No announcement yet.

Smart Scalper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you now program the EA to chose the pairs or they are hand picked? And if yes which pairs will be traded in the future?
    Regards the backtest issue with multipair systems, nevertheless I would like to see some quality backtest for the single pairs to get an idea of the success rate and DD.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by HOPP; 11-15-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HOPP View Post
      Did you now program the EA to chose the pairs or they are hand picked? And if yes which pairs will be traded in the future?
      Regards the backtest issue with multipair systems, nevertheless I would like to see the some quality backtest for the single pairs to get an idea of the success rate and DD.
      Thanks.
      Completely automated, no manual intervention, yes, someone gave a program link which will make the multicurrency back testing possible, need sometime to get the results, i do not know how to use it yet.

the EA trades all the 28 pairs, majors and crosses, no exotics. At a time only two are traded.
      Last edited by SmartTrader; 11-15-2013, 01:46 PM.
      Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
        Completely automated, no manual intervention, yes, someone gave a program link which will make the multicurrency back testing possible, need sometime to get the results, i do not know how to use it yet.

the EA trades all the 28 pairs, majors and crosses, no exotics. At a time only two are traded.
        Perfect! Waiting for the BT.. Since I don't see any SL most of the time on your mfb account I guess the trades get closed by a max % of loss setting. Is that right? Your max % loss will than always be 20%? I'm asking bc I trade on bigger account size but with your lot size. It would mean I can reduce my max DD tolerance level dramatically :-)

Comment

Originally posted by HOPP View Post
          Perfect! Waiting for the BT.. Since I don't see any SL most of the time on your mfb account I guess the trades get closed by a max % of loss setting. Is that right? Your max % loss will than always be 20%? I'm asking bc I trade on bigger account size but with your lot size. It would mean I can reduce my max DD tolerance level dramatically :-)
          No, the SL is hidden, as in the EA knows whats the SL is, just that its not shown because if its exposed most of the times people will stop hunt, when the bid goes below the SL on a buy trade, all the trades on the currency pair will be closed. And this will amount to 10% loss for a currency pair, so its all precalculate. One thing to note, as the master account has only 100+ $, the strict MM of 20% is assured only if subs take 0.5% risk, please check my 3rd post in this thread for more details.

Comment

No, the SL is hidden, as in the EA knows whats the SL is, just that its not shown because if its exposed most of the times people will stop hunt, when the bid goes below the SL on a buy trade, all the trades on the currency pair will be closed. And this will amount to 10% loss for a currency pair, so its all precalculate. One thing to note, as the master account has only 100+ $, the strict MM of 20% is assured only if subs take 0.5% risk, please check my 3rd post in this thread for more details.
            OK thx. To be clear, I trade on 2800 bucks account with risk set to 0.1%, means I'll trade the same 0.01 lot size as you regards the calculator has shown. That means I can drop my max DD tolerance level to 5- 6% and I will be on the safe side

Comment

Hi

Thank you for explaining the system in detail, i only have one question

i was trading with SS with $1700, now i plan to only use $700 equity going forward, can you please advise on my risk setting? many thanks. im currently at 500:1 leverage

good luck i hope to all of us.

Thank you for stepping up.
              Last edited by dupapa; 11-15-2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

till the original balance goes above 200$ we are advised to use risk 0.5 to match the risk of the original strategy

Comment

Originally posted by dupapa View Post
                  Hi

Thank you for explaining the system in detail, i only have one question

i was trading with SS with $1700, now i plan to only use $700 equity going forward, can you please advise on my risk setting? many thanks. im currently at 500:1 leverage

good luck i hope to all of us.

Thank you for stepping up.
                  The formulaw is simple, you want to use 700 for this strategy out of your 1700 capital. i.e 41% of your capital,

so 41% of 0.5 is your risk, i.e. 0.2x.

Comment

Sure, thats not an issue,. i ll change it. the reason it was updating late was i was only doing manual trades in it, myfxbook real time update doesnt work properly anymore, i use publishing the results, becz i was not keeping the metatrader open all the time, i dint feel the need, now that its an EA and it runs all the time, i shd change that. thanks

Done.. now it updates at every 5 minutes
                    it is not updating every 5 mins

Comment

Hi Nick,

I'm interested in subscribing to this signal. Nick can you please tell me how to do?
                      Wanted to subscribe to SS but unfortunately it's not possible anymore.

Regards,
                      Henri

Comment

Awesome!!!!!

Comment

Hi Nick and all!

This is my first post here, so let me say, first, I'm very glad to be part now of this great community of forex traders!

Well, I was looking at the closing price (1.62402) of the three EURNZD Long trades yesterday, on Vijay's Scalper System: well, I don't understand how these trades get closed, because I cannot find such price on 23.00 1h candle (max was @ 1.62003), neither on HotForex EURNZD chart, nor with any other broker, also considering the high spread of this pair.

Someone (SmartTrader first, of course) could enlighten me about this?

Many thanks and regards,

Fabio
                          Last edited by Prasadast71; 11-16-2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prasadast71 View Post
                            Hi Nick and all!

This is my first post here, so let me say, first, I'm very glad to be part now of this great community of forex traders!

Well, I was looking at the closing price (1.62402) of the three EURNZD Long trades yesterday, on Vijay's Scalper System: well, I don't understand how these trades get closed, because I cannot find such price on 23.00 1h candle (max was @ 1.62003), neither on HotForex EURNZD chart, nor with any other broker, also considering the high spread of this pair.

Someone (SmartTrader first, of course) could enlighten me about this?

Many thanks and regards,

Fabio
                            I have just observed this in other broker, FXCM, i did not see the last bar high touching 62402, however in hot forex the last bar high is 62736.

My terminal pic

eurnzd-h4-hf-markets-ltd.png

Comment

weird, maybe it is time to change broker before publishing the signal, 40 pips is very high difference imho , could this be due to insanely high spread at that time ?
                              here is my chart on FXOpen (first image)
                              and Forex.com ( second image)
                              both are real accounts
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Okda; 11-16-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
                                weird, maybe it is time to change broker before publishing the signal, 40 pips is very high difference imho , could this be due to insanely high spread at that time ?
                                I dont think its bec of the spread, and i never seen such things earlier too. could this be bec of there were no liquidity at that time but only hotforex subs had ask n bid at those levels and they got fulfilled? wil this work like this? am not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X