recommend NOT jumping in at 1x risk. Expect a 20% to hit at some stage in the first 100 trades.
                      No, nothing changes. I anyway planned to do this. This update makes more efficient than bad.

Yes, i am always FOR taking lower risk. try with small amount, once you are comfortable you can take a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by benjim View Post
                        I know it's been answered but what balance are y'all starting with?

I'm thinking $250.

point two five geez.
                        250 is a good amount to start with. Use 0.5x risk for tihs amount as of now. I will communicate the changes later.

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurfer View Post
                          Hi SmartTrader,
                          Thanks for taking over from Silent.
                          Please could you give an indication of backtest results for each pair, just so that we have some idea of historical performance.
                          This is a multicurreny strategy. I can not back test it using the mt4. However i did manually backtested it for over 6-9 months. The results were the same as the current.

Comment

I started with Silent and canceled do to wiping me out. I too want to try this. Nick let us know where to sign up.

Comment

250 is a good amount to start with. Use 0.5x risk for tihs amount as of now. I will communicate the changes later.
                              Alright, gotcha. Yeah, lemme know when to adjust risk settings considering that starting balance please

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by benjim View Post
                                Alright, gotcha. Yeah, lemme know when to adjust risk settings considering that starting balance please

Cheers.
                                Just set the risk at 0.5x and do not increase it. Rest will be taken care of on its own.

Comment

Working...
                                X